Movie Masters recalled?!

syd

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought the new Bat-Pod launching tumbler today at TRU for $27.99. And although the figure on the Bat-Pod isn't removable the only part of Bats that looks to be attached to the pod is his crotch.(The legs and hands arn't permanantly attached to it.) So I think there might be a way for a talented customizer to remove him if they were inclined to.

IMGP0577.jpg

I posted 20 Pics at POA here -

http://www.pointsofarticulation.com/phpBB2...e2b16fcc3d8b088

I don't know pooda. I think your logic is flawed on this one. just like the bastared scalper that's snatched up 10 cases Friday morning, how are we honest collectors supose to geta fair crack?

Like I can dig & understand the whole "early bird get the worm deal". when my ass is too lazy to get up at the crack of dawn & go toy hunting, then shame on me if I don't get any thing good. But when you watch some SOB walk out with a mountain of MMs, because he has the back stock room in his hip pocket, then you expect me to be a good sport about that SH*T!!!

THE HELL I AM! that inbreed slack jawed, splooge from a dog's wanker, idiot has no idea the powers he's trifeling with. I AM SUPREMEQUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *thunder & lighting rises to match my fury*

I don't know pooda. I think your logic is flawed on this one. just like the bastared scalper that's snatched up 10 cases Friday morning, how are we honest collectors supose to geta fair crack?

Like I can dig & understand the whole "early bird get the worm deal". when my ass is too lazy to get up at the crack of dawn & go toy hunting, then shame on me if I don't get any thing good. But when you watch some SOB walk out with a mountain of MMs, because he has the back stock room in his hip pocket, then you expect me to be a good sport about that SH*T!!!

THE HELL I AM! that inbreed slack jawed, splooge from a dog's wanker, idiot has no idea the powers he's trifeling with. I AM SUPREMEQUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *thunder & lighting rises to match my fury*

the problem with most collectors seems to be that they act as if they cant wait! i just got a dcsh man bat, i paid cost+shipping. you know why? i didnt feel like it was the end of the world. i love bats! i almost wish i was him(lol) but im not paying tripple the price for no fig! a scalper will never get my money! you ever watch the boondocks?...Huey said..." somethings only worth what someone else will give up for it" in other words....GOLD AINT WORTH SH*T IF NOBODY'S BUYIN' IT! i dont know QUEEN, think about it.

both of you have a point but supremequeen is right as far as i'm concerned if you have kid who is dying to have the movie master joker or whatever toy is really hot on the market and you can't find it cause scalpers are picking up each and every one off the shelf its a joke. stores don't care about scalpers because they make money on the sales online shops seem to have caught on and limit what you can buy at one time. its not just toys that scalpers grab look at game systems or video games like halo or wii fit how many people have trouble finding that when it comes out people who want to play the game or the system or in this case collect a toy for either yourself or your child, and you are cheated by some moron who wants to make a buck of collectors or parents who are trying to find what their kid wants. funny story my gf used to work at tru and would hook me up with some stuff i wanted but they had a guy come in buy bunches of wii stuff esp the wiimote she saw he was scalping it on ebay it had the tru sticker on it printed out the page and showed it to the manager they refused to sell anything to him again.

both of you have a point but supremequeen is right as far as i'm concerned if you have kid who is dying to have the movie master joker or whatever toy is really hot on the market and you can't find it cause scalpers are picking up each and every one off the shelf its a joke. stores don't care about scalpers because they make money on the sales online shops seem to have caught on and limit what you can buy at one time. its not just toys that scalpers grab look at game systems or video games like halo or wii fit how many people have trouble finding that when it comes out people who want to play the game or the system or in this case collect a toy for either yourself or your child, and you are cheated by some moron who wants to make a buck of collectors or parents who are trying to find what their kid wants. funny story my gf used to work at tru and would hook me up with some stuff i wanted but they had a guy come in buy bunches of wii stuff esp the wiimote she saw he was scalping it on ebay it had the tru sticker on it printed out the page and showed it to the manager they refused to sell anything to him again.

poor kids(really, i mean that! got 3 of my own) but that doesnt have anything to do with collectors. well it does..but still. a collector doesnt have to rush and buy anything, look at the MM this time around, plenty of scalpers bought all the figs they could find....but theres more! alot more! coming from the hospitial today, i decided to go to the walmart near by. guess what they had....MM figs( no chases) atleast 4 more cases! this is a sign,... take me for example...i paid cost+shipping for my MM's(thanx 2 cr0w) but thats all theyre worth to me. i wasnt going to go on ebay and pay tripple.

