Why do you talk to non fans about GI Joe at the store?

Zanzibar

I don't!

I don't even ask about possible stock or unopened cases of product in the back store room anymore, as that even draws a raised eyebrow or look of bewilderment and indifference. ^_^

I just check the shelves and mind my own business.

I never do. Unless I see another customer rooting through the pegs would I even think of talking Joes with them. And even then there is the posibility the customer is a parent buying for kids and not a collector.

I don't!

I don't even ask about possible stock or unopened cases of product in the back store room anymore, as that even draws a raised eyebrow or look of bewilderment and indifference. ^_^

I totally agree I don't bother asking

and the same here I mind my own business when I'm looking

I don't!

Talk is cheap.

I elbow them in the temple, stomp on the crook of their knee, boot them to the ribs. If they cry out, I silence them by dropping the nearest carton of kitty litter on their pelvis, ensnare them in a garden hose ( or three) and stuff their gaping maws with a pair of (clean) terry-towel socks.

If they continue to struggle, I drag them over to the Outdoors stuff, and cram them into a gas barbecue.

Then close the lid.

Who has time to talk??? @smilepunch@

I tell the cashiers to please be careful with them, as they're gonna be displayed on my office. wall (in star cases of course). Even if I open them I always ask them to be careful. Sometimes they tell me some guy was in earlier/last night and he bought 3 times as many as I did. Which explains why I still haven't found the other half of series 8.

I don't!

the walmarts i go to I have a friend that goes with me and they provide the cover for me at the end of the aisle as I open the box to discover any goodies. once i have had my pick of the lot i move to the next walmart.

Of course, When I go to target, they are all like on top asking me if they could help me. crazy huh?

I don't!

the walmarts i go to I have a friend that goes with me and they provide the cover for me at the end of the aisle as I open the box to discover any goodies. once i have had my pick of the lot i move to the next walmart.

Of course, When I go to target, they are all like on top asking me if they could help me. crazy huh?

Thats because were on top of it at Target :P

I don't!

Talk is cheap.

I elbow them in the temple, stomp on the crook of their knee, boot them to the ribs. If they cry out, I silence them by dropping the nearest carton of kitty litter on their pelvis, ensnare them in a garden hose ( or three) and stuff their gaping maws with a pair of (clean) terry-towel socks.

If they continue to struggle, I drag them over to the Outdoors stuff, and cram them into a gas barbecue.

Then close the lid.

Who has time to talk??? @smilepunch@

@loll@ @loll@

I never chat with other people in the toy aisle.

After reading the most recent talking with a non fan(store employee), why do you talk with the average person at the store about GI Joe? You know they wont know anything about our hobby of ours.

It's about fifty/fifty.

Most people are at least straight up about it and do the right thing.

But then there are the losers who don't know s*** and I'm like "Yo! Why you even in the toy isle to beging with? Get the eff out and make room for the serious collector!"

I remember one housefrow was on her sell talking to someone all confused about Sigma Six Joes and what her kid really wanted. And I told her that Sigma Six was effing done and they prolly wouldn't be worth much down the road. I told her the 25th A figs were the s*** and that if she corned the market on Flints she's have a ton of cheddar come her way later. This beotch without a word just showed me her back!!!! I was POED! Like you wouldn't believe! I TOTALLY flipped her off and told the other person in the isle what she did. I TOTALLY made her look like the @$$ she was.

Another time I was buying an armload of Joes and the cow at the counter was all like "O. Are those for your kids?" I was totally red. I was so upset I could cry right there. I was like, "NO! You Eff. They're for ME!" I never went back there.

But that's ONE time out like a million days a year that I'm at the fig isle. Most of the time people are straight up respectful and are like. "Dang! You know your s***!" And I'm like. Yeah. I do! Yo Joe!

Either way, tho, you can't let anyone get in the way of your hobby. Do what you want and let God sort out the body parts!

Yo Joe!!!!!

I remember one housefrow was on her sell talking to someone all confused about Sigma Six Joes and what her kid really wanted. And I told her that Sigma Six was effing done and they prolly wouldn't be worth much down the road. I told her the 25th A figs were the s*** and that if she corned the market on Flints she's have a ton of cheddar come her way later. This beotch without a word just showed me her back!!!! I was POED! Like you wouldn't believe! I TOTALLY flipped her off and told the other person in the isle what she did. I TOTALLY made her look like the @$$ she was.

