Motorcycles

umanumanamo

I was out looking around for new Joes today after lunch and saw the Indiana Jones motorcycle with the German soldier. I thought it would make a cool addition to my Joe display but ultimately passed on it because it's not exactly modern. While I still may go back for it, I started wondering about other kinds of motorcycles that my Joes can sit on.

So, which are the best as far as scale and accuracy, and where can I find them?

I don't have an answer to your question but still wanted to comment. I picked up a couple of the motorcycles and some Nazis in hopes that if the rumored 3 3/4 Marvel line comes out I'll get a FA Captain America and then he can have a bunch of Nazis to fight. Sort of like how I bought up a bunch of Golems on clearance to be Moloids for the Mole Man. Took awhile but that finally paid off.

Great pictures!! most of the Maisto ones worked well for my VvV figs, haven't tried them with the 25A figs, but i'm sure they'll work. i like the german cycle from the indiana jones line, i should have got them when i saw a bunch a couple weeks ago.

I've mentioned this before in other topics, but I'm happy to again, if it helps out. Some is repetative, but it preety much collects all in one post -

OCC - by far the best, but also most costly and hardest to find (I got a 3-pack from a Hamilton-type site for $30)

West Coast - next down as far as cost, and pretty mean looking for a Dreadnok, but I only found variations on one style.

Harley by Maisto - runs about $5-7 at TrU, but look spot on and have several series and models.

Maisto standard - $5 and do the job - lots of variety and styles - can be found most anywhere

Hot Wheels - $4 and are OK for the most part, but the diecast starts to become more plastic at this level

Fast Rides - $3 TrU only - mostly plastic, make sure you look carefully to see it is not broken in anyway, but real cheap and as shown above, has a lot of styles and variants. Target also has a line like this for the same amount.

I currently have Buzzer, Ripper and Torch on the 3-pack OCC Black Widow, Comanche and Paul Sr custom rigid choppers, Zartan rides a 2006 Harley VROD, and I have a few spares of the lesser brands in case they ever release more Dreadnoks. (Keep seeing ones I like and feel I should get them before they disappear like the OCC's)

Wish I could show pics, but I haven't figured out how yet. Hope that helps though.

Now, the 1:18 scale diecast cars is another matter...! (Oh yeah - you'd be looking for 1:18 scale bikes)

I've found various bikes that I like...

I've even found Transformers that work well...

You don't have Sideways and Axer from the RiD line?

I had a chance to get the Robot Masters versions at BotCon but didn't like the colors. Never saw the RiD versions on the shelf.

ALL MY NOKS RIDE WEST COAST CHOPPERS

BECAUSE JESSE JAMES IS A NOK IN MY JOE 'VERSE!!!!!

DOC

Kinda wish Indian Larry's bikes were merchandised at scale - now he was truly a 'Nok!

Still, I can't say enough about how good they look on OCC replicas!