Ford Vows Never To Return To Star Wars

Wheeljack35

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=243&itemid=11090

Ford Vows Never To Return To Star Wars

by JayC

HARRISON FORD has vowed he will never reprise his role as HAN SOLO - the character which shot him to global superstardom in STAR WARS.

The 65-year-old actor is currently basking in the success of his latest movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - which has become a major box office hit 27 years after his first appearance as the intrepid archeologist. But although Ford is grateful for the career boost afforded to him by Star Wars when he was a struggling actor, he would never consider returning to the sc-fi franchise as the character is too dull.

He says, "Han Solo isn't interesting to me. It's a very narrow sort of utility in the story and it was great for my career and it was fun to play at the time but I wouldn't go back there again. Those pants!

"There are characters that it seems to me are worth re-exploring given that the story advances your understanding of the character, deepens your relationship to that character and takes you into an area that's new and unexpected.

"Some characters are decidedly one off kind of characters. Some characters don't outlive the movie."

Why would he be Han again anyway?... .. . Is there something live action in the works?

I've read and heard from a number of sources that Harrison Ford wanted to kill off Han Solo in ESB and towards the end of ROTJ. I think they talk about it in the bonus disc included with the 2004 Original Trilogy DVD release.

Well it's here b/c harrison ford has to do with Indy, too.

I don't think it would make much of a difference if he was in Star Wars. He did what he had to do in the movie... I definitely wouldn't want to see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fischer or him as their characters again!! :o Scary...

I don't want to see any of them playing those characters now... too old! If maybe they went back to it 10 or 15 years ago, ok, no problem. BUt now it's just pointless. It's better that they are doing animated movies now too.

I don't want to see any of them playing those characters now... too old! If maybe they went back to it 10 or 15 years ago, ok, no problem. BUt now it's just pointless. It's better that they are doing animated movies now too.

Erica do you have a problem with people that are older?

Han Solo is one of my heroes!

My reaction to this news? Couldn't be happier!

No way could I trust modern Star Wars to get my favorite character right. I'm still happy that Han neither appeared in, nor was mentioned in the prequils in any way, shape, or form.

Han's story is done.

@loll@ @loll@

@loll@ @loll@

I knew you would gotten a kick out of that

if Lucas were to do 7-9, the only character who would really be necessary is Luke. Id like to see Han in a cameo but they could just as easily kill him off. Im sure Fisher would be up for it but even she wouldnt be necessary, they could kill her off also and have Luke have raised/taught their offspring. We still have the droids & the wookie.

I for one, cant wait. Ive always wanted to see Luke as like an Obiwan character. Its a natural progression of the story and life. or Luke could be a Sith and its up to his offspring or Han/Leias to bring him back. Fetts offspring could be his apprentice/padawan. Bring back Palpy or Maul. the possibilites are endless.

I think they will be made eventually, either by Lucas or another director. If/when he pass's on, I think his kids will sell the rights off to the story.

Either they will or wont. I say its 50-50 chance they will. you pessimistically state, 50% chance they wont. guess we'll find out but Lucas has always changed his mind in the past and has gradually sold out. So historically, the percentage is on my side.

Harrison Ford should never say never. He didn't say that when it came to Indiana Jones, and look what happened. Having said that, maybe being in his early-sixties doesn't hinder the character of Indiana Jones as much as it would Han Solo. Or...perhaps the aging Solo could be this elder statesman in the New Republic, having served as a general in the Rebellion and all. Maybe that could work. I'd buy it.

• 4 weeks later...

Sir Alec Guinness was pretty old when he played Obi Wan. I would love to see Mark Hamill return as an aged Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in a story set 30 years after the original trilogy.

Leia might work as an aged Jedi as well, but Han Solo wouldn't really be needed.

Although, Chewbacca with greying hair might be interesting to see.