Bizarro 13" figure from DC Direct

Phillip

Just picked up the latest 13" figure from DC Direct. Bizarro looks good. I like the details of the face. The teeth are cool. He's pretty creepy. The color tone of the costume is different from the other Superman figures. Bizarro's is darker. He's a good addition to the rest of the DC 13" club.

But dammit, I want Speedy and the rest of the Teen Titans!

Anyone else got him? Watcha think?

Other than Black Canary, who else is going to be in this line? ( I know all about the Batman movie figures. I dislike those. I HATE the short ears on Batman. Tim Burton got it right!)

Other than Black Canary, who else is going to be in this line? ( I know all about the Batman movie figures. I dislike those. I HATE the short ears on Batman. Tim Burton got it right!)

The only other non-movie figure that has been solicited since Black Canary is Sinestro.

I pre-ordered Sinestro the other day. Just gotta wait it out now. I can't really get into the 13" movie figures, even the Watchmen ones. I think DC Direct is going to make the whole Watchmen team in 13" form. I'm curious to see how these sell.

I think the Watchmen figures will sell relatively well...but only to comic book fans. These figures are coming out 3 months in advance of the film, which is crazy!!! But it does address one of the major problems I have with DC Direct...their timeliness. It often seems as though they are making figures based on stories that come out WAY before the figures do. Take the 52 line for example...the line came out the same day as the last issue of the story. By that time, Isis was dead (and she still kinda, sorta, is). Booster was dead, then came back as Supernova who was a separate figure. Once it was revealed that Booster WAS Supernova, the charcter was irrelevent (of course, NOW someone else is wearing the Supernova costume, so it actually is a different character). Animal Man was left for dead in outer space too, but he got better (thankfully). I understand it takes awhile to make the figures (like a year), but the ads for DC books are put out WAY in advance to the comics coming out. If DC Direct had better communication with DC Editorial, they would know which characters are going to be used in upcoming stories. All you have to do is come to a DC Nation panel at a comic con to know some teasers about upcoming stories, or read Diamond Previews to get the inside scoop on what's coming out in 3 months time. If a story is a 5-parter, you can guess which characters are going to be relevent in 8 months time.

I think the Watchmen figures will sell relatively well...but only to comic book fans. These figures are coming out 3 months in advance of the film, which is crazy!!! But it does address one of the major problems I have with DC Direct...their timeliness. It often seems as though they are making figures based on stories that come out WAY before the figures do. Take the 52 line for example...the line came out the same day as the last issue of the story. By that time, Isis was dead (and she still kinda, sorta, is). Booster was dead, then came back as Supernova who was a separate figure. Once it was revealed that Booster WAS Supernova, the charcter was irrelevent (of course, NOW someone else is wearing the Supernova costume, so it actually is a different character). Animal Man was left for dead in outer space too, but he got better (thankfully). I understand it takes awhile to make the figures (like a year), but the ads for DC books are put out WAY in advance to the comics coming out. If DC Direct had better communication with DC Editorial, they would know which characters are going to be used in upcoming stories. All you have to do is come to a DC Nation panel at a comic con to know some teasers about upcoming stories, or read Diamond Previews to get the inside scoop on what's coming out in 3 months time. If a story is a 5-parter, you can guess which characters are going to be relevent in 8 months time.

Booster Gold is Super Nova!!!!!! Isis dead! Well thanks for the spoilers, no need for me to read 52 now.

Wait! you left out that Batwoman is Jewish & g-a-y (why is this word censored? I'm g-a-y & damn proud of it!)

Anyway........back on topic, how does the trunks look on you Bizarro? The one I got trunks look more like real short boxer briefs & one side is slightly longer that the other.

I was wondering (& kinda kidding meself because I don't wann admit to myself I might have gotten a botched one), if any of your Bizarro's trunks look like that?

One of the belt loops on my Bizarro has already come loose on the top. I guess these were meant to be displayed and never actually posed more than once.

FOR 60-70 bucks, you should be able to do what you want with it. my girlfriend thinks theyre a waste of money......but what does she know?.