What Indy figure do you think is the best?

JohnnyRebelV2

There are 8 Indy figures to date. Four single carded and 4 in the deluxe pack. I think single pack ROTLA with idol is the best so far even though his likeness isn't that good. The worst are the temple pitfall and temple trap because they don't have any knee articulation. I really hope they make an Indy from Temple of doom in his classic look but with a better likeness of Harrison.

Personally, I like the headsculpt on the Crystal Skull Indy. The main problem with the figures overall has been the paint applications. The most recent refresher wave seem to have really improved on the paint especially on the eyes. I've seen several CS Indy's that look pretty decent of late. However, because these figures have the removable hat which is a bit oversized they still look a little funny. I know it may not be the most cost effective solution, but what I did was get a Crystal Skull Indy (with jacket) and swap heads, Jacket body, and gloved hands from the Deluxe Raiders Indy with Horse, and viola', instant Raiders Indy in either the truck chase or Raven Bar scene. Should you choose to do this though, you may need to put a small piece of tape or paper towel in the base of Indy's head, for the ball post is slightly smaller on the figure and the head fits loosely without aide. So, to make a long story short, my vote goes for the jacketed CS Indy. So far, he's the best in my book. Though I like all of the Indy figures in their own way... They all just need a little help to look their best.

TKO the OAD

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2053367 ;)

Personally it's the Indiana Jones with Deluxe Arabian horse.....****ing AWESOME!!!

Now the Temple Pitfall one is kinda cool too except for his wrists aren't articulated....legs I can deal with, I actually sometimes perfer if the figures legs are in a cool position that they don't move, but the wrists not being able to move I'd think is the only downfall.

I'd have to agree that the Crystal Skull indy is the best. None of the likenesses are that great, which is surprising considering some of the great Han Solo likenesses Hasbro has cranked out over the years like the Vintage OTC Han. Still, Crystal Skull indy has a lot going for him accessory wise and with the overall look. He gets my vote.

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2053367 ;)

Personally it's the Indiana Jones with Deluxe Arabian horse....****ing AWESOME!!!

Now the Temple Pitfall one is kinda cool too except for his wrists aren't articulated....legs I can deal with, I actually sometimes perfer if the figures legs are in a cool position that they don't move, but the wrists not being able to move I'd think is the only downfall.

No the one with the horse isn't as good as the single carded ROTLA indy. The one with the horse his legs are spread too far apart. Plus he comes with less accessories and his head sculpt is no better. So if he doesn't have those things how can he be better than the single carded one? The one with the crystal skull does have the best head sculpt though.

At first my favorite Indy was the Arabian horse Indy. Now my personal favorite is my custom Indy. I used the body from the Indy w/rocket launcher and the head from the arabian horse Indy. The pistol I use is a colt from G.I joe 25th figures whip and a bag. This has become the Indy I have sitting by my computer that I fiddle "Play" with most of the time.

Chopz

I disagree with Raiders of the Lost Ark single carded Indy being the best...his body is cool but his head sculpt is atrocious on the ones I've seen. Granted some of the Indy head sculpts (save for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..that one is great!) aren't the best and the Deluxe Arabian Horse Indy head sculpt could be a tad better, but the ROTLA Indiana has no neck!!!

His neck is so small and it really takes away from the figure in my opinon.

I don't think the Deluxe Horse Indy's legs are spread too far apart, I love the way they are...you can position him in some really awesome poses :) Each unto his own I guess ;)

I'd have to agree that the Crystal Skull indy is the best. None of the likenesses are that great, which is surprising considering some of the great Han Solo likenesses Hasbro has cranked out over the years like the Vintage OTC Han. Still, Crystal Skull indy has a lot going for him accessory wise and with the overall look. He gets my vote.

I agree with you on this. Indy from KOTCS has the best likeness to Harrison Ford and has the most accessories. The paint application does get iffy, but despite that, still an outstanding figure. Maybe I should get another one, pop off his head and replace the ROTLA Indy head with the KOTCS one.

No the one with the horse isn't as good as the single carded ROTLA indy. The one with the horse his legs are spread too far apart. Plus he comes with less accessories and his head sculpt is no better. So if he doesn't have those things how can he be better than the single carded one? The one with the crystal skull does have the best head sculpt though.

Because it's a matter of opinion. I also think the deluxe horse Indy is the best. I like the dusty clothes, the wide stance, and the gloves. As mentioned above, the wide legs make him look ready for action when he's off the horse. He doesn't come with less accessories really. He just has a horse instead of an extra whip. Because I have just about all the Indy figures, I have enough whips to go around. I agree though that, the KOTCS Indy figures do have the best likenesses, and it would really only take a little brown paint on his hair to make him look a little younger if you wanted to go that route.

After a good hour of searching through my local Wal-Mart's entire stock of Indy figures, I found a Crystal Skull Indy with great paint apps and really like the figure. I'm still tempted to buy the Raiders Indy and do a body-swap, since I don't think the working holster is too big and I want a curled bull whip.

Guys, I'm surprised I haven't seen this option suggested for a swap yet. Its by far the easiest swap you can do and it makes the perfect Raiders Indy figure.

We all agree that the likeness is real bad on the ROTLA standard carded Indy with jacket.

Unlike the Star Wars figures, not all of the ball joints for the heads are the same size ad that one in paticular is the smallest one I've seen which makes a straight swap hard.

However I noticed that despite being a real bad figure, the likess on the cracking whip ROTLA Idy was great, I took a gamble and discovered that the ball joint was the same size as the jacket ROTLA indy.

So thats it! it looks incredible, by far the best stadard Indy now.

ROTLA jacket Indy body + ROTLA whip cracking head

Behold, my perfect Indiana Jones figure!

At first I was just going to take the head from Crystal Skull Indy and put it on Raiders Indy, but the neck joint on Raiders was almost nonexistent, so I opted to switch belts instead.

The belt, I found out, was actually attached to the back of Raiders Indy's torso, so I had to snip it off carefully. Then I had to pull the belts off both figures, which took a little work since I didn't want the belts to bust while I was doing so. Thankfully that didn't happen, and now I have and Indiana with:

- Removable fedora

- Curled/extended bull whip

- Revolver w/ working holster

- Satchel

SANY0918.jpg

• 4 weeks later...