You're Opinion of the 25th Anniversery So Far

darthhenning

Rate the Line.  

45 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion how has this line performed?

• 10-A set of incredible figures
    • 9-An incredible set with a couple of issues that can be overlooked
    • 8-An excellent set with some minor issues
    • 7-A very good set with a couple major issues
    • 6-A good line with some major issues
    • 5-A fair line with a mix of major and minor issues
    • 4-A poor line with a number of major issues
    • 3-A very poor line with many poor figures
    • 2-A horrible line with mostly poor figures
    • 1-A terrible line with few good figures
  2. 2. You're favorite figure of the line.

• Snake Eyes (82)
    • Snake Eyes (86)
    • Torpedo
    • General Hawk
    • Spirit
    • Tomax/Xamot
    • Destro (83)
    • Destro (IG)
    • Firefly (classic)
    • Other, explain below
  3. 3. You're least favorite figure of the line.

• Major Bludd
    • Viper
    • Cobra Troopers/Officers
    • Hiss Driver
    • Baroness (blue)
    • Serpentor
    • Duke
    • Flint
    • Bazooka
    • Other, explain below

I gave the line a 9. Some figures have had issues, but it's always been something I can overlook and enjoy the figure anyway. Overall I think it's a great toy line and I'm very excited about it still.

I voted for Snake-Eyes (v2) as my favorite. It was my favorite twenty-three years ago, and it's my favorite today.

Least favorite? I voted for Flint, simply because of the whole "Duke-arms" fiasco. Otherwise it's a great figure. I simply don't have a problem with the others that some do. I must be one of the few (only?) people that actually like Major Bludd. In fact, I think overall his sculpt (except for the boots and thigh-pads) suits him better than Zartan, and I think that's because of the armored vest he sports. But I actually like it. And Blue Baroness? At first I thought it was a cheesy repaint. But it really grew on me. It's got a much-better head-sculpt than the five-pack version, and I actually like her colors, green glasses and all. I'm not sure why; I can't put my finger on it, but I love it.

The only thing I don't like about this line is the fact that Hasbro may not get around to putting out all of the classic figures before the movie hits.

BTW, say what you will about the early pics and script rumors, I'm getting excited about the movie. Will it bomb? Maybe, but I hope not. More than anything I think the movie versions of the characters will make excellent toys, no matter what you think of the uniform changes and what-not. That's probably what I'm most excited about. For some reason I've always liked having a comic, cartoon, or movie associated with the toys I collected. It just always made it more fun to me. And even if the movie tanks, I think we'll see some great toys come from it.

I gave the line an 8. Overall I'm happy, but there are a few complaints.

I voted for IG Destro as my favorite so far, and Bludd as my least favorite (since you didn't have Serpentor on there).

I gave the line an 8. Overall I'm happy, but there are a few complaints.

I voted for IG Destro as my favorite so far, and Bludd as my least favorite (since you didn't have Serpentor on there).

Thank you for the Serpentor reminder - somehow I typed Scarlett when I ment serpy, appologies. Error now fixed.

Its been okay.

I think the best figure done thus far is the v3 Snake-Eyes--that one was knocked waaaaaaaaay out of the park.

I agree that some aspects could use work ( elbows and waist) but those tend to be different from figure to figure. Hips have been fixed on newer figures, detail is usually very good--re-use is starting to be a little bit of a sour problem. Re-issued figures are getting a bit dry for me. I'm not collecting all of them, have only 17 thus far--including the ones from the first two 5-packs--so I do not have a first-hand broad overview of the line.

The line is NOT a stinker, but its not a god-send either. I'm enjoying what I have.

For me, this line has been a disapointment. I'll list my reasons:

I dont like the change to 4 inch from 3 3/4, theres just no need to make these figures bigger than the earlier joes.

Badly proportioned limbs such as the legs on Cobra Commander.

Anime eyes Roadblock.

Poor articulation. Arms cant even bend 90 degrees? Is that supposed to be a step forward Hasbro?

Hand molded as fists so they cant hold weapons.

The Major Bludd debacle.

Bald Cobra Troopers?

Permanently seasick Zartan.

Web gear that restricts movement, and bandoliers that choke Firefly.

Stupid swishy hood on Cobra Commander. It looks unnatural for him to be permanently stood in a high wind.

Pin heads ( Destro, Wild Bill).

Giant heads (Breaker).

Ugly Duke arms.

Missed opportunities for removeable helmets, Copperhead, Major Bludd, Wild Weasel etc).

