In the spirit of Matt Trakker

RodimusMaximus

Okay, with Mask's Matt Trakker enterng the 25th Joe anniversary line, are there any other Hasbro characters/properties you'd like to see brought onto the 'Joe team?

Off the cuff, I wouldn't mind a Marissa Fairborne as Lady Jaye and Flint's teenage daughter, continuity be damned. (She was a Transformers character but as Flint's daughter in the TF cartoon, she's already a crossover. Make her his niece if it messes up the storyline too badly.)

But what really has my attention is the idea of a few C.O.P.S. crossovers or derived characters.

Many of the names in C.O.P.S. already overlap with G.I.Joe and Transformers.

One in particular that stands out for me personally is Bulletproof. Both the C.O.P.S. version and the G.I.Joe version are African American metropolitan area F.B.I. agents. They have different "real names" and the C.O.P.S. version IS a cyborg.

But I'd be all about taking the DEF/Battlecorps Bulletproof from Joe and giving him the sunglasses and trenchcoat G-man look of the C.O.P.S. version. Just take a cue from the trenchcoat wearing german soldiers from the Indy line and make the top half sculpted and the bottom half of the coat cloth.

Matter of fact, most of the pieces now exist. Just take the Comicon Cobra Commander torso and add a shoulder flap piece... and then use the legs from the v1 Cobra Commander to get the "classy spats" look. A new head with sunglasses and a fresh paintjob and you have Bulletproof. Of course, his filecard needs the motto: "It's crime fightin' time!"

http://copshq.generalsjoes.com/reviews/fig...bulletproof.htm

http://copshq.generalsjoes.com/comics/index.htm#1

Also, I think Sundown would make a nice addition to the Joe team as a Texas Ranger. (They have a few assorted types of cops on the team but no Texas rangers I can think of and the parts would basically just call for a mix of existing parts, notably a Wild Bill head.)

http://copshq.generalsjoes.com/reviews/fig...201/sundown.htm

Beyond that, Turbo Tu-Tone might work as a Dreadnok vehicle driver:

http://copshq.generalsjoes.com/reviews/fig...s%201/turbo.htm

http://copshq.generalsjoes.com/reviews/fig...s%201/turbo.htm

Or maybe Koo Koo:

http://copshq.generalsjoes.com/reviews/fig...%202/kookoo.htm

Not suggesting they invade the line but, say, three or so scattered over multiple waves would be aces in my book.

Oh there's plenty:

GIJOE Adventure Team, with the Intruders as their nemesis. Just vary the Intruders a bit and expand upon their back story. Yes, bring in Mike Power: Atomic Man and Bulletman too.....I'd INSIST upon them.

Action Man--the DIC version, with Knuck and Natalie, and even R.A.I.D.--just retired Jacques and Inspector Norris for now. Given them Dr. X, Professor Gangrene and the Skullmen as bad guys.

SuperJoe-- Gor, King of the Terrons and redefine Darklon a bit for bad guys.

Sgt Savage..........another great Joe concept that can be tied back in.

GIJOE Extreme. I know........I know.........its a bad two words around here, but the characters were great in concept. Salt them a bit in the line.

There's NO reason a GIJOE Universe cannot be embraced here, and used as a vehicle for tons of interesting stuff. GIJOE has a really rich history when you think about it, and can draw from several different themes. There's no reason to stick with just one.

I mean, if any fan can accept Golobulus, Nemesis Enforcer, or Serpentor in GIJOE, then they should have no trouble accepting Bulletman or Gor.

man i hate the idea of this as it took up a slot for the real joes. i hate crossovers they should keep the lines separate . i would love too see the mask come back on there own. same with cops.

I guess Bulletproof really appeals to me because:

1. It never made sense to me to have an FBI agent in generic looking fatigues; he should look like a field agent with a coat and tie IMHO.

