2008 wave 4 REVIEWED!

Leonardo T Dragon

tfflintbike.jpg

Just when you thought Justin and I were slacking off, squandering our time on Xbox LIVE instead of working on "important things", a brand new set of reviews debuts! Just hitting stores (and e-tailers) is 2008 wave 4-- featuring the long-anticipated release of Major Bludd! It's an interesting wave with some high points and some definite low points. You can check out the reviews (as well as a bunch of Indy gags) at the 25th Anniversary Review Index !

Also, a lot of folks have mentioned that the "white text on black background" was a bit hard to read. I adjusted the template somewhat to make it everything a bit more legible! Check back next week when Justin and I take on the Wave 4 comic packs including the uber-slick new Firefly!

Fred

Just catching up after a long....

@hmmm@ errrr...ummm

HIATUS?

....and wanted to say "AWESOME JOB" as always Fred & Justin! You've both managed to "sell" me on more things that I'd originally felt a little ho hum about, but these reviews really do serve to add the FUN back into the hobby by bringing everything to life a bit more. :)

Good stuff!

wait? somehow you made me want to buy that motorcycle! Hasbro really should send you guys some free toys. Like Vh said, you make me want to buy some of this stuff i wouldn't normally. even if it's supposed to be an old model it doesn't look bad at all with the joes.

I'm also sure i'm not the only who intends to buy that flint and grab some flat black paint:)

Nice reviews as always, I am just glad that we are getting a Bludd. I will reserve judgement until I get mine. So Roadblock's hand are not any better? That is a bumber. As for the pic with Lady Jaye and Flint, you almost persuaded me to get that motorcycle, but I decided not to get it since it is not Joe ;)

wait? somehow you made me want to buy that motorcycle! Hasbro really should send you guys some free toys. Like Vh said, you make me want to buy some of this stuff i wouldn't normally. even if it's supposed to be an old model it doesn't look bad at all with the joes.

I'm also sure i'm not the only who intends to buy that flint and grab some flat black paint:)

YEP! I grabbed 2 TF Flints, just so I can dissect the arms, paint'em Black, and attach them to the 1st version. ^_^ Now I just need to figure out how to bust'em apart and put'em back together again? @hmmm@

The Indy cycle is pretty cool also. The Joes are already laced with retro military types, who adorn the retro outfits, so a less sci-fi old antique of a motorcycle should fit right in with a couple of'em. I think the bomber jacketed version of Hawk coming out will look SWEET on this ride.

YEP! I grabbed 2 TF Flints, just so I can dissect the arms, paint'em Black, and attach them to the 1st version. happy.gif Now I just need to figure out how to bust'em apart and put'em back together again? soupson.gif

You should be able to just boil & pop the forearms at the elbow and do the swap that way.

YEP! I grabbed 2 TF Flints, just so I can dissect the arms, paint'em Black, and attach them to the 1st version. happy.gif Now I just need to figure out how to bust'em apart and put'em back together again? soupson.gif

You should be able to just boil & pop the forearms at the elbow and do the swap that way.

I'd need to be able to remove the arms at the shoulder though, to be able to retain the rolled up sleeves for him, as the 1st one had the sleeves down over the elbow and rolled up like Dukes at the forearm.

tfflintcomp.jpg

Also....notice (between the two) how much better the TF Flints flesh colored plastic is, over the painted flesh of the 1st one.

Dang you are right! I forgot that the figure has new arms too. Looks like it'll be a case of torso-crackin' for both figures............ugh.......I hate going that route because so much can go wrong.

See....now this is a prime example of the argument for having a back screw on the figures. A swap would be easy-peazy that way.

Seeing the two side-by-side now........I'd swap the TF torso and arms to the original legs, keep the original head w/ black beret ( or paint the TF beret black) and have a hybrid Flint. I like the brown camo shirt better than the black one, and the camo pants. 'Course, I do not have the original Flint , but have the TF Flint on hold for me.......ah well.

Great reviews, I was also surprised at how much I liked this wave! (Although I was even more surprised that I found it at retail - I was lucky enough to hit Walmart after they put them up on shelves. TWO of each figure was all they had.)

As for using the TF Flint's arms on the original - are you sure you don't just want to wait? Flint's a popular character and I'm sure we'll see him reused, probably with these new arms in the original colours...

With that comparison pic, I'm not sure if I'm digging the smaller head on the new Flint now.

Side-by-side in person, it's not that noticeable. Actually I think the smaller head looks better in this case, which is saying something because I HATE and do mean hate, the pea head dilema a lot of these have, like can I say.....WILD BILL!!! @grumpy@

No, this TF Flint is a major improvement, on several counts, over the 1st release.....other than the TF colors anyway. ^_^

I forgot to mention, if any of you really hate the way Major Bludd's dogtags sit on his neck, just dip his head in hot water. They'll soften right up, and you can pose them naturally. Then run it under cold water for a second and it'll stay like that. It will look 100% better.

This review may have convinced me to pass on the Bludd.

I've preordered everyone else (except blue Baroness and CC....bleh) and Bludd is always the guy who is "sold out". I think my DTC Bludd can hold his own with the 25th guys for the time being.

Are both the Zartan & Bludd figures (in your reviews) sporting FEET on the wrong side? Noticed it first on the Bludd, that his left foot looks like it should be for the Right leg, then i noticed it on Zartan as well. @hmmm@

VH if you're unsure about popping the torso, you can do what I did and boil n' pop the lower arms. Sure the sleeves aren't rolled up but it's not a bad look by any means. Easy way to get a proper v1 25A Flint - hopefully we will see some brown glove molds in the future so I can swap the hands for the correct brown gloves.

I'm also thinking if we can get gloveless lower arms (sort of like the wave 4 comic pack SS) then the Duke v1 would be salvegable.

IMG_1614.jpg

That doesn't look too bad at all. :)

Might even swap heads and paint the TF version's beret Black. Thanks for the info and image to go along with it.

Yeah, and another thing too, whats up w/ Major Bludd's right arm hand having 3 fingers, and his neck is also too big.

Major Bludd diserves better than this.

Shame on you Hasbro.