Uummm............thanks for making collectors look bad, putz.

Keep up the old cliches and stereotypes.

After reading the most recent talking with a non fan(store employee), why do you talk with the average person at the store about GI Joe? You know they wont know anything about our hobby of ours.

It's about fifty/fifty.

Most people are at least straight up about it and do the right thing.

But then there are the losers who don't know s*** and I'm like "Yo! Why you even in the toy isle to beging with? Get the eff out and make room for the serious collector!"

Another time I was buying an armload of Joes and the cow at the counter was all like "O. Are those for your kids?" I was totally red. I was so upset I could cry right there. I was like, "NO! You Eff. They're for ME!" I never went back there.

But that's ONE time out like a million days a year that I'm at the fig isle. Most of the time people are straight up respectful and are like. "Dang! You know your s***!" And I'm like. Yeah. I do! Yo Joe!

Either way, tho, you can't let anyone get in the way of your hobby. Do what you want and let God sort out the body parts!

Yo Joe!!!!!

Just the other day you said you gave up a figure for a little kid and now you were pissed that you missed something that a little kid may have gotten.

It sounds like you are making yourself out to be the ass. I would have kicked you out of my store If I worked there. If I was another customer I'd probably ignore you too or knock you on your ass.

Sometimes you sound like you are on something when you go on like this. I don't think any of us are impressed by it.

Depends on who is in the aisle if someone looks at me like i plan to abduct their kid I try to ease their minds by saying " Men never grow up, were just little boys in bigger bodies."or something equally as witty. Usually that brings a laugh followed up by questions, usually like " Do you collect toys?" if these questions are asked then i take it as an invitation as to explain why i collect. one of the points i make thats a favorite with the males epecially fathers who grew up in the 80's is "when i have kids i want them to experience the great cartoons and toys we grew up with. Cartoons with a lesson, not some random BS like has infected the cartoon networks and most of our kids." I was in walmart last week and had on my Thundercats T-shirt, and a dad asked his 6 year old daughter "Annie whats that man got on his chest?" Her prompt reply and music to my ears was a resounding "THUNDERCATS!" he went on to explain that she is in love with Thundercats, He-Man, and Gi-Joe she even claims to want to be Scarlett or Cheetara when she grows up.

I have never been one to care what people think of me, my wife says thats what she admires most, that it takes guts to just be who you are and to do your own thing.

I say how can we be anything else?

I have never been one to care what people think of me, my wife says thats what she admires most, that it takes guts to just be who you are and to do your own thing.

<Applause>

<Applause>

I guess I don't find myself loitering that much in the toy aisles when i am there. Kind of a get in get OUT objective, so the opportunity to be engaged in idle chit chat with other shoppers seems very unlikely.

Hell, up and down the aisles GROCERY shopping would provide more opportunity for conversation with others and yet I can't think of too many occasions where I broke out in explainations or chit chat as to why I'm there, unless it's to ask for something I know they should HAVE, like pickles or pepperoni slices. @lol@

Well, I guess I'm one that actually does care (a little) about what people think of me and prefer that people think kindly of me as opposed to thinking I'm an obnoxious and pushy ass or something, but I know what you're saying as far as our core character, likes and lifestyle goes, who cares what others think of it.

Man... Time for my rant and rave...

There is only one Walmart and one Target in my area. If I hit the Walmart than nothing is on the pegs and if I ask then I get the same excuse of toys come in everyday with my response of if toys came in everyday than how come nothing is on the pegs again?

When I hit Target and ask about any toys I get the crap that they are not allowed to check in the back and everything comes out in the morning. So I respond with well what happens if I happen to work in the morning and can't make it until a night? I get told that toys are collectibles and are limited and Target already has like 10 collectors in the morning so this is why toys come out in the morning. So I respond back with so Target screws over other collectors who just can't happen to come to the store in the morning but are willing to practically give toys away just cause some people can make it in the morning? They follow it up with well this is store policy.