Movie Masters recalled?!

syd

alright look....dont turn this into a scalper topic. you guys can start one if you want...up to you. im black( if you guys didnt know) and i would apreaciate you giys not throwing around the word ghetto. its a term used for a bad area, i understand that., but calling someone ghetto is...look at it this way,.i live in the ghetto(not anymore, but close to it) and im not going to argue with anyone, but i think that everyone here knows that 82% of ghetto people are black. so when someone says that youre acting ghetto, its like using the word g.ay to describe something that that you dont like. i hear people say things all the time like...that show was g.ay or stuff like that. so please, can we talk about the figs and not the price..SQ, GL, and whoevers between you two's arguing.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY GUYS! I'm new to the forum... seen the threads and wanted to share some of my story of hunting down these DAMN toys...

well first off... eBay... I was searching and was like "DAMN!"

so I go to the stores (everyone I can think off) and nothing...

so I go on eBay...

and I bought me a Wave 1 Batman Regular and Wave 2 Joker (holes in the package)

btw... I thought I was buying a Wave 1 Joker =/

so while I wait until those are shipped... I ran into some luck at Wally MART...

I bought a Masters Wave 2 BATMAN BEGINS (regular) not really what I wanted... but OK...

on the weekend, I hit up another WALLY MART... and I copped another BATMAN BEGINS BATMAN,

2 Scarecrows, and a Wave 2 Joker... (remember I am thinking I bought a Wave 1 from eBay)

those Wave 2 Jokers still fly off the shelves... I got the only one.. It was in front of the smaller, cheaper Dark Knight figures...

well... I received BOTH my eBay winnings today...

Wave 1 Batman TOTAL $20.99

Wave 2 Joker (thought it was Wave 1) TOTAL $42.99 <------RIPOFF... I bought a Wave 2 figure days later when I found it =/

and I bought from retail

Wave 2 Batman Begins (2x)

Wave 2 Scarecrow (2x)

Wave 2 Joker (one)

and I just won a listing on eBay for another Batman Wave 1 w/ mask and a joker Thug. $TOTAL 35.49

what do yall think? did I over pay on eBay... etc? how is everyone else doing it? (SORRY FOR THE LONG POST)

if it makes you happy & you can afford it, & your NOT PUTTING YOUR FAMILY'S FINACHEL security at risk, then I say go for it!

to tell the truth, I'm about done with this merch any how. I've got all my MMs except for fear Batman. I'm just looking for the Two face 5" & the two pack batman/thug 4". after that, its back to the world of DCD for this Queen.

& Pooda your the one who made thing about being black or g.ay or white or what ever! next time don't be so self conscienceious. jeez man its all in your head.

if it makes you happy & you can afford it, & your NOT PUTTING YOUR FAMILY'S FINACHEL security at risk, then I say go for it!

to tell the truth, I'm about done with this merch any how. I've got all my MMs except for fear Batman. I'm just looking for the Two face 5" & the two pack batman/thug 4". after that, its back to the world of DCD for this Queen.

& Pooda your the one who made thing about being black or g.ay or white or what ever! next time don't be so self conscienceious. jeez man its all in your head.

its not that bro. words like those have a meaning, usually its something else until they use it for another meaning. i in no way think....no i know you mean no disrespect, its just that i see people use that word as if ghetto people act a certain way(sometime they do) not everyone in the ghetto acts,..lets say "ghetto" as you put it. as far as you being done with this subject.....no you arent. youve been floating around on this thread since its been here, we like having you here( i do atleast. youre cool) but believe me, when someone shows you racism is alive and well.....and then they use some of the same phrases to discribe you.....you tend to have a different opinion on the way the word is used. i just dont want some racist a**hole to think that he can call me ghetto and its okay...thats all. you know what im saying.

well I like you to pooda. & just because I'm about to put a wrap on this line of merch has nothing to do with this whole "ghetto" misunderstanding.

As a matter of fact, TDK is the only DC merch that is not DCD that I own. I'm strickly DCD. If not for the much antisapated performances by Bale, Ledger, & even Ekhart I wouldn't be collecting this toy line at all.

But i'll still be found on the other threads. Matter of fact I just snatched up the 3rd series of GL, & believe me when I say its HOT!

& as for this "ghetto" thing. allow me to make clear my use of the word. GHETTO is a behavor! NOT A COLOR! any person of any color is capable if being ghetto if they conduct them self in such a maner.

i.e. the tv show Goodtimes, these people lived in a ghetto, but thru trile & tribulation choose to live above a ghetto mentailty. ok that's it. I'm done defending my self on this "off topic" topic. sorry if I up set the thread.

well I like you to pooda. & just because I'm about to put a wrap on this line of merch has nothing to do with this whole "ghetto" misunderstanding.

As a matter of fact, TDK is the only DC merch that is not DCD that I own. I'm strickly DCD. If not for the much antisapated performances by Bale, Ledger, & even Ekhart I wouldn't be collecting this toy line at all.

But i'll still be found on the other threads. Matter of fact I just snatched up the 3rd series of GL, & believe me when I say its HOT!

& as for this "ghetto" thing. allow me to make clear my use of the word. GHETTO is a behavor! NOT A COLOR! any person of any color is capable if being ghetto if they conduct them self in such a maner.

i.e. the tv show Goodtimes, these people lived in a ghetto, but thru trile & tribulation choose to live above a ghetto mentailty. ok that's it. I'm done defending my self on this "off topic" topic. sorry if I up set the thread.

youre good with me bro.