The recall is true. It is not just a rumor. I have been to my local walmart and the pegs where the movie masters were had stickers stating "quality recall". It was not an official recall, but a pulling from shelves of all of the Wave 1 figures. Secondly, The packaging is much different. Their are stickers covering the original ASST number as well as a new barcode. Third there are airholes in Wave 2 packages instead of a small hole in the back of the packaging. Fourth the makeup around the eyes are a little lighter in the Wave 2. I am not a scalper, I just bought a few (3, one to sell, one for me, and one for my brother) when they first came out, and once I heard about the recall, I thought I would be able to pay off credit card bills. The Wave 2 are also sold out, but I was able to find a decent amount, and when selling them I have tried to keep the price reasonable. 40-45 dollars shipping included. If people can find them in stores horray!!! If not sorry that the price went up. I hate to write all of this and then plug an ebay listing, but I have pictures of the differences between Wave 1 and Wave 2, but I can't post them here. I am not asking you to bid, but if you want to take a look and stop bickering about what is true and a rumor please do so. Thanks for your information and you posts on this site. It is very informative.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110268617756

"Dirty scalpers............collectors in disguise...............dirty scalpers, more than meets the eye..............We collectors rage our battle to distroy the evil forces of.....................SH*T BAG SCALPERS!..................Dirty scalpers..............collectors in disguise................DIRTY SCALPERS!!!

Dude you don't fool me I know what you are.

Thanks for the warm reception. I was trying to help you all out with pictures of Wave 1 and Wave 2.

I would love to just be a collector. I really would. I don't work at wal mart in the toy dept. or Toys r us. I have bills to pay. I would have loved to have gone to a store picked up my favorite figure and enjoy it. But right now with 2 kids and being unemployed I can't afford it. I guess if you have the money to buy all of these toys you must be rich. Good for you. I am not. If I have to sell action figures I to get by I will. And if Being RUDE and Abnoxious to someone who is just trying to show you pictures of a figure then I don't want to be a collector. I'll be a dirty scalper. Thank you.

The recall is true. It is not just a rumor. I have been to my local walmart and the pegs where the movie masters were had stickers stating "quality recall". It was not an official recall, but a pulling from shelves of all of the Wave 1 figures. Secondly, The packaging is much different. Their are stickers covering the original ASST number as well as a new barcode. Third there are airholes in Wave 2 packages instead of a small hole in the back of the packaging. Fourth the makeup around the eyes are a little lighter in the Wave 2. I am not a scalper, I just bought a few (3, one to sell, one for me, and one for my brother) when they first came out, and once I heard about the recall, I thought I would be able to pay off credit card bills. The Wave 2 are also sold out, but I was able to find a decent amount, and when selling them I have tried to keep the price reasonable. 40-45 dollars shipping included. If people can find them in stores horray!!! If not sorry that the price went up. I hate to write all of this and then plug an ebay listing, but I have pictures of the differences between Wave 1 and Wave 2, but I can't post them here. I am not asking you to bid, but if you want to take a look and stop bickering about what is true and a rumor please do so. Thanks for your information and you posts on this site. It is very informative.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110268617756

"Dirty scalpers............collectors in disguise...............dirty scalpers, more than meets the eye..............We collectors rage our battle to distroy the evil forces of.....................SH*T BAG SCALPERS!..................Dirty scalpers..............collectors in disguise................DIRTY SCALPERS!!!

Dude you don't fool me I know what you are.

Thanks for the warm reception. I was trying to help you all out with pictures of Wave 1 and Wave 2.

I would love to just be a collector. I really would. I don't work at wal mart in the toy dept. or Toys r us. I have bills to pay. I would have loved to have gone to a store picked up my favorite figure and enjoy it. But right now with 2 kids and being unemployed I can't afford it. I guess if you have the money to buy all of these toys you must be rich. Good for you. I am not. If I have to sell action figures I to get by I will. And if Being RUDE and Abnoxious to someone who is just trying to show you pictures of a figure then I don't want to be a collector. I'll be a dirty scalper. Thank you.

i dont hve a problem with you( u never said i did) but dude, you just opened up a door that might not close.....let me explain. see, when you have a scalper that admits to it, then, thats one thing( he makes it clear what he is) but youre about to hear all types of stuff about you need to get a job or you dont own a comic shop or something. when i first came to this board, i was called a scalper( ill post why at the bottom) and then, because i was selling deadpool and hawkeye for 6.00 each, i was a scammer.(tell you why at the bottom) most of us are decent guys....i dont think that youre a scalper, i think youre doing what has probally crossed everybody who bought a jokers' mind....the recall + lack of availability + the fact that every damned joker in the wold has showed up on ebay= a bad taste in the mouth of every collector that likes these figs.

okay look at this: Darksquee(who turned out to be a scammer on the fwoosh)said this:

Dude, whoever you are, just knock this out. The prices that you've posted for your MOC figures are ****ing ludicrous. I've bought ML figures that were MOC for HALF of what you're asking for them. Also, the prices for your opened figures (only $6.00 for Deadpool & Hawkeye? HA!) is so ridiculously undercut that ANYONE who reads this is going to think that you're scamming.

