3.75 TDK

coolhandmelo

Hello All,

I was at Target a couple of days ago and noticed a small scale Batmobile/Tumbler. I thought it was just that, but upon inspection I saw that it claims to fit 3.75 figures and there was a picture of a smaller Batman figure inside the Batmobile. Then I saw these small "polly pocket" type playsets with a 3.75 Batman figure included for 14 bucks.

On the back there is a Joker figure listed with the "Other figures sold seperately" on the box.

Anyone know if there will be a 3.75 line of TDK figures? Or is is just this Batman to go with the playsets and the Batmobile?

I figured with the photos of DCU Infiinite Heroes, maybe there TDK figures were the first signs of Mattel's 3.75 line....

Anyone know????

Oh yeah, are these smaller sets Target exclusives, cause I can't find them at any Toys r Us....

Hello All,

I was at Target a couple of days ago and noticed a small scale Batmobile/Tumbler. I thought it was just that, but upon inspection I saw that it claims to fit 3.75 figures and there was a picture of a smaller Batman figure inside the Batmobile. Then I saw these small "polly pocket" type playsets with a 3.75 Batman figure included for 14 bucks.

On the back there is a Joker figure listed with the "Other figures sold seperately" on the box.

Anyone know if there will be a 3.75 line of TDK figures? Or is is just this Batman to go with the playsets and the Batmobile?

I figured with the photos of DCU Infiinite Heroes, maybe there TDK figures were the first signs of Mattel's 3.75 line....

Anyone know????

Oh yeah, are these smaller sets Target exclusives, cause I can't find them at any Toys r Us....

I've only seen these at Target so I'm guessing they're exclusives. There are sets of 2 at Target as well. Joker is one. They're just rescaled versions of the 5" figures.

Hello All,

Anyone know????

I've only seen these at Target so I'm guessing they're exclusives. There are sets of 2 at Target as well. Joker is one. They're just rescaled versions of the 5" figures.

wal-mart has them too

Go to the main news board toynewsi.com there you'll find a thread with new DK playsets. One is a playset batmobil tumbler that opens up & changes in to 3 differant play scenes. & if memory serves me correct then I'm almost sure a 3.75" Joker will come with it.

I have both the playsets that are out already. it is a lil strange to put out a Jokers laier with no Joker. But he is on the way.

I found them too at my local target....

These are getting me excited for Infinite Heroes!

The Batman/Joker 2-pack seems to be going quicker than the other 2-packs...although I haven't seen the Gotham Thug 2-pack....

I'm very pleased with these figures but I have to admit, why don't these figures have the exact articulation that the 5' counterparts have? At least elbow joints?

If Mattel says they sacrificed articulation for sculpt, that's a bunch of bunk!

I can't believe I"m saying this, but Hasbro's smaller figs(Star Wars, Indy, and G.I. Joe) have way more articulation and the sculpts don't suffer...

Oh, and you want to talk about articulation in this scale? Take a look at Mezco's Hellboy 2 3.75 figures! Those are off the chain....

I'll get off the soapbox, but overall I'm pleased in the sense that Mattel and Batman are going into this scale. And anything Batman I go crazy for!

I applaud Mattel for a step in the right direction!

Hopefully this scale will keep going and we'll get more figures and playsets!

Bring on Infinite Heroes!!!!!!

I like the sculpt detail of the Mattel 4" Dark Knight Batman figures, but wanted more articulation. So, I did a custom figure using the Mattel Batman, a Microman Material Force body and a HotToys gashapon head. The Tumbler looks a little too small, as my Batman turned out a little over 4", but $8, I can't complain.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Here are a couple with it's original head, slightly modified. I think I'll work a little more on it.

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Batman Begins version. HotToys gashapon figure over a Microlady Material Force body.

IMG_0103.jpg

Side by side:

IMG_0106.jpg

Here are a couple with it's original head, slightly modified. I think I'll work a little more on it.

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Batman Begins version. HotToys gashapon figure over a Microlady Material Force body.

IMG_0103.jpg

Side by side:

IMG_0106.jpg

Those are really slick! A much-needed custom. Kudos to you.

Does anyone know if there are going to be any more of these made? I kinda like them... even though they need some work.

Does anyone know if there are going to be any more of these made? I kinda like them... even though they need some work.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I hope that they make some more, too. A Batman Begins version Batman would be cool.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I hope that they make some more, too. A Batman Begins version Batman would be cool.

Good customs needs to be appreciated and their customizers should always be recognized for lifting the hobby to new levels. I agree, a Batman Begins version would be cool. Maybe with a Gordon or Ras.

I was just at Target and noticed that the packaging now has something about the figures being part of a game. I'm guessing that these are supposed to be in the same line as the upcoming 3.75" DC figures. I like these figures but didn't think much of the DC figures when I saw the pictures. Maybe they look better in real life???

I was just at Target and noticed that the packaging now has something about the figures being part of a game. I'm guessing that these are supposed to be in the same line as the upcoming 3.75" DC figures. I like these figures but didn't think much of the DC figures when I saw the pictures. Maybe they look better in real life???

The DC Infinite Heroes look a little stiff in pictures, like these do. But if they are as fun in hand as these are, I will probably pic up a few. It's nice to see toys that are meant to be played with sometimes, too.

Anyone know what scale this will be:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

I really want a 4" scale Batpod. I also read that the Batpod that comes with the Stealth Launch Tumbler is a little small for the 5" figures, so maybe it could work.

Couple of shots of the World's Finest:

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Comparison of the new 4" Tumbler with the Hot Wheels 1/18 die-cast version:

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

For $8, the plastic version compares nicely, I think. It's front wheels are more accurately sized, too. Unfortunately, neither is true 1/18 scale. (And just another inch or so would have done it...)

While taking these pics, I finally figured out how to open the canopy all the way on the Hot Wheels version. I thought I had broken it at first, but it just takes a lot of force to open.

IMG_0215.jpg

The interior is nicely detailed. I think I could squeeze Batman in there, but I don't think that there is enough leg room.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg