Movie Masters recalled?!

syd

Hi,

I'm a newbie from the UK who has purchased a mm joker from ebay. This may immediatly make me unpopular, especially as I paid

$116 for it, but there aren't many original mm jokers out there and there are a few diffences with the new shipment beside the pose.

The new joker's face is less white, obvious pink wrinkles on forehead, the eyes appear to be less menacing and more 'surprised'. The smile

has now been painted neater and the left hand holding the knife (along with the knife itself) also appears to be different.

A friend who has also purchased a joker from ebay informed me about pics of the second mm joker on superherohype , so you'll be able to

see the differences yourself if you decide to check it out.

I have no regrets purchasing from a scalper, i think that's what most of those who want an original mm figure will unfortunately have to resort to.

Thanks for reading....tis pretty long.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm a newbie from the UK who has purchased a mm joker from ebay. This may immediatly make me unpopular, especially as I paid

$116 for it, but there aren't many original mm jokers out there and there are a few diffences with the new shipment beside the pose.

The new joker's face is less white, obvious pink wrinkles on forehead, the eyes appear to be less menacing and more 'surprised'. The smile

has now been painted neater and the left hand holding the knife (along with the knife itself) also appears to be different.

A friend who has also purchased a joker from ebay informed me about pics of the second mm joker on superherohype , so you'll be able to

see the differences yourself if you decide to check it out.

I have no regrets purchasing from a scalper, i think that's what most of those who want an original mm figure will unfortunately have to resort to.

Thanks for reading....tis pretty long.

1st Hi, & welcome!!! & thanks for all that great information detailing the differances in the MMs. & 2nd, NO your not on my "unpopular list". As a matter of fact I don't even have such a list. IMO children engage in that kind of behavor, you know making clicks & social circules either in person or on line.

I'm as bout as easy breezy as a person can get. when I log on I'm hopeing to meet person(s) like your self with common intrest. & 3rd, hay man I feel your pain about having to deal with scalpers. even if they don't admit it, I'm will to bet that all of us have at one point or another have been strong armed by a dirty scalper.

That's why we hate them so much. But yeah, do what you gotta do. when all is said & done & your about to "give up the ghost" & croak, the last thing you want is a bunch of regreats hanging over your head. So do you boo *wink*!

Thanks for the warm and reassuring welcome supreme queen! Hope you had a good birthday! Did you get any figures? :-)

It's a pain the first mm wave isn't being released over here in uk, but us lot should be used it. The movie isnt released here until 24th @grumpy@

Will definitely be pre ordering scarecrow, he looks fantastic - and for the record i don't boo...... i much prefer to wail like the banshee :^)

OUCH!

That has to hurt, I can barely wait until the 18th!!!!!

By the 24th I should be on my fifth viewing at least ;)

@smilepunch@ You're rubbing salt in the wound! I'm going to have to stay clear of any batman related forums until the 24...you'll all be raving about it and i'll be

turning green with envy!

OUCH!

That has to hurt, I can barely wait until the 18th!!!!!

By the 24th I should be on my fifth viewing at least ;)

@smilepunch@ You're rubbing salt in the wound! I'm going to have to stay clear of any batman related forums until the 24...you'll all be raving about it and i'll be

turning green with envy!

That is going to require super-human self control! I haven't been able to avoid all the clips and trailers so far, I can't imagine having to go on an internet black-out for a week!

We'll miss you after the 18th and look forward to your return on the 24th so we can all blab like crazed fans! :D

Haha yup, lucky you. But not all of us had that luck. I'm a n00b around here and not really able to consider myself a "toy collector" but the word of these even existing got around to me much too late...

keep in contact......if its coming, we'll know. how long have you been collecting? i myself jut started about 10 years ago but, ive been playing with toys my whole life.....i was just buying them, then throwing them in a box....but now,..WATCH OUT!!!(LOL)

Sorry, pooda, missed this post! Thanks for the welcome, yeah same with me with toys pretty much, not much of a collector, but can't resist the MM's or Neca's Turtles. I like to customize more than anything.

So, anyone get ahold of th epics of this "new" Joker?

[quote name='acethebathound' date='Jul 6 2008, 07:09 PM' post='16477943'

That is going to require super-human self control! I haven't been able to avoid all the clips and trailers so far, I can't imagine having to go on an internet black-out for a week!

We'll miss you after the 18th and look forward to your return on the 24th so we can all blab like crazed fans! :D

Lol....thanks ace, wish i could blab at the same time as you lot. Have a tub of pop-corn for me! Always get through the stuff by the time the trailers have finished.