2. I'm a Transformers fan primarily. So I'm used to lots of name crossovers (ie. Roadblock, Shockwave, Barricade) and homages to other continuities/lines (ie. Downshift/Wheeljack, Bugbyte and the Gobots homages, vehicles based on G.I.Joe vehicles like Decepticon Snowcat and Classics Powerglide aka Cobra Rattler)

I just figure Bulletproof would look better as a G-man and if you're going that route, might as well go for the basic look of Hasbro's arguably more famous FBI agent Bulletproof.

Just ruminating some more here:

When I heard about the addition of Agent Trakker to the line, and the confirmation that he is a tie-in to MASK, I thought..............."what a fun idea".

Never would have expected it in a million years, but it feels like such a natural inclusion now that i have heard of it.

Now, I have an admitted bias here: I'm one of those folks that like to take everything on his plate and mix it up some. I dearly want GIJOE to embrace its other parts--the red-headed step-children that are part of the GIJOE legacy.

I mean.........a toy line should be fun.......right?

Just having a stodgy military theme, with a few overtones of superheroes and science fiction might be fine......but the rest of GIJOE is pretty much the same.

Oh, sure...........SuperJoe is a VERY sci-fi theme, what with Gor, Terron, Darklon etc, and Luminous etc.

But there's room for interpretation with them too.......they could become the next "Battleforce 2000" sub-line, if done right.

Bulletman is a pure-superhero in all respects.......but so what? Is COBRA Commander any less of a classic super-villain? I don't see any differences.

They are there, waiting to be used.

I don't subscribe to the notion that stuff like Dino-hunters was a case of throwing feces at the wall and see if it sticks. I think IN CONCEPT, its a sound idea. Where stuff like that stinks is in the execution.

The COBRA-la figures were arguably dopey as hell, but the designs they came from were pretty cool.

Raptor.....probably the dumbest-looking COBRA could be made very cool with a bit of a re-design, maybe some slight rethinking.

He's no sillier than Croc Master, Big Boa or any other bad guy.

The naming of some of these characters, the real names of Alpine or several of the Dreadnoks says there's a LOT of tongue-in-cheek going on--so why not a bit more?

The idea with a lot of these characters is that they are colourful, broad, interesting............fun.

Adding more of those kinds of characters to a line like GIJOE can only make it more interesting and deeper.

Not too keen on the mixing of MASK and GI Joe, like I don't like mixed peas and carrots. Buuuuut... if Matt is taking up a slot that would otherwise have produced yet another variant of Duke/SE/COBRA Commander, then go for it! My only wish would be an accompanying '87 IROC with gull-wing doors. That would be cool! (And in anticipation of this figure's release, I have scoured the 'net for a 1:18 scale diecast IROC to no avail. That would have been even cooler!)

man i hate the idea of this as it took up a slot for the real joes. i hate crossovers they should keep the lines separate . i would love too see the mask come back on there own. same with cops.

True, besides he seems useless without the vehicle to go with him.

it was Mutt that he was related too, heck they both looked very similar infact

and Ill agree with ARROW on the DIC ACTION MAN and Team

COPS would be a must

GI JOE EXTREME TEAM and SKAR a must

Action Force is Must

I dont mind the Mask thing either I like these little things to be honest and want more but like some of you I am worried its taking the place of some other characters from GI JOE and its many incarnation. Matt Tracker is cool I just hope he wasnt decided on instead of IRON KLAW

Oh. Wow.

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index....p;productId=107

Somebody did a custom Sundown kit.

Even better painted

Sundown_poster_resized.jpg

Initially I was 100% against cross overs, but if it keeps the line vibrant, pulls in more collectors, then I am ok with it, if it is going to cause an entire revamp of the Joe-ni-verse to Forcably shoe horn them in, I might not be as excited.

I can think of a dozen figures I would rather have than half of every wave thus far (and I'm sure everyone else can too, and perhaps not for the same figures) but that just means we'll get them later or I'll learn how to customize.

I'll have to see what Kenner/Hasbro has done to see what cross-overs. I agree with Arrow above, any and All incarnations of Joe over the last 40+ years would be great. I'd love a 25th Style/Scaled Adventure Team for sure.