Still no Dr Venom on the horizon. Although, admittedly many other fans would prefer more promenant characters.

I did like the Crimson Twins and Wild Weasel.

I went with 8 and I think most if not all issues I have will be fixed within the next two years.

My favorite is IG Destro. He's the closest to perfect to me.

Least favorite is Major Bludd.

I went with an 8. Scale issues, like Breakers HUGE head and Wild Bills tiny head are annoying to me. The elbow articulation is also annoying to me. 89 Snake Eyes is my favorite so far. With my least favorite being Serpentor....because it's Serpentor.

Yep, the 25th line is a cool set of figures, it just doesn't taste as good as the originals did.

It's been pretty good, but there are major issues. Repaints!!! WAY too many of them. Also, accessories are often lackluster, distribution is terrible, and I can't get Doc in Canada. Some - not all, but way too many - have major articulation issues, although this is directly related to the first problem as well. A few (Serpentor, Zartan, Bludd) are just poorly designed. The best thing about the line is that it uses the classic designs - when they stray, it's not good.

Not as good as the original line, but still the best GI Joe line we've had since. That's something.

'82 Snake Eyes was my favourite of the list. Duke/Flint was my least favourite - he looks great but his arms ruin him as a figure. Bludd is a close second, as well as Serpentor.

I gave it a 7.

While I love the line, there are a couple of major issues I have with it.

The first being the articulation. While most of the figures have quite a bit of articulation, my gripe isn't with the amount of articulation, it's with the range of the articulation. I want my Joes to be able to pose with both hands on their rifles, pointing them at incoming Cobras. And while this has improved since the first few waves, it's still not as good as I want it. I also wish they had more range in their knee and ankle joints.

The second issue I have is with the availability of the line. I CAN'T FIND THESE ANYWHERE IN STORES. Everywhere I go, all I see are empty pegs. Being such, I've gone to strictly buying cases online. I'd just like to go into a store and actually see some new product on the shelves.

My last and biggest complaint is that we haven't got Low-Light yet. I WANT ME SOME LOW-LIGHT LOVE! :)

For favorite figure, I chose "other" as my favorite figure so far has been V3 Snake Eyes...the one from Wave 7. This figure is just badass. I really love the removable knives on his chest and the night vision goggles.

Least favorite figure is Serpentor. The figure is just so...blah.

I voted for 8- Hasbro is doing a lot of things right but things like the Duke arms continuing to be used and the Viper's hands are glaring instances of "WTF?"

Best figure- IG Destro. I couldn't believe Hasbro knocked this one out of the park, especially since I think they didn't do so well on the 83 Destro.

Honorable mentions- Battle Armor CC, Torpedo, and wave 7 Snake Eyes.

Worst figure- since I don't have Bludd yet, I voted for the Viper. I was so, so disappointed that this one was so bad. I would have bought five, but I'll just stay with this one I have.

Dishonorable mention- Ace. I don't think I need to say more.

Aside from his kid being born, this line is the BEST thing that ever happened to EvilStar! He voted 8!

As for his favorite figure, its always been between Snowjob and Torpedo, but cuz Snowjob wasn't on the list, Torpy got the vote.

The worst is Ace. Why wasn't he on the list. He blows every which way!

See, I agree totally with the above gripes, but to me these are the minor points I mentioned. (Maybe I'm just way too easy to please.) (lol)

I will say that I too hate the fact that some figures can't bend their elbows a full 90 degrees. There's no excuse for that. I guess the other issues haven't been a problem for me since I'm mainly a MOC collector right now.

I would like to point out the figures I consider perfect though: Snow Job, Torpedo, Beachhead, Snake-Eyes (v1 and 2), v1 Roadblock (Yes, Roadblock...), IG Destro, Battle Armor Cobra Commander, TF Flint, Wild Weasel, Tomax and Xamot, Lady Jaye, Stalker, H.I.S.S. Driver, Arctic Snake-Eyes, and Storm Shadow (v1 and 2). In some cases I think these are even improvements over the originals.

And...can someone tell me if Hasbro's planning on doing one of my all-time favorites, Airborne? I'd LOVE to see him released.

I voted for 8- Hasbro is doing a lot of things right but things like the Duke arms continuing to be used and the Viper's hands are glaring instances of "WTF?"

Best figure- IG Destro. I couldn't believe Hasbro knocked this one out of the park, especially since I think they didn't do so well on the 83 Destro.

Honorable mentions- Battle Armor CC, Torpedo, and wave 7 Snake Eyes.

Worst figure- since I don't have Bludd yet, I voted for the Viper. I was so, so disappointed that this one was so bad. I would have bought five, but I'll just stay with this one I have.