So either knock of your little scam, or learn to price properly. Seriously *end*

this is from dominick0221(who wanted something for nothing):

Don't deal with this guy ,first I was trying to buy a few figures and we settled on a price then the next thing he changes prices.And he has DeadPool for $6? Scammer? I don't know I'm just letting everyone know to be careful with this guy. *end*

thats why i always let things slide off of me.....everybodys got an opinion...... but i warn you..be a scalper on a board full of collectors is like jumping in the shark tank when youre bleedng!

ok refilled. its true the economy is a steaming pile of poop right now & yes if kids are involved people are gonna do what ever the hell it takes................................that is if kids REALY are involved.

Don't think for one instance that I fall for a violin sob story. also is you truly do have kids then yeah, pooda was right when he said people are gonna tell you to get a job. attempting to suport kids on a market as fickle as the toy market is NUTS!! But like I said, I've heard scaplers say what ever it takes to pull on the hart strings of some sap just to have their feindish way with all thoes yummy yummy toys!

Now, Pooda! you said "its only worth what people are willing to pay for it" & that you've never paid scalper prices, right? Ok now you also have stated that you don't work either, right?

which leaves you with infinant time & possiably to shop for toys from sun up to sun down, now am I right or am I wrong? But even still, think about all thoes toys you'll never have because you refuse to pay scalper prices. my bed room is approx 15'X15'. & every square inch is taken up with wall to wall MOC action figure!

I just won MOC DCD variant Swamp Thing for a meassly $21 plus s&h. my max bid was $50 & believe me I was more than willing to make good on it!

Bottem line as I see it: scalpers make it bad for every one. they often leave us with only two options. A) pay their outrageious price or B) live with out the toy.

choose well my friends.

ok refilled. its true the economy is a steaming pile of poop right now & yes if kids are involved people are gonna do what ever the hell it takes................................that is if kids REALY are involved.

Don't think for one instance that I fall for a violin sob story. also is you truly do have kids then yeah, pooda was right when he said people are gonna tell you to get a job. attempting to suport kids on a market as fickle as the toy market is NUTS!! But like I said, I've heard scaplers say what ever it takes to pull on the hart strings of some sap just to have their feindish way with all thoes yummy yummy toys!

Now, Pooda! you said "its only worth what people are willing to pay for it" & that you've never paid scalper prices, right? Ok now you also have stated that you don't work either, right?

which leaves you with infinant time & possiably to shop for toys from sun up to sun down, now am I right or am I wrong? But even still, think about all thoes toys you'll never have because you refuse to pay scalper prices. my bed room is approx 15'X15'. & every square inch is taken up with wall to wall MOC action figure!

I just won MOC DCD variant Swamp Thing for a meassly $21 plus s&h. my max bid was $50 & believe me I was more than willing to make good on it!

Bottem line as I see it: scalpers make it bad for every one. they often leave us with only two options. A) pay their outrageious price or B) live with out the toy.

choose well my friends.

thank you SURPREME QUEEN for making me into a bum.(LOL, LOL, LMAO!) but you are correct when you say i dont work. i dont just sit around and do nothing either. i make money( got to, i got 3 kids...and no i dont scalp) thats how i buy all my figs and pooda's figs(my son), bre-bre's dolls and arie's fisher price crap.i do understand when something is so limited that you have to pay second hand prices. i wiil when needed(only if it is something that cant be tracked down) but i can live without the toy if it means i gotta pay some chumps car note.

choose well my friends.

Yeah I understand the whole not wanting to be fooled by a sob story. And I understand that it is like jumping into a shark tank while bleeding, but I really did have good intentions. I really just wanted to show everyone what the differences were. That was the only way I knew how to do it because I couldn't upload pics to this site. I would have just done that and left the whole ebay thing out. I am in college right now on the GI Bill which pays for just about nothing, so any extra money helps, but that was never my intention when I bought these figures.

I really hope someone would have just taken the pics I posted on ebay and put them on the tread to show everyone. That's about it. I appreciate that many collectors are civil. I would be upset if someone bought 10 cases of these things. I traveled to 5 walmarts throughout the state just to find some for my brother and myself before they re released them.