I'm not thrilled about the MASK character, although I don't mind the concept behind it. Thing is, he wasn't even a Hasbro property back in the day. I'd much rather see figures of Sgt. Savage guys, GI Joe Extreme, or stuff like COPS (which were just oversized Joes anyway, as far as I'm concerned).

If not Joes, then stuff that's of a more military nature at least. I wouldn't mind A-Team figures for example, or stuff along the lines of McFarlane's military figures but with 25th (or RAH even) articulation.

The other thing that I'm a bit bothered by is how the figure is going to end up looking. I'm sorry, but I don't trust Hasbro's design team unless they're copying the RAH character designs. At best, they've been hit or miss when coming up with their own stuff (I admit there were a few gems in the "new sculpt" period, but overall, it was pretty lackluster). It seems like the only time they got things right was when they went back to basics. So is this guy gonna end up looking like Hi-Tech or what? We'll see...

I've been hoping for 3 3/4 scale C.O.P.S for a long time now. I'd be interested in MASK, Sgt. Savage and GI Joe Extreme too, but I'd prefer it if they waited until after we got a number of key classic RAH Joes first. If I was running the show, I'd release an updated version of ever figure from all the lines I mentioned, but in more or less chronological order, so Zap, Scrap Iron and company would come out before Croc Master, the C.O.P.S and so on. In cases where code names overlap across different lines, I would just give a new code name to whichever character debuted second. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. :)

i have a feeling the first major cross over will be Joe/TF.

not only becuase it has been done on the comic scale, but we have both Joe

and TF2 coming summer 09.

i wouldnt not mind some figures from the moive in joe scale, Cpt. Lennix, Simmons...

plus who cant resist a Hiss/ Iron Hide toy ;)

id buy them in a heart beat.

I dont mind Matt Tracker being in the joe line, provided he has his 80's suit on.

and it leads to a full M.A.S.K line.

i have a feeling the first major cross over will be Joe/TF.

not only becuase it has been done on the comic scale, but we have both Joe

and TF2 coming summer 09.

i wouldnt not mind some figures from the moive in joe scale, Cpt. Lennix, Simmons...

plus who cant resist a Hiss/ Iron Hide toy ;)

id buy them in a heart beat.

I dont mind Matt Tracker being in the joe line, provided he has his 80's suit on.

and it leads to a full M.A.S.K line.

I don't know if you noticed but STAR WARS: TRANSFORMERS has been renamed TRANSFORMERS: CROSSOVERS by Hasbro.

Next-up in the line are Marvel Megamorph style TFs...

But I have a feeling this is the line we'll see TFs and Joe crossover, with half inch Joe pilots in TFs that turn into deluxe-sized (ie. 6 inch robot figures, $10-15 price) Joe vehicles.

And if we're lucky, given the scales offered and the history of the Han/Chewy/Millenium Falcon and Vader Deathstar, they could have a Fortress Maximus who either turns into the Pitt or the USS Flagg.

Atomic Man and Bullet-Man would be definite musts for me, as a great homage to the early days of an expanded G.I.Joe universe. After that, some Sgt. Savage and Extreme(no, not the band) characters mixed in would be cool; especially if we got some characters that never made it into the original lines.

I guess, even with lines outside the Joeverse(i.e. COPS, etc...) I don't hate the idea, as long as it's written with a feasible back story.

Btw, I think the Sundown figure is beautifully made, but not knowing anything about the show, I'd say line him up with Spirit and Shipwreck and you're well on your way to a Village People "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Reunion show, lol.

Oh, and if we do get into Joe/TF crossovers, I agree that we'll probably see 1/2" Pilots for the vehicles, similar to SW. BUT, in the class of the big sets(Vader/Death star and such), I would rather see them make a 3 3/4" scale small Transformer. Instead just making a larger vehicle/character, make it a bigger scale Joe vehicle. Like, a Vamp that transforms into Hound or such. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Hasbro could do something similair to the Legendary Heroes series that use the Marvel Legends scale and articulation. I could see a line including properties like COPS and MASK using the 25th scale and articulation. I'd love to see an Indiana Jones figure using the 25th parts or heck convert the Star Wars line to this style!