Dishonorable mention- Ace. I don't think I need to say more.

I totally agree with you on all counts.

83 Destro was good but could have been better. But I think hasbro is fixing this with the dvd battle packs. THAT destro is one for the record books! I can't wait for these to come out, and to see the other 3!

I gave the line an eight. There are quite a few figures that are near perfect and I have no complaints with (Torpedo, Storm Shadow V1, Crimson Guard, BA Cobra Commander). But then there are figures that have major faults and everyone has problems with (limited mobility despite being 'super articulated', excessive reuse of molds, Flash's body and Duke's arms instantly spring to mind).

But the fact that my wishes for Hasbro to remake the classic Joe's have been answered is freaking awesome!

I am happy with the overall job Hasbro is doing with the line!

It gets an 8 from me as well. My beefs with the line are minor. Like the fact that neither Tomax and Xamot nor Shipwreck came with their little rope deals. Other than that,it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others here. Look at it this way,it's better than no line at all. Favorite figure I voted Other and go with Shipwreck. Yes he has his flaws but I like the fact this time around they gave him more fire power. I like his original figure but hated that gun they gave him. Looks like he's gets off one shot and then he's SOL. Worse is Serpentor. Where's the head piece? Where's that piece that goes on his back? Where's his cape?

Also, accessories are often lackluster...

This criticism rather surprises me.

Based on what I have seen, many of the accessories have been excellent--far, far better than those that came with the original figures. Items like the opening grenade launcher with Gung-Ho, the separate crossbow with Beachhead, the various modules that are removable from packs like the spare bolt mags in Spirit's backpack........damn, what more could a detail freak want??

If I had my own complaint, it would not be about the figures per se, it'd be about the vehicles we have seen thus far. I feel quite let-down that wjat's been released is old/marginally tweaked tooling that still makes the toys look somewhat toy-like.

Sure, an odd-crit given what these things are, but I was hoping............really hoping that the vehicles who have had additional layers of detail on them to reflect/mirror the added details the figures have and create a more "model-like" approach.

Would it have been too much to have asked for a molded detail instrument panel for the Armadillo tank, or a like-detailed set of gauges in the HISS or the coming VAMP?

There's opportunities to create toys with incredible visual interest about them, and thus far its been forsaken.

I mean, if they can supply a molded detail to the sole of a figures boot, then can have at least some scribed or embossed panel or instrument details on a flat panel or wall.

The figures and their accessories have been quite well plussed, but not the vehicles.

I'll have to agree ARROW; I'm reminded of the H.I.S.S. that came out as part of the Real American Hero Collection a few years back. I loved how the treads had mud and scratches painted on them. It was a level of detail unparalleled in the original line. Why can't they all look like that? That's why I don't collect Indiana Jones vehicles; they should have some mud, dust, and scratches painted on to reflect how they look in the movies.

Also, accessories are often lackluster...

This criticism rather surprises me.

Based on what I have seen, many of the accessories have been excellent--far, far better than those that came with the original figures. Items like the opening grenade launcher with Gung-Ho, the separate crossbow with Beachhead, the various modules that are removable from packs like the spare bolt mags in Spirit's backpack........damn, what more could a detail freak want??

I admit, that was a somewhat small complaint. You're right, a lot of the accessories have been awesome - I just wish they'd give every figure the same attention. Some figures' accessories were lacking - Cobra Officer, for example, or even Snake Eyes (reused Timber). It's not that the accessories were bad, I would just everything to be brand spanking new!

They really need to fix the Cobra Viper's arms. Had it not been for that I would've bought more.

Also, Hasbro should consider making the head of the figure more proportionate to the body its attached to.

And Hasbro should use a bit more common-sense with designing the figures. They should try to make the figure functional and not be handicapped by lack of elbow joints, or funky hand postions (or closed fists) or strange pea-size heads, etc...

Besides that I am pretty happy with the line.

db

9 over all for me

Fav is 85 Snake Eyes...... eagerly awaiting a true black repaint at some point.

Least fav, is Ace....... I can't believe you left that piece of crap off the list. He is the most hated fig I know of by all my local budies.

Draven

I voted 7 overall. The line is what we've all been waiting for, drooling over, but it's come with some MAJOR issues. @hmmm@ uhhh...IMO!

My favorite figure (so far) is between Beach Head and the Hiss driver.

Least favorite is probably any of the women figures so far. They've lacked considerably, mostly in the amount of plastic used to make the darn dainty little things. ^_^