Movie Masters recalled?!

syd

So I was at a local Toys R Us today (west hartford ct) and found one of the dark knight movie masters gotham city thug figures. i got to the counter and had the cashier ring me up. she then tells me that they can't sell the figure to me because its coming up on the computer as the item being 'recalled'.

i asked, "so what are you going to do with it, throw it out?"

and she was like, "Yeah, we just can't sell it to you."

that was really weird. it may explain why we haven't been seeing anything of these since early may.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was at a local Toys R Us today (west hartford ct) and found one of the dark knight movie masters gotham city thug figures. i got to the counter and had the cashier ring me up. she then tells me that they can't sell the figure to me because its coming up on the computer as the item being 'recalled'.

that was really weird. it may explain why we haven't been seeing anything of these since early may.

TRU has pulled the Model Masters, the DC Superheroes, and a few other figures while testing is done due to the possibility of lead paint being used.

TRU has pulled the Model Masters, the DC Superheroes, and a few other figures while testing is done due to the possibility of lead paint being used.

So in choosing between my Iron Man movie figure, or my Batman movie figure, I should chew on my Iron Man instead?????

The lead paint post is entirely incorrect. See how fast misinformation gets passed along? No lead paint at all no reason to start a mass panic,this is wha's going on,this is from TRU

First, in addition to the extensive testing we require of our manufacturers before they ship toys to our stores, earlier this year Toys“R”Us hired Bureau Veritas, a respected world leader in independent testing, to re-test products right off our store shelves as part of our ongoing safety protocols. We have alerted our manufacturers that we will report any safety violations we may find to the proper authorities.

We also recently notified our suppliers that, rather than an annual test of a product, we now require that every shipment of toys sent to our stores must be tested. This is a substantial increase in the frequency of testing, and is something we believe will help tighten safety control processes.

Third, we are working in partnership with legislators to advocate for more funding and staffing for the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the government regulator responsible for toys. We also support introducing production code stamping of products so both retailers and consumers can easily identify specific items if they are recalled.

And since we believe that when a product is recalled, the most important thing is to get that product out of children’s hands, we instituted a “no quibble” policy when it comes to toy recalls. This means that we will take back recalled product whether or not it was purchased at a Toys“R”Us or Babies“R”Us store, with or without a receipt.

This is the truth of whatis happening, since Mattel DID have past issues there items are being pulled first.

I have also talked to Mattel and they said there is now active recall on any products,but that their retail partners can perform tests at anytime.

I have also talked to Mattel and they said there is now active recall on any products,but that their retail partners can do paerform tests at anytime.

so what are they recalling?

It seems to vary from store to store but mostly Movie Masters,Kun Fu Panda,Speed Racer and DCUC.

SO I HAVE TO GIVE UP MY DC FIGS?! F**K THAT! IM SERIOUS! IM TIRED OF THIS SH*T! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: so how do i know if any of my figs have "lead"? and do they replace these figs?(the exact same) DAMN! mattel is f**king up! @pow@

Ya, what are people supposed to do with their DC Mattel figures? Is there any announcement that says whats wrong with which figures? Anything that says "if you purchased this figure, send it to this adress for a refund or replacement" ?

Ya, what are people supposed to do with their DC Mattel figures? Is there any announcement that says whats wrong with which figures? Anything that says "if you purchased this figure, send it to this adress for a refund or replacement" ?

F**K A REFUND! I WANT MY FIGS!

This may be a dumb question, but are these figures a danger if they're just sitting out on our shelves??

I don't believe they are....Just google lead paint poisoning. Just don't chew on them and you should be fine....I'm chewing on my Batgirl right now and I feel fine.

That's what she said!

I just called my local Toys R Us. They told me the only figures being recalled were the deluxe figures. She didn't say if that meant the movie masters or the figures with light features. I assume it's the light feature ones since they say deluxe. She had no reason for the recall either.

It seems to vary from store to store but mostly Movie Masters,Kun Fu Panda,Speed Racer and DCUC.

SO I HAVE TO GIVE UP MY DC FIGS?! F**K THAT! IM SERIOUS! IM TIRED OF THIS SH*T! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: so how do i know if any of my figs have "lead"? and do they replace these figs?(the exact same) DAMN! mattel is f**king up! @pow@

Im with him on all of this bullcrap.

Well... hopefully you guys as adult collectors are not putting toys in your mouth. If so...well then maybe you deserve a little lead poising. As far as company's pulling toys off the shelves remember, these toys are just that. Toys. For kids. They are not so worried about us as collectors but kids playing with toxic toys. But you're right, it's a shame we have to suffer because some kid might not know better. How dare they!!!

So what is the issue? Why are they being recalled if it's not a lead problem? The press release you posted failed to mention why. What's up?

So what is the issue? Why are they being recalled if it's not a lead problem? The press release you posted failed to mention why. What's up?

right! and why the hell are you scaring the crap outta me GL?!(LOL)

Target here was pulling:

DC Classics

Dark Knight Movie Masters

Dark Knight vehicle w/ figure

Speed Racer figure w/ cup

Speed Racer figure 2 pack

Kung Fu Panda Crossbow set

Kung Fu Panda deluxe Panda

This may be a dumb question, but are these figures a danger if they're just sitting out on our shelves??

sometimes i like to play with my figs(a little bit) but i dont want my son(the real pooda) getting lead from a 2-up or something. i have sooooo much speed racer and now kung-fu panda stuff around my crib..........man! i just went through this sh*t with my daughter and barbie!