Easiest Barones Custom Ever (anyone can do this)

imthebigdawg

Take the single pack baroness and remove head....take sharpie marker and "color" green glasses black....take that head and place on 5-pack Baroness....See a sub-par figure turn excellent...Since I am a terrible painter and was afraid i would drip the paint all over the place, I gave the Sharpie a try...IMHO, it worked amazing and really is a major upgrade to the original Baroness figure...The bonus, the original head looks better on the single pack. Try it and let me know what you think..

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i177/est...74/PICT4709.jpg

I also added a BBI sniper rifle, which also adds to the character...I always envisioned the Baroness as the type of chick who could pop a guy from a 1000 yards

WOW!! You know what....I had no idea the heads were different and totally ignored the Baroness single pack version.

Looks like I'm off to find one now, and do this quick fix, as the head on the first one (going back and looking at in again) is way lame compared to the newer one (minus the green glasses).

Cool fix.

Just be careful, the sharpie might bleed into the plastic, and turn a creepy purple color, so you might have to put another coat on her glasses in the future, I've read some mixed results where people used a sealer and it kept it from happening, but never tried it myself, so I can't be sure...

either way, she looks sweet, I was thinking of painting that crappy yellow on the single pack and painting the glasses on mine too, I like that head way more than the first one!

I'm thinkin' maybe add some Red lipstick to her, and a hint of some eyebrows above her glasses, and she'll be damn near identical to her 80's version?

I'm guessing this means the hair on the new Baroness is part of the head sculpt, and not a separate piece like the 5-pack version.. because I really like the glasses on the original, and I was hoping to just do a wig swap... doesn't seem like that'll be possible, tho.

I'm guessing this means the hair on the new Baroness is part of the head sculpt, and not a separate piece like the 5-pack version.. because I really like the glasses on the original, and I was hoping to just do a wig swap... doesn't seem like that'll be possible, tho.

I just opened the single pack Baroness (already ran to Walmart and found one) and it looks like her hair can come off separately with some work. I never opened the 5-pack version, so I'm not sure of the difference in it's attachment when compared to the new one.

I kinda prefer the sunglasses on the newer one as opposed to the Sally Jesse Rafael look of the 5-pack version, even though it's in line with her original appearance. It just looks a little goofy to me for some reason.

Perfect, thanks! I can always mod the head or hair a bit to get a good fit, as long as the pieces come apart.

Nothing a 5-minute visit under the heat lamp shouldn't accomplish... now I need to get over to e-bay and snag a loose 5-pack Baroness for my little project!

I was thinking about doing the head swap, but I didn't think of coloring th glasses, great idea!.

I used a fine-tip sharpie to fix Spirit's hair around his jaw and ears last week, and that worked great.

I'm thinkin' maybe add some Red lipstick to her, and a hint of some eyebrows above her glasses, and she'll be damn near identical to her 80's version?

Took the advice and added some red lipstick with a very sharpie...very small addition but does make a world of difference...Not sure what other people do with their figures but I buy the 24 figure wall display case from Wholesale Cases

http://www.wholesalecases.com/star-wars-supplies.html#afsbm

I have them hanging in my home office over my computer. Therefore, any little addition to make these figures look better brings me great joy. Does anyone else make modifications/additions to their figures? I do. For example:

- Torpedo was given BBI Mask, fins, Rebreather, & a Marauder SOCOM pistol

- Wild Bill was given a BBI Nightstalker helmet to hold

- Beachhead was given nightvision goggles

-Ace was modified with a BBI f-18 Hornet Flight helmet...I even drilled a small hole in the figure to allow for the cord to plug into his flight suit

-Almost everyone has Maurauder guns

- Flint has two BBi shotguns

-Duke Silver backpack on Grandslam

-Placed a single-pack Shipwreck head on the Comic pack....I think this looks a million times better. For some reason, i hated the blue hat

WOuld love to hear any other mods/additions that people make.

I have done simple mods to figures over the years, ranging mostly from swap-outs of other gear to paint-touch-ups from just a touch of colour to near total repaints.

Example: took the 25th Ann. V2. Storm Shadow and swapped the bow for the compound bow of the original V2. figure. Just gotta fine me the ninja claws and I'll be a happy camper.

Did a similar swap-out with the UZI with the 25th 5-pack Snake-Eyes--swapping the one he came with for an original version.

One thing I like to do, and have done only sporadically, is to take a pin-vise and small drill bit and drill out the barrels of the weapons. Of course, this depends on the diameter of the plastic parts, but once done, it looks really good.

One of the "big ones", was taking a Marvel Legends flightstand and 25th Ann. Jump-pack Duke, and modifying one of the jump-pack nozzles slightly to fit the plug from the flightstand. Very simple conversion, minimally invasive and now Duke can be posed in flight.

Also swapped out the flag he came with for the flag and staff from a spare Marvel Legends series 1 Captain America. The flag is larger, the staff longer and slimmer and it just looks better in his hands.

Anything that's simple to do and picks out the detail on the figures better is usually on my list.

I just opened the single pack Baroness (already ran to Walmart and found one) and it looks like her hair can come off separately with some work. I never opened the 5-pack version, so I'm not sure of the difference in it's attachment when compared to the new one.

I kinda prefer the sunglasses on the newer one as opposed to the Sally Jesse Rafael look of the 5-pack version, even though it's in line with her original appearance. It just looks a little goofy to me for some reason.

Ya I don't care for the round glasses either. I prefer the cartoon version. This custom is a very good example of how a cartoon version should look like...

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...2048656&hl=

:)

Ya I don't care for the round glasses either. I prefer the cartoon version. This custom is a very good example of how a cartoon version should look like...

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...2048656&hl=

:)

This guy also did a battle damaged baroness using the exact same head and it is, by far, the best custom of the baroness that i have ever seen. However, for those of us who are slightly less talented, the above custom is suitable and much better than either original....hey, has anyone put a Scarlet head on the Blue Baroness to see if it could be an "undercover" Scarlett?