My Indy collection

amazingdm

More shots. Something I noticed, the KotCS Indy with rocket launcher should actually be for the opening scene (with crystal skull Indy's hat) and the rocket launcher should be for crystal skull Indy.

indyhorse1.jpg

indyhorse2.jpg

05-28-08_0056.jpg

05-28-08_0100.jpg

05-28-08_0106.jpg

More pics will be added soon.

My artifacts

Indyartifacts2.jpg

are they lame because they weren't in the film, or just lame because you think they are?

because the only one that wasn't in the movies is the spear of Longinius, but it is mentioned in one of the Indy games or Young Indiana Jones chronicles.

everything else is lifted directly from the films.

it might not be the COOLEST artifact in the movies, but it's there.

that said, I think the spear of Longinius, and the Chalice of Kali are two of my most wanted pieces.

Thanks for the pics. I don't much care for the relics, ie I didn't pick up the single carded Marion just to get the staff of ra headpiece, because it's not in scale.

So my question is... are any of the relics (non accessories, but the ones that comes in the "crates") in scale and worth getting?

More pics will be added soon.

My artifacts

Indyartifacts2.jpg

are they lame because they weren't in the film, or just lame because you think they are?

because the only one that wasn't in the movies is the spear of Longinius, but it is mentioned in one of the Indy games or Young Indiana Jones chronicles.

everything else is lifted directly from the films.

it might not be the COOLEST artifact in the movies, but it's there.

that said, I think the spear of Longinius, and the Chalice of Kali are two of my most wanted pieces.

Lame because I think they are mostly because they weren't in the film.

spear of longinius? yeah those two daggers/spears are lame, the terracotta statues are lame and weren't in the movie and the wall carving is pretty lame

the statues WERE in the movie.

both of 'em.

watch the 'treasure room' scene in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

the terracotta warrior is standing to the right of the screen, and the horse is behind him.

the 'wall carving' is in Raiders, in the beginning, the Dagger is the only one I would consider lame.

the Spear of Loginius is based on the actual relic, so that's pretty awesome as well, despite it not being in the films anywhere, it's just as significant a relic as the grail or the Ark.

and while Carbon Dating has placed it later than the first century, it's still a neat artifact, with an incredible (and mostly true) history.

the statues WERE in the movie.

both of 'em.

watch the 'treasure room' scene in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

the terracotta warrior is standing to the right of the screen, and the horse is behind him.

the 'wall carving' is in Raiders, in the beginning, the Dagger is the only one I would consider lame.

the Spear of Loginius is based on the actual relic, so that's pretty awesome as well, despite it not being in the films anywhere, it's just as significant a relic as the grail or the Ark.

and while Carbon Dating has placed it later than the first century, it's still a neat artifact, with an incredible (and mostly true) history.

ehh still lame

not a real macguffin

I guess they can't all be good though

yeah, you'd really run out of 'good' setpieces without a few crap ones in the mix.

of course, there's plenty of good props, the Chalice of Kali is one I never really considered, but now that I see it, it's one of the best.

To each their own, but I do think the Spear of Destiny is a pretty cool piece, and look forward to getting it almost as much as the figure it comes with.

for the record, we're pretty much in agreement with the cool/lame ratio, I just think the spear is a bit cooler than you give it credit for. :D

everything else you mentioned, though, is pretty spot-on!

yeah, you'd really run out of 'good' setpieces without a few crap ones in the mix.

of course, there's plenty of good props, the Chalice of Kali is one I never really considered, but now that I see it, it's one of the best.

To each their own, but I do think the Spear of Destiny is a pretty cool piece, and look forward to getting it almost as much as the figure it comes with.

for the record, we're pretty much in agreement with the cool/lame ratio, I just think the spear is a bit cooler than you give it credit for. :D

everything else you mentioned, though, is pretty spot-on!

Yeah there are a few figures I bought just for the artifacts like generic german soldier, colonel dovcheko (although i would have bought him after seeing the movie), monkey man (grrr!) and going to buy marion

The horse looks kinda lame too!

I like the horse too. Lotsa articulation for a 'beast' figure. Too bad the QC on Indy is still not to my liking. It's actually just the face that's the problem.

I love the relics and artifacts being packaged with these figures! It really adds depth and now we can send our Indy figures on many quests to find them. I'd love to see Hasbro release them all together somehow, possibly through their website.