Movie Masters recalled?!

syd

just recieved my first 2 jokers wave 1 (1 was meant to be Variant)

date stamp on back of package is 0638NO.......

can anyone else comment on date stamp on package.....if there is no change to joker but only to the packaging (air vents) this will also be key to defining wave 1 from 2.

also no variant just the head and open hand is in different position.....kinda spooky because when you look at the package the joker is looking straight up at you, instead of the side on view......will try and get photos

also i will be keeping some batmans, jokers and thugs in the US, so i will look at trading soon once i confirm my stock.......and exactly what thugs i have there (here for most of you). i know that i have 4 different thugs and another 3 repeats, so i would like to get the complete set, the other thug and chase batman and have it kept in the US.......but i'll confirm later.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just recieved my first 2 jokers wave 1 (1 was meant to be Variant)

date stamp on back of package is 0638NO.......

can anyone else comment on date stamp on package.....if there is no change to joker but only to the packaging (air vents) this will also be key to defining wave 1 from 2.

also no variant just the head and open hand is in different position.....kinda spooky because when you look at the package the joker is looking straight up at you, instead of the side on view......will try and get photos

also i will be keeping some batmans, jokers and thugs in the US, so i will look at trading soon once i confirm my stock.......and exactly what thugs i have there (here for most of you). i know that i have 4 different thugs and another 3 repeats, so i would like to get the complete set, the other thug and chase batman and have it kept in the US.......but i'll confirm later.

If you have any extra thugs, I'd be happy to trade for my scarecrows or cash :). PM me if anything.

These figures were not recalled. To let you know I just purchased (today is 7-11-08) a Batman begins movie masters figure, a Scarecrow figure and the Heath Ledger Joker figure all with evidence bag. So stop trying to create rumors to up the price of these figures. These figures should only be going for $11.47 + tax. I will not pay $50.00 just because some ebayer's working at wal-mart or toys r us and getting first dibs on these figures. Which makes these figures hard to get and unattainable for the real collectors to obtain. So stop paying $50.00 plus for a $12.00 figure.

These figures were not recalled. To let you know I just purchased (today is 7-11-08) a Batman begins movie masters figure, a Scarecrow figure and the Heath Ledger Joker figure all with evidence bag. So stop trying to create rumors to up the price of these figures. These figures should only be going for $11.47 + tax. I will not pay $50.00 just because some ebayer's working at wal-mart or toys r us and getting first dibs on these figures. Which makes these figures hard to get and unattainable for the real collectors to obtain. So stop paying $50.00 plus for a $12.00 figure.

The recalled rumor is a bit old. Alot of us already have purchased figures at WM and know there is no official recall.

And yes, we ALL hate paying scalper's that extra cash :(. I've only paid the premium twice for chase figures. $100+ for a joker..geez. That's insane.

The recalled rumor is a bit old. Alot of us already have purchased figures at WM and know there is no official recall.

And yes, we ALL hate paying scalper's that extra cash :(. I've only paid the premium twice for chase figures. $100+ for a joker..geez. That's insane.

Don't be caddy!

Don't be caddy!

What the heck does that mean? lol

picked up my shipment of 2 jokers(1st version) and 2 thugs today at walmart's ship to store Taylor MI- but they yet to have any on the pegs, looking for one more batman and 2 scarecrows- i just plain given up on getting the chase figures- but who knows? i never thought i would get any jokers-- BTW, if you take a look at ebay you can see the price of the MM are drastically reclining- what was going for $100 is now going for $30- $50, maybe we finally won one-

And yes, we ALL hate paying scalper's that extra cash :( . I've only paid the premium twice for chase figures. $100+ for a joker..geez. That's insane.

Don't be caddy!

What the heck does that mean? lol

funny thing is...i dont know who he was talking to? but the last part is true, dont pay scalper prices!

The next movie master they need to make should be ducard/ ra's al ghul and some league of shadows warriors just like the gotham thug.

Those would be really cool, and I also want a commision Gordon, 2-Face, and Alfred

The next movie master they need to make should be ducard/ ra's al ghul and some league of shadows warriors just like the gotham thug.

Those would be really cool, and I also want a commision Gordon, 2-Face, and Alfred

they need keaton and nicholson MM figs

that would be cool they could make old movie figure like tommy lee jones two-face, o'donnel robin/nightwing, and how bout bob the goon haha divito penguin would be nice and creepy. how bout a two pack of adam west and burt ward from the old old days of batman.