Do you, or anyone else, happen to own a stealth launch batmobile? I'm finding them hard to come across and wondering if they were also discontinued?

i am so glad you posted the pics of the diff. versions i recently found 2 of the first joker at wally but was not sure what the diffrent versions looked like. I was allso wondering if there was a diff. in the back card art on the second version?

see its kind of confusing i found him with the scarcrow and "scary batman" but he does not have the wrinkels on his forehead and he has the cut up his cheek now something else that is odd is one of them the knife is turned pointing backward and the other the tip is pointed toward him ill see if i can get some decient pics and post the.

i nabbed these from an older thread on fwoosh:

regular

ix9fm1.jpg

second release

2a78u46.jpg

AH HA!!! I KNEW IT!!! SYD YOU ARE THE MAN BUDDY. thanks for posting these realy great close up pics of the two MM Jokers. That right people, I knew all that talk about "just hold on more is on the way" & "dont worrie the market will be flooded after the movie opens", was a bunch of bunk!

It is confirmed. 2nd wave will NOT be the same as wave1. & you all know what that means. that's right, figs that were hard to come by when released on 5/01/08 & initialy sold for approx $40-50, & after the recall they shot up too over $150-$200 each.

People imagine what they'll go for once word spreads abroad that wave1's mold has been now & for ever retired! So my advise is if you've been on the fence about paying scalpers prices for wave1, then get them now bc its only gonna get worse.

aint life a b**ch.

man!...im glad i got the 1st version!

Amen pooda, I 2nd that. don't get me wrong, the 2nd version is still very cool, but the 1st IMO is darker & more sadistic looking. kinda like the Joker is about to slit some ones throat.

know what I was just thinking? I don't think DC has had a 6" fig become this valuable sence Cyborg Superman.

I dunno, is it really all that different? Not to harp on those of you who got it already, congrats to you, but it looks like the mold is barely different and the mouth just had a little extra paint first time around. If you look closely in the 2nd pic you can still see the slit of his mouth goes up the side of his face...

spoke to a local walmart associate in virginia. the associate told me one of the mattel guys came and took all the toys back, due to the "scariness" of the look on joker. now i'm in no luck, any body have a spare one for sale? haha

Do you, or anyone else, happen to own a stealth launch batmobile? I'm finding them hard to come across and wondering if they were also discontinued?

I have mine on reserve at Toys R Us - they won't release it until the 18th

But I was on a road trip this last weekend and a Walmart I stopped in had a ton of them - they do look very nice and they are huge! Looking forward to getting mine (as soon as I walk out of the theatre on the 18th ;) ) and I'll post pics when I do!

(as soon as I walk out of the theatre on the 18th ;)

Ouch...more salt! @grumpy@ Glad to hear they're easier to get hold of - now i won't have to resort to purchasing from scalper again, or gaze lovingly at my monitor when

you post the pics (though there's a very good chance i'll be doing that anyway until i get one of my very own) ;)

(as soon as I walk out of the theatre on the 18th ;)

Ouch...more salt! @grumpy@ Glad to hear they're easier to get hold of - now i won't have to resort to purchasing from scalper again, or gaze lovingly at my monitor when

you post the pics (though there's a very good chance i'll be doing that anyway until i get one of my very own) ;)

Yes I am sure you will have no problem finding it (although you may have to wait a little longer) - And for future reference, don't do anything crazy (re: scalper feeding) until you consult with your new friends here - if I can help you in the future getting things for cost/shipping or make a fair trade etc. then I'll be glad to. I know there are a lot of other folks who feel the same too!

All of us nutty toy guys gotta stick together!

I've been on vacation for the past few days and wanted to post my findings. Movie Masters are starting to show back up. I found a Joker from the first wave and the Batman Begins Batman from the second wave. Found these at Wal-mart and had no problem buying them. I guess the "recall" is over. Sorry if this has already been posted. I just got home and haven't had time to look through the board.

I've been on vacation for the past few days and wanted to post my findings. Movie Masters are starting to show back up. I found a Joker from the first wave and the Batman Begins Batman from the second wave. Found these at Wal-mart and had no problem buying them. I guess the "recall" is over. Sorry if this has already been posted. I just got home and haven't had time to look through the board.

Joker is in the second wave as well. The case breakdown is -

2X Batman (Begins costume)

1X Scarecrow (Straight jacket)

1X Joker

There's also supposed to be the chase Begins Batman with the deamon head from the fear toxin, but I guess he's replacing one of the 2 Batman figures in certain cases.