Refilled it doesn't matter buy them all and sell them for what you can get man. I have 2 kids and when it gets to that point,you better believe I will do the same thing,especially when gas reaches 6 bucks. More power to you my friend. If I find 5 Jokers I would offer 2 here and sell the rest on the bay and make a ton. That could help me with my toy budget,wich in turn will free up my normal income. #$## what they say,it's your life and everybodies a badass with a big mouth behind a computer. Do your thing man. Thanks for the pics.

choose well my friends.

Yeah I understand the whole not wanting to be fooled by a sob story. And I understand that it is like jumping into a shark tank while bleeding, but I really did have good intentions. I really just wanted to show everyone what the differences were. That was the only way I knew how to do it because I couldn't upload pics to this site. I would have just done that and left the whole ebay thing out. I am in college right now on the GI Bill which pays for just about nothing, so any extra money helps, but that was never my intention when I bought these figures.

I really hope someone would have just taken the pics I posted on ebay and put them on the tread to show everyone. That's about it. I appreciate that many collectors are civil. I would be upset if someone bought 10 cases of these things. I traveled to 5 walmarts throughout the state just to find some for my brother and myself before they re released them.

i didnt mean that i feel like you were bait, i was just saying... beware!

Yeah! I am a kid you has just turned old enough to register to these forums 2 days ago. I've been looking for TDK Batman and Joker, and I cant find them any where! Even the manager at my local TRU came out to me and he said that they were told to pull them off the shelves a month ago. Now I dont see any at Target, Kmart, Walmart, or TRU! Kmart has a 3 pack with TDK Batman joker and scarecrow, but its from the 5" line, and its advertised as the movie masters! So that ticked me off! I live north of Philadelphia in PA. Has anyone seen them in stores and will wave 1 come back to stores? When will wave 2 come out?

Yeah! I am a kid you has just turned old enough to register to these forums 2 days ago. I've been looking for TDK Batman and Joker, and I cant find them any where! Even the manager at my local TRU came out to me and he said that they were told to pull them off the shelves a month ago. Now I dont see any at Target, Kmart, Walmart, or TRU! Kmart has a 3 pack with TDK Batman joker and scarecrow, but its from the 5" line, and its advertised as the movie masters! So that ticked me off! I live north of Philadelphia in PA. Has anyone seen them in stores and will wave 1 come back to stores? When will wave 2 come out?

wave 2 is what weve been talking about. theyve been out in between 7-14 days. a board member got mine for me.

hello yodaman & welcome. a couple of tid bits of wisdom seeing as how your new to this whole forum thing. 1). NEVER put it out there in the open that your barly legal, don't think for one second that pervs don't troll toy fourm like these looking to pray on young boys (or girl, sorry I'm to lazy to check your profile).

2). seeing as how you are so young it might be a good idea to keep exactly where you live to your self. Pervs have lots of tricks to get info. For instance they even join toy fourms pretending to be unsuspecting young boys *clears throat*.

Not that I'm doubting your word, just a lil friendly advice. Once again welcome!

hello yodaman & welcome. a couple of tid bits of wisdom seeing as how your new to this whole forum thing. 1). NEVER put it out there in the open that your barly legal, don't think for one second that pervs don't troll toy fourm like these looking to pray on young boys (or girl, sorry I'm to lazy to check your profile).

2). seeing as how you are so young it might be a good idea to keep exactly where you live to your self. Pervs have lots of tricks to get info. For instance they even join toy fourms pretending to be unsuspecting young boys *clears throat*.

Not that I'm doubting your word, just a lil friendly advice. Once again welcome!

plus...adults have worries about trading/selling to minors. (we still wanna have you around though)

Refilled it doesn't matter buy them all and sell them for what you can get man. I have 2 kids and when it gets to that point,you better believe I will do the same thing,especially when gas reaches 6 bucks. More power to you my friend. If I find 5 Jokers I would offer 2 here and sell the rest on the bay and make a ton. That could help me with my toy budget,wich in turn will free up my normal income. #$## what they say,it's your life and everybodies a badass with a big mouth behind a computer. Do your thing man. Thanks for the pics.

GL I've never heard you speak with such a "getto hostile" tone before. I can't help but observe that your syntax has become very simmilar to another forum member (i won't say who), but still it begs to question just who is the real Green Lantern???

Any who......................scalper or honest collector, I can't help but make note of another observation.

& that would be, if your in a family situation then you might want to practice a bit more discreation when buying toys. If your habit is getting in the way of providing for you family, education, job, or establishing the pervbal "nest egg" for your family, then i'd say its time to take a good long break!

