Ford Vows Never To Return To Star Wars

Wheeljack35

for the love of god, do not let Lucas destroy the original characters of the first trilogy!

Vader was a sacrafice to keep lucas from killing anymore beloved characters in those horrible

pre-quels.

I would love to see Mark Hamill return as an aged Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in a story set 30 years after the original trilogy.

Interesting you should say that; this is a quote from an interview with Mark Hamill in the December 2007 issue (#97) of Star Wars Insider. I find it extremely interesting:

SWI: Would you revisit Luke if you were offered it, either as an older character in a film or as a voice in a game or cartoon?

Mark Hamill: You know, that got in peoples' consciousness because during the filming of the original George asked me if I would like to do that in 2011! I thought he was putting me on, but he liked the idea of using me so people could see me age. They'd see me as an old man, handing down Excalibur to a young person. From that point of view, to serve the overall dramatic structure, that appeals to me. I hesitate to say it, because if you say, "Oh, I'd love to play Luke again," you sound desperate. It had a beginning, a middle, and an end for me. We knew Return of the Jedi was the last one, so it was very much that feeling of the last semester of school, cleaning out your locker and saying goodbye to your friends. We were able to let it go. I sit here now thinking probably not [to returning as Luke], but it's like that old Woody Allen joke where they offered him a Smirnoff Vodka ad and he said, "I'm an artist. I do not pander. I do not drink and if I did drink, I wouldn't drink your brand of vodka." They said, "Well, that's too bad, we were prepared to offer you $2 million." He said, "Just a minute I'll put Mr. Allen on the line!" How's that for an answer!

I sure hope George Lucas changes his mind, gets the bug again and decides to make Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. Having said that, I really wish, if he did make the new films, that he'd turn the directing reins over to someone else, like he did for Episodes V and VI.

Han was the best in Star Wars and Empire, but I have to agree with Harrison, and think it would have made a better story if Han had died at the end of Jedi. The whole idea that Han gave the Falcon over to Lando seemed far fetch - the Falcon was where he was at his best, especially at the end of Star Wars. To destroy the new Death Star, Han could/should have done what was done in Independence Day, where the plane was sent right in the middle of the ship to destroy it. With victory comes sacifice.

A 30-years later with Mark Hamill sounds good, but the Han story is over.