I'm not a mod here, or anything, but isn't this thread about on its' last legs? The "recall" is over, and it's getting hard to keep track of where we said what in what thread. Is there any way for a mod to lock this one, or how does that stuff work around here?

I'm not a mod here, or anything, but isn't this thread about on its' last legs? The "recall" is over, and it's getting hard to keep track of where we said what in what thread. Is there any way for a mod to lock this one, or how does that stuff work around here?

it'll be over when we find out why the pulled the DK MM's and if and when theyll be back out. you guys are the ones that keep using this thread instead of the Movie Masters thread(lol)

I know what u mean Tom. In the beguing there was all that..............heat generated in finding these precious must have figs.

But now with Mattel playing all these stupid lil games & people ready to comit class A felonies just to get them, & then finaly getting only 75% of what you looking for, well..............it just leave you kind of limp, you know "spent".

like take me for instance. I'm jus sitting here................jus lookin out of my window, watchin the asfault down below.............................thinking how we all must sadly die...............

keeping your head over water, makin a way when you can..................temporary lay-off, goodtimes...........easy craddle rip offs goodtimes................

scratchin & suriving............goodtimes.............hanging in a chowline, goodtimes.....................aint we lucky we gott'em...............................GOODTIMES YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAH.........................."its all part of the plan"

SQ-Your right this is the web and you're entitled to your opinion. On the internet voicing your opinion means being prepared to have your opinions critisized. That's the thing with the net most people don't agree with others opinions. I don't agree with what you say, and I believe you spread alot of negativity. And in 90% of your posts your throwing a sissy fit. Now I am sure your are frustrated about the Mattel situations but your beating a dead horse. Mattel has stated they switched vendors and things would be delayed. Now more MM are shipping ,there new 3 3/4 infinate heroes line is hitting retail ,and they said wave 3 will be here within a couple weeks. We could keep going but I believe it is best to just agree to disagree.

ok sorry to beat a dead horse- but i was looking over my packaged MM to see if i have a version 1 or version 2 - weel the figure looks very much like the first version before the recall- but what really wierd is there are no "air " holes anywhere on the package- can any one help?

Hay ya'll guess what I'm doing? I'm up under the hair dryer!! yup just waiting for my hair to dry & then i'll turn it green!!

any way, variant1 I got my MM Jokers on 5/01/08 so you can best believe that mine are wave 1. Now from what I've seen of wave 2, they have these "spearicules" (you know, like from high school biology class, what insects ues to breath thru) along the sides of the blister in the front.

wave1 only has one tiny hole made by what most like is some kinf of hole puncher. but the toy inside is pretty much the same.

hope that helps.

SQ-Your right this is the web and you're entitled to your opinion. On the internet voicing your opinion means being prepared to have your opinions critisized. That's the thing with the net most people don't agree with others opinions. I don't agree with what you say, and I believe you spread alot of negativity. And in 90% of your posts your throwing a sissy fit. Now I am sure your are frustrated about the Mattel situations but your beating a dead horse. Mattel has stated they switched vendors and things would be delayed. Now more MM are shipping ,there new 3 3/4 infinate heroes line is hitting retail ,and they said wave 3 will be here within a couple weeks. We could keep going but I believe it is best to just agree to disagree.

look GL. I live a very colorful life. & from the way your acting, you do not. So why not just transform back in to your alt mode of a 1950s vaccume tube having floor model tv, & leave the "HIGH DEFFINITON SUPREME LIFE STYLE" to the truly fabulus!

after all grand pa, we don't want you to get hurt on the dance floor of life.

Hay ya'll guess what I'm doing? I'm up under the hair dryer!! yup just waiting for my hair to dry & then i'll turn it green!!

any way, variant1 I got my MM Jokers on 5/01/08 so you can best believe that mine are wave 1. Now from what I've seen of wave 2, they have these "spearicules" (you know, like from high school biology class, what insects ues to breath thru) along the sides of the blister in the front.

wave1 only has one tiny hole made by what most like is some kinf of hole puncher. but the toy inside is pretty much the same.

hope that helps.

I nabbed a batman before the "recall" and i do see a hole punch on the backSo if there is no hole on the back of the pakage- i should look for some kind of vents on the side? this would detirmine whether i have version 1 or 2- ok this helps- thank you SQ

ANY WAY........................people I'm here to be a witness & tell you that once word of mouth spreads on how ..........................thats just it,. I still haven't found a word(s) to tell how incrediable TDK is! but if you thought finding the toys were hard or expensive now, then hold on to your wallets! Ledger was by far above & beyond THE SICKEST WACK JOB JOKER to date! so you can best believe his figure is about to shoot back thu the price roof again.

people, for the love of all that's holy, drop what your doing (or who your doing hehehe), & GO SEE THE DARK KNIGHT!!!!

ANY WAY........................people I'm here to be a witness & tell you that once word of mouth spreads on how ..........................thats just it,. I still haven't found a word(s) to tell how incrediable TDK is! but if you thought finding the toys were hard or expensive now, then hold on to your wallets! Ledger was by far above & beyond THE SICKEST WACK JOB JOKER to date! so you can best believe his figure is about to shoot back thu the price roof again.

people, for the love of all that's holy, drop what your doing (or who your doing hehehe), & GO SEE THE DARK KNIGHT!!!!

yes! the joker was the best ive EVER seen! this movie is the sh*t!