& leave the market to truly supreme queens like me (who's love making does NOT result in off spring, thus creating the BIGGEST PERK of being g-a-y) DISPOSABLE CASH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO YEAH BABY!!!

So move over Mr & Ms mini van.........................because there a high performance Lotus bareing down on you.

GL I've never heard you speak with such a "getto hostile" tone before. I can't help but observe that your syntax has become very simmilar to another forum member (i won't say who), but still it begs to question just who is the real Green Lantern???

Any who......................scalper or honest collector, I can't help but make note of another observation.

& that would be, if your in a family situation then you might want to practice a bit more discreation when buying toys. If your habit is getting in the way of providing for you family, education, job, or establishing the pervbal "nest egg" for your family, then i'd say its time to take a good long break!

& leave the market to truly supreme queens like me (who's love making does NOT result in off spring, thus creating the BIGGEST PERK of being g-a-y) DISPOSABLE CASH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO YEAH BABY!!!

So move over Mr & Ms mini van.........................because there a high performance Lotus bareing down on you.

well....you gotta do what you gotta do. im no scalper, but if a guy offered you 200.00 bucks for your joker.....i think most would atleast consider it.

I just bought the new Bat-Pod launching tumbler today at TRU for $27.99. And although the figure on the Bat-Pod isn't removable the only part of Bats that looks to be attached to the pod is his crotch.(The legs and hands arn't permanantly attached to it.) So I think there might be a way for a talented customizer to remove him if they were inclined to.

IMGP0577.jpg

I posted 20 Pics at POA here -

http://www.pointsofarticulation.com/phpBB2...e2b16fcc3d8b088

i might have to buy one of those.

Because I get pissed when I see people tell another collector what's right and what's wrong. And all I ever see you do is give people a hard time our throw little #$#@# fits,about what you believe and the way you believe things should be. He can have it both ways,provide for his family and collect. If some ##$%$# is willing to pay $100 plus for a Joker than that's there stupidity. I don't know who you think I am but if you like please reveal this other persona you believe I have. If it pisses you of so much(scalping), you would have went over to the guy with 10 cases of MM and and told him off. Instead you jump on a guy here who bought a couple and give him a hard time. I had to drive 2hrs away at some points in collecting DCSH, and got up at the crack of dawn for 4 weeks to be at Wal-Marts front doors at 5am to get the Mongul wave. It all paid off, I found four Mongul cases and purchased every Mongul they had,I didn't ebay any of them I kept them and still have them to this day. He put in the effort,he found the figures, and it's his right to do whatever he wants with said figures. Like I said Refill do your thing,but if you come across a couple you can spare,then trade them for other things you might need. Also it's actually ghetto.

Because I get pissed when I see people tell another collector what's right and what's wrong. And all I ever see you do is give people a hard time our throw little #$#@# fits,about what you believe and the way you believe things should be. He can have it both ways,provide for his family and collect. If some ##$%$# is willing to pay $100 plus for a Joker than that's there stupidity. I don't know who you think I am but if you like please reveal this other persona you believe I have. If it pisses you of so much(scalping), you would have went over to the guy with 10 cases of MM and and told him off. Instead you jump on a guy here who bought a couple and give him a hard time. I had to drive 2hrs away at some points in collecting DCSH, and got up at the crack of dawn for 4 weeks to be at Wal-Marts front doors at 5am to get the Mongul wave. It all paid off, I found four Mongul cases and purchased every Mongul they had,I didn't ebay any of them I kept them and still have them to this day. He put in the effort,he found the figures, and it's his right to do whatever he wants with said figures. Like I said Refill do your thing,but if you come across a couple you can spare,then trade them for other things you might need. Also it's actually ghetto.

50281282.JPG

well GL, just like that long ass rant you just went on, you can do that. you can disagree with my opinion as much as you like, why is that?

Because this is the WORLD WIDE WEB!!! this is where people from all over the world come to express their opinion. OPINION GL OPINION! & its my opinion that no person should have the right to monopilize the market. Correct me if I'm wrong but even federal courts control said monoply right?

well I mean on a corperate level, I'm sure fed courts have lil to no consern about what goes on in the private collector market, but the principal is still the same.

So you can hate my opinion all you like. & ill tell you what I tell all people who have a problem about other with differant opinions than theirs........................get off the net. see its just that simple. problem solved. & then you won't be bothered by all my pesky, Ummm, what was it you called it? some kind of fit or some such nonsence.

Or maby there's a Nazi fourm some where, where speach & opinion is strickly controlled. & SUPREMEQUEEN like me are forced to remain silent. yeah I'm sure that's your kind of fourm. you know where every thing is desent & in order. is that to you liking prudance oops I mean Green Lanturn?