If you could pick one joe for each of the years from '85 to '87 which ones would you pick?

Pizza Man Z

If you could pick one joe from each of the years from '85 to '87 which ones would you pick?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. If you could pick one joe or cobra action figure from '87 which one would you pick?

• Big Boa
    • Chucles
    • Crazylegs
    • Crystal Ball
    • Fast Draw
    • Jinx
    • Law & Order
    • Outback
    • Raptor
    • Tunnel Rat
  2. 2. If you could pick one joe or cobra action figure from '86 which one would you pick?

• Zandar
    • Zarana
    • Dial-Tone
    • Mainframe
    • Dr. Mindbender
    • Low-Light
    • Monkeywrench
    • Wetsuit
    • Lifeline
    • Leatherneck
  3. 3. If you could pick one joe or cobra action figure from '85 which one would you pick?

• Footloose
    • Dusty
    • Alpine
    • Quick Kick
    • Airtight

With all the news and rumors of future figures coming out for GI Joe, I see lots that I am excited about and quite a bit that I am questioning Hasbro's decisions for the release of the Figure. At this point, the line still seems so new, so why add in figures that do not pertain to GI Joe? I keep thinking that they need to stick to the originals that they had, adding in a few from the new comics and lines. But, leaving out figures that really seem to be a off the grid for GI Joe fans.

If you have other figures from these years that you would like released, please sound off your desire. Maybe we will be lucky and Hasbro will listen up and pay attention to the fans and make more figures that we want.

Pizza Man Z

87 - Outback

86 - Low-Light (my favorite Joe)

You didn't list Eels as a choice for 85, which would've been my first pick, so I went with Dusty.

Tunnel Rat, Zarana (we need a Zarana figure that does the character justice like a DDP zarana figure), and Dusty

would prefer Mercer from 87 he is my favorite from that year

Dusty

Dial-Tone

Outback

Always had all three in action. As I mentioned in another thread, Dusty was among my first three Joes, so he MUST be made in order for me to be satisfied with the 25th line.

For '87, I chose Outback. Why? Well, first of all, he's one of my favorites, but secondly, if Hasbro's gonna reuse figure parts, Outback's design would lend itself well to in-house frankensteining. It's cool but it's simple and would fit multiple future figures I think.

'86? Geeze, it was close. I wanted to choose Wetsuit, simple because the iconic image of him, Hawk, and Beachhead on that Devilfish(?) boat from the comic is what introduced me to that particular wave all those years ago. But in the end I had to go with Dial-Tone, one of my favorite Joes of all time.

'85? Dusty baby. To me it's a no-brainer. Alpine would be a real close second for me...

Wait a minute. You forgot the greatest Joe of all time! Sgt. Slaughter!

(Don't flame me, I love the character and I can't help it)

I chose Tunnel Rat for '87, hopefully Hasbro could make it to look like GI Joe scribe Larry Hama like the original figure. Dial Tone was my '86 selection due to him being one of my faves as a kid. I have a feeling we'd see a few other names before DT, but what the hey. And Alpine for my '85 because Alpine is the man. I always loved his look, and he had tons of gear.

Yo Joe!

Sorry, was focusing on the single packs and not vehicle drivers or mail-aways. I hope they make Sgt. Slaughter as a Mail away figure again. That would be so sweet!

Sorry, was focusing on the single packs and not vehicle drivers or mail-aways. I hope they make Sgt. Slaughter as a Mail away figure again. That would be so sweet!

Pizza Man Z - Not to flame you or start a war with you or anything but i think your desire to leave out vehicle drivers for consideration on all of your polls is kind of confusing. There are some great characters that were vehicle drivers. (Granted i don't think Sgt Slaughter is one of them). I think when you make a poll like this that seems obviously intended to catch hasbros attention by saying "This is what we want", I think you can't leave out some very inportant characters that may have come with vehicles. We will never get EVERY single vehicle from the old days in this line, but we could VERY easily get hundreds of more individual characters (god willing). I think to leave out the vehicle drivers simply because there MAY be hope of getting their vehicles someday is a little niave. I for one would like EVERY single Joe from 82-85, vehicel drives included in that. And i even want a few of the later year vehicle drivers too.

Hasbro has shown us that vehicle drivers with out their vehicles will be released on single cards (or in two packs) so I see no reason why vehicle drives should be left out of the running when i see polls like this.

Pizza Man Z - Not to flame you or start a war with you or anything but i think your desire to leave out vehicle drivers for consideration on all of your polls is kind of confusing. There are some great characters that were vehicle drivers. (Granted i don't think Sgt Slaughter is one of them). I think when you make a poll like this that seems obviously intended to catch hasbros attention by saying "This is what we want", I think you can't leave out some very inportant characters that may have come with vehicles. We will never get EVERY single vehicle from the old days in this line, but we could VERY easily get hundreds of more individual characters (god willing). I think to leave out the vehicle drivers simply because there MAY be hope of getting their vehicles someday is a little niave. I for one would like EVERY single Joe from 82-85, vehicel drives included in that. And i even want a few of the later year vehicle drivers too.

Hasbro has shown us that vehicle drivers with out their vehicles will be released on single cards (or in two packs) so I see no reason why vehicle drives should be left out of the running when i see polls like this.

I have to say that you are correct in my intent. I am trying to let Hasbro know that I am a little tired of the repaints and various figures being made that really were not part of the line. To leave out the vehicle drives was an oversight on my part. I do not mean any discontent to the vehicle driver figures nor to those that like them being released on the single card. I do have every vehicle driver figure released so far in the 25th anniversary line, so it would appear a bit hypocritical on my part to have left them out. But, I can say it really was not intentional. It has become quite apparent in these two polls /forums that it was an unfortunate oversight on my part, and I feel that I will need to remedy this issue immediately.