should the o ring come back?

xhairs

should the oring come back  

63 members have voted

1. 1. should it come back

• yes
    • no
    • why not

ok i asked this on hiss tank and i wanted to see what you guys think? keep everthig that the 25th has going but change back tot he oring #US1#

as a custom stand point the oring offered alot more .

Well there are good things and bad thing about both.....

-25th style figure are easier to work around the joints with....without having paint peal where.....

-O Ring Styles , it's easier to take completely apart ..Arms, Legs, head , body , and waist.....

-25th figures , their legs are alot more stable the Oring.

So it's difficult to say ..... but look at it like this ...... there's already a ton of ORing figures to work with.... so there's alot of them to feed off of if you'rwe customizing...

I say no, life moves on and I think its about time to let go of the o-ring.

While at first I would have agreed with you on the custom angle, I actual have no problem with the new sculp figures now. It is a bit more work but opens up some new options the previous figures did not offer.

Besides that we have already seen the o-ring with newer sculpts (JvC), and it just doesnt lend itself with modern sculpts. For me the o-ring belongs with the ARAH line and the 25th is simply somthing different. Besides with the new crotch pieces the figures have almost the same articulation and a slightly better sculpt.

i hear you but if the keept everything of the 25th and just changed the chest bak to oring would it be better? i think so. i love the arms , legs head & gear but i would like the oring to come back for easy disabling to swap parts or make customs.

true but some parts just suck to use. i love the detail of the new chest and waists and would love to use them for customs.

the DTC line was on the right path now if they kept going and do what they have done with the 25th they would be the best line of all.

No. But I do think the back screw should come back. It would give everyone a default backapack hole and make taking the chest apart easier.....and you wouldn't have to superglue the thing back together after you did get it apart.

I never liked the o-ring, even when I was a younger collector... although I wish the 25th figures had waist articulation, similar to Marvel Legends. I'd even settle for 180 degree movement. But other than that, I say no o-rings. It sucked when they broke, and I dont like how the inclusion of the hook'n'ball pelvis joint always snapped off the guys' crotch if you played with them.

I would say no because of how fragile the o ring is and how loose the joe's waist can be. True, one can order o rings online but sometimes they are hard to find and I am sure there are some toy collectors who don't want to order the replacements online.

umanumanamo is right in that it would be great to have marvel legends artiluation for the waist. Because the curretn joes have no waist twist. Havin it included would only add to the sculpt w/o removing or altering any existing articulation.

For customizing, the o-ring is better. I like both styles but probably prefer the o-ring.

I obviously voted YES! ^_^

Even without all the customizing potential us fans of the O-ring bring up, the O-ring offered a HELLUVA lot MORE articulation than what the 25th style does. I'm an ACTION figure fan and I was into the ARAH figures well before the actual mythos of ARAH began making them even COOLER! ;) Once they added swivel arms and the ball joint necks, I thought those little buggers who replaced my 12" Adventure Team G.I.Joes were pretty dang slick. Had they incorporated a extra swivel to the wrists back then, and BAM.....they would of had perfection, in my book.

The 25th figures have very little articulation when compared to the O-ringed versions. The swivel tits offer practically nothing in replacing the O-ring for movement of the torso and the pop on/pop off head-on-a-stick design serves about as much as the original swivel design of the '82 figures.

I like the swivel wrists of the newer designs and the ankle articulation is ok as well. I've come to like the knee joints a little better than I did originally, but that's likely due to being desperate for SOMETHING to bend properly or FULLY on these things, that the legs have taken all the attention. Even so, the ability to sit (for most of them) is still limited by design or the mold itself and like the elbows is restricted and not FULLY articulated despite the claim of MORE. <_<

Bring back the O-ring!

I know this is all just wishful thinking and fodder for debate and discussion and just as unlikely to happen, but I'll still play along and express my opinion freely on it. ;)

hell yes the oring should come back. I hate the 25th torso and waist articulation. I hate when a figure is loose, the waist can do a 720, exorcist style.

The oring always brought the waist back to normal, and added realistic movements to it. It was the most genius point of articulation ever.

And for all who's complaining about replacing a bad oring...theyre very easy to fix. Go to home depot and get plumber rings. You cant tell the difference. I wish theyd bring it back.... you people who voted no are going to hell.

I voted no even though I prefer the older styling of figures. O-rings are outdated and are prone to breaking too easy over time. I do however prefer the articulation to be at the waist as the pants usually cover the seam better and doesn`t leave a goofy gap like the mid torso articulation. Much smoother and more natural look.

I don't mind the new style but it is definitely harder to take them apart, maybe if they modified the torso construction so they were screwed together instead of how they are now then it would make it easier, each way has positives n negatives

they could use the same arm and leg construction with few mods on either style it seems to me

I voted No. I thought they were great when I was a kid, but as an adult, I had more problems with posing O-ring JvC and VvV figures than I do with the 25th sculpt figs. I agree whole-heartedly, though, with the suggestion of adding the screw to the back as a standard back-pack hole! That would make the 25th figures just as customizable as the old o-rings, but with the advantages of the new sculpts! Go, Hasbro, go! Make it happen!

I like the 25th style.

The O-ring was good too, so no complaint there.

Just as long as they don't bring back that god awful T-Crotch.

If there was something used 50 years ago that is "BETTER" than what's being used for the same thing...today, I say stick with what WORKS best and screw any notion of it being "dated".

I don't understand the indifference taken against something just because of some "date" attached to it, or merely because it's old and for some reason, we can only approve of something if it's "NEW"? New and improved isn't always an "improvement"...is it?

The new articulation features on the Joes are not exactly improved, but yes, they are definitely NEW, so that must be all that matters. If it's NEW, a new generation can glob onto it and adopt it as their own, above and beyond the old-timers, as though that's the only way they can feel as though they have any seperate connection to an OLD toyline?

If there's anything "improved" in them, it'show cheaply they can be made, in comparison. That doesn't benefit ME much.

Hety Viper Hunter, You mean, "If it aint broke, then don't fix it" kinda of thing.

I obviously voted YES! ^_^

Even without all the customizing potential us fans of the O-ring bring up, the O-ring offered a HELLUVA lot MORE articulation than what the 25th style does. I'm an ACTION figure fan and I was into the ARAH figures well before the actual mythos of ARAH began making them even COOLER! ;) Once they added swivel arms and the ball joint necks, I thought those little buggers who replaced my 12" Adventure Team G.I.Joes were pretty dang slick. Had they incorporated a extra swivel to the wrists back then, and BAM.....they would of had perfection, in my book.

The 25th figures have very little articulation when compared to the O-ringed versions. The swivel tits offer practically nothing in replacing the O-ring for movement of the torso and the pop on/pop off head-on-a-stick design serves about as much as the original swivel design of the '82 figures.

I like the swivel wrists of the newer designs and the ankle articulation is ok as well. I've come to like the knee joints a little better than I did originally, but that's likely due to being desperate for SOMETHING to bend properly or FULLY on these things, that the legs have taken all the attention. Even so, the ability to sit (for most of them) is still limited by design or the mold itself and like the elbows is restricted and not FULLY articulated despite the claim of MORE. <_<

Bring back the O-ring!

I know this is all just wishful thinking and fodder for debate and discussion and just as unlikely to happen, but I'll still play along and express my opinion freely on it. ;)

man i feel you on all counts #US1#