Movie Masters recalled?!

syd

Has anyone actually called Mattel's land line about this? I can't seem to find a number or an e-mail. Asking them directly whether or not we'll ever see these again might help...

The only number I've ever called is the 800 number, 1-800-524-8697. Try that and see if they give you a decent answer.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you guys checked out ebay's listings for MM lately? Many of the Buy it Now's range form $150-$200 each!!

This one guy last night had a listing for two Jokers stateing their faces were some how variants. He sold them for $350.00!!!! I'm like WTF, imagine what the markets gonna look like after the movies opens.

I Just hope it doesn't suck donky balls, that would kill everything. Oh yeah, most of thoes ebay listing have in bold print "PULLED FORM SHELVES". so there makeing it VERY clear that MM are not available in stores, & twist the arm of the collector to deal with there scalper prices.............................dirty bastards.

Yeah, man, they're making it clear, but that's what scalpers do, try to exploit something for as long as possible. None of them have any knowledge of if they'll ever be back. They're just trying to sell the prices they can while they can, because if tomorrow a new shipment magically appeared across the country, they'd be screwed. They're bastards, regardless...

Haha yup, lucky you. But not all of us had that luck. I'm a n00b around here and not really able to consider myself a "toy collector" but the word of these even existing got around to me much too late...

keep in contact......if its coming, we'll know. how long have you been collecting? i myself jut started about 10 years ago but, ive been playing with toys my whole life.....i was just buying them, then throwing them in a box....but now,..WATCH OUT!!!(LOL)

hi all, newbie here....

just came across this site and forum trying to find out more info on the MM's.

To introduce myself more....i bought the 2 jokers listed for $us350.....but only paid $us280....and i'm happy with that.

living in OZ, we didn't even see these figures on the shelves to be taken off and if they were they would have been $us40-45. our exchange rate is currently our $1 buys $0.95 of yours......6 years ago that exchange rate was our $1 bought $0.50 of yours....so buying in bulk at the right price can be very cost effective done right. so landed in OZ, each figure of these figures cost me $us155......

the word down here is that yes, mattel is unhappy with a chemical (maybe lead) so they have withdrawn it from the shelves not recalled by there definition but the rumours are and don't we love them, is that the ledger family is unhappy with the joker figures. whether that is because they do have a very good likeness to heath and so on....and that it really is ugly.....but that is the word and that the new release will be slightly different.....

but no matter what happens, there has been drama with this first series and my understanding is that the first release is what values up best, and then to add to this the stock issue....is even better. then add the fact that with this is happening before the movie, and when everone goes to buy these...there is already a chase mentallity (and as a collector, that's what make the value go up, which motivates some people). and then if they do change the figure someway.........it sounds as if you guys and gals have been doing this longer than me, what does that do to your investment/collection?

so for me, bring on wave 2 and 3, because i have bought a fair bit in 2 days......

6 jokers (average buy price $us105 and that's only just over double what i would have paid off the shelves here), 10 batmans ($20), 4 chase batmans ($60), and about 20 thugs ($20) with happy and i think it's grumpy the hardest to find. that's 2 complete sets and the crazy thing is, the chase batman was 50%-66% the price of the joker...???

then add to that the smaller figures......punch packing joker and the suit case joker....these are also rumoured to be none returning or once again changing on next release.....

so go the aussie dollar, and lets see if there is a chane in the joker for wave 2 and 3!!!!

sorry it was long.....but i thought this might be interesting....and as far as rumours go........it's only a rumour but i guess it will be confirmed one way or another with the new waves.

cheers for now

QLDr

HI QLDR! & weclome! No that wasn't to long it was very interesting. Sooooo, the Ledger family (God bless them ever so) is rumored to be unhappy with the Joker hmmm. The strange thing is toynewsi had an articule stateing that the Family gave the figures a green light.

Now I'm just speculating here, but I wonder if it was only the 5" figs they green lighted & not the MMs. I mean the MMs are MUCH more scary & violent looking IMO than the 5".

& WOW!!!!!!!!!! that was realy you who bought the two Jokers listed for $350.00!!!!!!!! dude that's intence. But help me out here cause I kinda got lost along the way of you explaining how it only cost you $280.00 If the Aussie dollar is currently valued at .95¢ of the US dollar, then how is it again that you came away with only paying $280.00???

& getting back to the Aussie rumor mill, what else is churning about the Dark Knight down there? Boy I'm glad you came & joind us! You can be our "unoffical corisponant" of the "down under gossip rumor mill". Again WELCOME!

QLDR, welcome, and glad to see another n00b here. With all due respect, though, man, I dunno why you would do that! That is so much money fed directly to scalpers! I'm not going to curse out your decision, or anything, but when they know people will pay that much, they will just keep the upping going. None of us should let them think we'd pay that!