The recall is true. It is not just a rumor. I have been to my local walmart and the pegs where the movie masters were had stickers stating "quality recall". It was not an official recall, but a pulling from shelves of all of the Wave 1 figures. Secondly, The packaging is much different. Their are stickers covering the original ASST number as well as a new barcode. Third there are airholes in Wave 2 packages instead of a small hole in the back of the packaging. Fourth the makeup around the eyes are a little lighter in the Wave 2. I am not a scalper, I just bought a few (3, one to sell, one for me, and one for my brother) when they first came out, and once I heard about the recall, I thought I would be able to pay off credit card bills. The Wave 2 are also sold out, but I was able to find a decent amount, and when selling them I have tried to keep the price reasonable. 40-45 dollars shipping included. If people can find them in stores horray!!! If not sorry that the price went up. I hate to write all of this and then plug an ebay listing, but I have pictures of the differences between Wave 1 and Wave 2, but I can't post them here. I am not asking you to bid, but if you want to take a look and stop bickering about what is true and a rumor please do so. Thanks for your information and you posts on this site. It is very informative.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110268617756

The recall is true. It is not just a rumor. I have been to my local walmart and the pegs where the movie masters were had stickers stating "quality recall". It was not an official recall, but a pulling from shelves of all of the Wave 1 figures. Secondly, The packaging is much different. Their are stickers covering the original ASST number as well as a new barcode. Third there are airholes in Wave 2 packages instead of a small hole in the back of the packaging. Fourth the makeup around the eyes are a little lighter in the Wave 2. I am not a scalper, I just bought a few (3, one to sell, one for me, and one for my brother) when they first came out, and once I heard about the recall, I thought I would be able to pay off credit card bills. The Wave 2 are also sold out, but I was able to find a decent amount, and when selling them I have tried to keep the price reasonable. 40-45 dollars shipping included. If people can find them in stores horray!!! If not sorry that the price went up. I hate to write all of this and then plug an ebay listing, but I have pictures of the differences between Wave 1 and Wave 2, but I can't post them here. I am not asking you to bid, but if you want to take a look and stop bickering about what is true and a rumor please do so. Thanks for your information and you posts on this site. It is very informative.

ive seen both jokers in person, and they look the same to me.

ive seen both jokers in person, and they look the same to me.

I know the facial features have a subtle difference. Meaning not that much. But the packaging is drastically different. All of the Wave 2 have this new packaging. So I really don't know what the deal was with the packaging that made Mattel issue an unofficial "quality recall"

Would anyone be willing to send me a MM Joker (I don't care which wave) for face value plus shipping to OH U.S.? I'm really getting sick of not having one. As excited as I am about TDK movie it also sucks when something you love catches the mainstream's ever-shortening attention. And by "mainstream" I mean eBay slobs.

i'm sacrificing sleep to go out and find these darned things today. the ones that i need are fear toxin bats and batman begins bats. and maybe an extra scarecrow.

bert, i'll see what i can do if i find a joker.

"Dirty scalpers............collectors in disguise...............dirty scalpers, more than meets the eye..............We collectors rage our battle to distroy the evil forces of.....................SH*T BAG SCALPERS!..................Dirty scalpers..............collectors in disguise................DIRTY SCALPERS!!!

Dude you don't fool me I know what you are.

Dirty scalper.

i'm not too sure but why would a collector admit to buying 3 figs to sell 1 for profit. i myself collect only what has value to me not to others i buy things from my childhood and hang them up on my wall i have given extras to friends i have a ml marvel girl that i picked up for a friend that i will let him have at no cost because i have known him since we were kids (not selling). but thats only me

i'm not too sure but why would a collector admit to buying 3 figs to sell 1 for profit. i myself collect only what has value to me not to others i buy things from my childhood and hang them up on my wall i have given extras to friends i have a ml marvel girl that i picked up for a friend that i will let him have at no cost because i have known him since we were kids (not selling). but thats only me

dont get mad at the scalper, get mad at the scalpee! its like anything else in the world, take away drug users, you get rid of dealers. you stop paying super high prices, they cant charge super high prices.

I say more power to you man, if you can get that much gofor it. If I would have found a few jokers when they were going for 120.00 I would have opened an ebay acoount as soon as I got home with them. I could have bought a bunch of toys for the money I would have made.

dont get mad at the scalper, get mad at the scalpee! its like anything else in the world, take away drug users, you get rid of dealers. you stop paying super high prices, they cant charge super high prices.

I have to respectfully disagree. If you have no supply, there is no way someone can use the product. If you have a bunch of people who want to smoke crack rock but there ain't nothing to smoke, there won't be any crack smokers there cause there is no crack.

If the scalper doesn't grab the items, the would be scalpee has a better chance at getting the product for retail price.

Nothing wrong with charging an extra $5-$10 for gas and time but hell...$40-$110 is way too much.