25th Anniversary Major Bludd FIXED

invisiblewraithbeta

Very nice!

Like the fix on the dog tags. I was just reading Fred's review on him and was trying to think of a way to remedy those, and you've shown it. :)

It's funky, annoying FUBAR's like this (Bludd and the Viper figure to name a couple) that makes you wonder just how much of a honest and true FAN of G.I.Joe action figure toys, is putting these together? You'd think that somebody with our passion for them, would know BETTER by now when sculpting, molding and putting it all together for the final product?

Helmets that don't fit right, hands that can't hold weapons or hold ANYTHING right. Articulation points that don't really "articulate" much, and removable accessories that don't fit properly, fall off, or look ridiculous...like Bludds dog tags here, or missed paint apps that would have made just that much MORE of a difference in the overall "coolness" of the figure. @grumpy@

That is what I want Bludd to look like. The only thing I would change is give him the boots that Red Star is going to have.

Yeah same here...Head looks a little big too, but I know you had to work with what was out there.

But still its about 100 times better then the crap Hasbro gave us.

bludd-1.jpg

bludd2.jpg

bludd3.jpg

bludd4-1.jpg

bludd5.jpg

Okay, okay, I know I promised a walk through, but I ended up gutting that figure to create a much more accurate version, one that gives Bludd his due.

so what recipe (figures) did you use for this.

looks like a hiss tank driver torso and some bludd parts.

what's the rest? especially the legs? and how did you make bludd's helmet removable?

bludd-1.jpg

bludd2.jpg

bludd3.jpg

bludd4-1.jpg

bludd5.jpg

Okay, okay, I know I promised a walk through, but I ended up gutting that figure to create a much more accurate version, one that gives Bludd his due.

So far I have been very very please with the 25th line but I really think that Hasbro should take a look at this thread and review this custom figure in order to see how a retooling of existing parts can make for a great looking figure. You did a great job and I really hope that Hasbro is quick to use these parts for a official Bludd fix. thanks! for posting pics.

That's pretty sweet. I haven't seen the actual figure yet so I'm not sure how much was done... but I like what I see. Judging from the Zartan figure and what I've heard about Bludd, it looks like a lot of work. Kudos to you!

To remove the helmet, I dunked the figure in hot water to soft the plastic, the peeled the helmet off. I dremeled out the tab inside and sculpted on the hair.

The legs are Duke's upper legs with the pocket dremeled off and the lower legs of a Crimson Guard.

How did you get the chest opened up without destroying the figure? also what paint did you use? Is it tough enough to be played with or for display only? I would like to try this custom but I want to find a paint that will stand up to being posed and played with. Any advise?

Very nice, I guess I'd missed this one!

• 3 weeks later...