Anyway, everyone, check this out. At the primary message board I post at, a mystery person sent this message our way:

I saw your blog about the Movie Masters and I thought I would chime in since your email link was available. I called Mattel this morning about the so-called "recall" of the Movie Masters. A representative told me there is no official recall, but there was a chemical in the figure that was a concern. The chemical (she named it, but it was a weird name) was approved by the U.S. Federal Government, but it apparently wasn't approved by Mattel. Why they didn't know this before, I don't know. She told me they would re-issue the figures in about 2 months. Needless to say, I was upset about the information. Here is the number I called: 1-800-524-8697

Take that for what you will, because again, it was sent by someone none of us there know, but we're all scratching our heads looking at it and wondering if pretty much this could be it!

Never mind. I just called & totaly forgot that its a holiday. Hell, for that matter I forgot yesterday was my Bday!

Oh well, another year for the Queen gone by, alone......................................................NO! I'm not crying.

Well if you would have disclosed your B-Day in your personal file, your pals MIGHT have had a chance to wish you....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! SQ!!! @HappyBDay@ @band@

Never mind. I just called & totaly forgot that its a holiday. Hell, for that matter I forgot yesterday was my Bday!

Oh well, another year for the Queen gone by, alone......................................................NO! I'm not crying.

Well if you would have disclosed your B-Day in your personal file, your pals MIGHT have had a chance to wish you....

THANK YOU SEAN!! now see I getting all misty.

THANK YOU SEAN!! now see I getting all misty.

Don't get sad,get glad. :) GO girlfriend, IT'S your BIRTHDAY, YES for REAL-REAL, & for PLAY-PLAY!! :P

I heard it off of" Drawn Together".

Hi all, i offered $us280 and they accepted for the 2 jokers (1 variant) and i was happy........

to answer the question about scalpers.........yeh, but if they don't release it here then how can i get it, will you sell me yours at your purchase price?????

and also, just bought 2 scarecrows, and 2 batmans with gold wing evidence in the pack from seller in US....so they are back on the shelves....they also had 2 new jokers which i declined, because i think the first will be what values.....

tried to add pictures....sorry can't

will try to upload later

if you want the photos......

cheers

QLDr

Hi all, i offered $us280 and they accepted for the 2 jokers (1 variant) and i was happy........

to answer the question about scalpers.........yeh, but if they don't release it here then how can i get it, will you sell me yours at your purchase price?????

and also, just bought 2 scarecrows, and 2 batmans with gold wing evidence in the pack from seller in US....so they are back on the shelves....they also had 2 new jokers which i declined, because i think the first will be what values.....

tried to add pictures....sorry can't

will try to upload later

if you want the photos......

cheers

QLDr

variant???

The new joker is the same as the original, AFAIK. I noticed to differences besides a new in package pose. The Scarescrow and BB Batman hit along side him at my WM last night. I got lucky and snagged a Faer Toxin Batman.

ok, so when you say "new Joker" your talking about MM right? & if a new type of MM is out then can you or some one else please post pics of them. thanks

ok, sorry what does "AFAIK" mean.....???

also BB Batman and Faer toxin Batman?????? are they MM's

and if someone can tell me how to attatch jpeg i can show you the batman with evidence "gold wings". and scarecrow....

and happy birthday SupremeQueen...... i've listed the ebay # is that the one you were talking about???

and as an open question....does anyone no about cases...i've bought a couple of both asst A and B, but thru other sellers they list Asst. rev case A and Asstr. rev case B which i understand is waves 1 and 2 or revised wave 1 and 2.......

ok, sorry what does "AFAIK" mean.....???

also BB Batman and Faer toxin Batman?????? are they MM's

and if someone can tell me how to attatch jpeg i can show you the batman with evidence "gold wings". and scarecrow....

and happy birthday SupremeQueen...... i've listed the ebay # is that the one you were talking about???

and as an open question....does anyone no about cases...i've bought a couple of both asst A and B, but thru other sellers they list Asst. rev case A and Asstr. rev case B which i understand is waves 1 and 2 or revised wave 1 and 2.......

AFAIK= As far as I know. The Gold wings are a Batarang. BB Batman is the one you are referring to. The Fear Toxin Batman is the one labeled chase on the back of the package.

The new joker is the same as the original, AFAIK. I noticed to differences besides a new in package pose. The Scarescrow and BB Batman hit along side him at my WM last night. I got lucky and snagged a Faer Toxin Batman.

ok, so when you say "new Joker" your talking about MM right? & if a new type of MM is out then can you or some one else please post pics of them. thanks

The Joker is the same figure, just posed differently.