I've been bit by the Transformers bug!

DarthJoe

Hey Darthjoe, have you seen any of the new Animated cartoon? It's really good, and the toys look great as well. Not really "old school" though, and maybe that's what you're more interested in; either way, check it out for all the great g1 nods.

I've seen the pics of the toys, and I'm not really all that interested in them. Too anime looking for me. Plus, I'm more into realistic-looking alt modes.

If the cartoon's good, I may have to check that out though. :)

Hey Joe, I strongly suggest you start streamlining your collection and concentrate in one area of TFs. That is what I had to do for the sake of space, budget and time. I have decided mainly to concentrate on the Classics 2.0/Universe line along with any figure that I like that is compatible with that line (ie Titanium Ultra Magnus and Cyclonus or Cyberton Downshift/Wheeljack and Blurr) I have found that uniformity (or as close to it as you can get) is more pleasing. I originally tried to get figures based on their G1 appearance or cool looking Decpticons. That took up way too much cash and space as i quickly found out with Alternators as well as whatever line was out at the time. Since the announcement of Classics continuing, I have sold most of my Alts, reissues, and random TFs from various lines that did not match a G1 counterpart to BBTS for store credit to purchase the new Classics and Henkei figures. The only re-issues and Alts I still have are 06 Megatron, 17 Blitzwing, Glavatron, and Alternator Jazz. Even then, my collection has become too big because I, like you collect other lines. Like I said, consider streamlining your collection.

Ya, I think I'm probably just gonna stick with classics and alternators, and buy them as I can afford them. With all of the GI Joe product coming this summer, my Transformers purchases might be few and far between for awhile. :)

The cartoon is acually pretty good with reference back to G1 and not crappy like Armada,Energon and Cybertron.Some people have problems with the animation style

To me the story overules the animation

There are a couple of threads up with the links to youtube if you want to check them out

I think the fact that people weren't all that much interested in the stories throughout Armada-Cybertron that made them nit pick about the animation that much more.

Aside from the agonizingly long transformation scenes it would have sufficed with better storytelling and characterization.

To me the animated show suffers from nicely done, but to me not all that interesting of an animation style. If only we could just put it all in a blender we might just get one perfect show out of it!

However, I have made the decision to at least buy some of the figures and check them out. Leader Megs I really do like most of all so far. Even for the sometimes goofy look of the animated line, Megs is definitely the exception.

For all that it's worth, I hope I can hold back on the animated line because I have a feeling Universe and Encores are going to KILL me! (I'm hanging on on life support as it is)

I think the fact that people weren't all that much interested in the stories throughout Armada-Cybertron that made them nit pick about the animation that much more.

Aside from the agonizingly long transformation scenes it would have sufficed with better storytelling and characterization.

To me the animated show suffers from nicely done, but to me not all that interesting of an animation style. If only we could just put it all in a blender we might just get one perfect show out of it!

However, I have made the decision to at least buy some of the figures and check them out. Leader Megs I really do like most of all so far. Even for the sometimes goofy look of the animated line, Megs is definitely the exception.

For all that it's worth, I hope I can hold back on the animated line because I have a feeling Universe and Encores are going to KILL me! (I'm hanging on on life support as it is)

If encore continue this new trend and release one of the bigs on ever other reissue... You wont be the only one with an empty wallet...

I agree with you there ND. Encores, Henkei/Universe, and whatever else they can throw at us. I'm not big into the Animated toys. THe show itself is really good. It's just got a weird animation style. I enjoyed Armada through Cybertron although I felt tired out by the end of it.