Finally I have completed Monkeyman

GPM in ICT

Yesterday I got the final two figures that I needed for Monkeyman (Star and Marv) and have to say Ithink Marvel Toys really knocked this thing so far out of the park that I can't see anything being compared to it for some time. I picked up the Darkness and Ann O'Brian back in Dec when they hit walmart. Looking back I should have snagged the whole set, but it was Christmas and my kids (and Stepkids) toys needs come before my own. They weren't there very long and that was all I saw of wave two. the a montyh ago I saw a lone Stryker sitting among all the Judge Death figures and got him. So that got me back in the mind set of wanting to complete Monkeyman. I looked oneBay and the figures I needed were always sky high. So I was looking at BBTS and saw they had complete sets for $64 and the clear Judge Death for $1.29, Madman variant for$3.99 and the Super patriot variant for $1.99. So I order those three (Death for the leg, Madman cause of the price and SP so I can costumize one that has two regular arms). Then last week I was on Amazon and cam across a store selling the Star and Marv figures dor $10.99 each plus shipping. Altogether it cost me about about $30.00 but I finally have Monkeyman. Now I can only think about how cool wave 3 would have been.

It really is a great BAF, probably one of the best ever done. I've fiddled with the individual figures over the past months and they are only "okay" after a while.

Monkeyman and Pitt are the two big gems in the line, and its a shame we'll not see any more like them.

Monkeyman is great!! Pitt is also my fav BAF!

• 11 months later...

I wasn't very happy with MARVEL TOYS aka TOYBIZ when i got the complete set of WAVE 2 most of these figures were badly sculpted and the JOINTS were horrible STARMAN and MARV completely BROKE, i mean the arm of Marv and the left leg of STARMAN SNAPPED off but that wasn't the real problem after the bad experience with the bad figures i was assempling MONKEYMAN... his legs snapped in great and his left arm went on without incident... but the RIGHT ARM would not go on... i tried many attempts but to no avail NOTHING, my hand was raw with pain and the joint on the arm was damaged

I was devistated and I threw the arm away... i was SO MAD @grumpy@

i hate these BAF's because putting them together was always a CHORE... GORILLA GRODD, METAMORPHO MONKEYMAN and i will NOT go there with the MARVEL LEGENDS...

I left MONKEYMAN on display having O'Brian covering his right arm... and three months went by...I went to WAL-MART to get some NEW 25th G.I.Joes and they had some figures left over from WAVE 2 and wave 1 so i saw one MARVEL LEGENDARY HEROES STRYKER 6" FIGURE on sale for $4.99 and so i grabbed it... i was sceptic at first knowing that this would bring some flashback to what had happened 3 months ago so i decided to have the arm lying down next to MONKEYMAN for another month because i don't want to damage this arm.

so finally i got the right erge to pick the arm up and the rest of Monkeyman and TRY AGAIN without another thought the arm SNAPPED in and it wasn't much of an effort... i was finally HAPPY with the completion of MONKEYMAN...but i will be very warry on getting anymore BAF figures.