Battle Stations

hamsterboy

Yea, but do all-new ones, and design them so they can connect and switch parts to make bigger stations.

Awesome idea!

I'm wondering if that giant Millenium Falcon sells if that will affect other lines.

In other words, if it sells, will we start seeing larget Joe playsets?

One can only hope.

Yea, but do all-new ones, and design them so they can connect and switch parts to make bigger stations.

Awesome idea!

I'm wondering if that giant Millenium Falcon sells if that will affect other lines.

One can only hope.

same here.

That Watch Tower was a little cramped. Grunt never did like crawling on his hands and knees tio get into it.

I want a new Check Point.

I would love to see these. The idea of them connecting or having inter-changeable part is a great one in my book. Of course we know that if they were created that it is almost a guarantee that they would be packaged with a figure. I'd prefer greenshirts & cobra troopers, but I'd probably buy them regardless of what they came with.

I would love to see these again. And don't package them with figures! Action figures lines are about more than just the figures themselves.

Retailers insist that a vehicle or playset come with a figure of some kind these days. This is because they claim they have received complaints from consumers who feel that having to buy a separate figure AND accessory is not a good value.

In my mind, interconnecting sets do not even need a clever universal connector to join any of them together, they could just have each set connectible to another of the same set and I'd be happy with it.

Though a bit more design thinking could lead to some really innovative sets and they probably would be really popular.

If they packed them with an army builder-type figure.......heck, CALL the line "Army Builders" and I think they'd have a winner.

I would love to see these again. And don't package them with figures! Action figures lines are about more than just the figures themselves.

The interesting thing about your comment is that all the toys and vehicles and stuff from RAH were meant to be "accessories" to the figures. It wasn't that the Conquest X-30 came with Slipstream, it was that the Conquest X-30 came with Slipstream!

That Watch Tower was a little cramped. Grunt never did like crawling on his hands and knees tio get into it.

I want a new Check Point.

I think Hasbro needs to take a look at the Powerteam stuff. That stuff is great! I mean, compare the Hasbro tower with the PT tower.

pttower.jpghtower.jpg

As for the interconnecting base parts, there was a discussion about it a few months ago. I'll take a look for it.

Battleforce 200........................8?

The Battleforce name is ideal for something like this, call it Battleforce 2020 and project the stuff far enough into the near future to last for a lil bit.

The original BF had the right idea, but the wrong execution. Heck, bring the Steel Brigade soldier ( Steel Brigadier???) into it as a new mainstay and bring on some new soldiers.

That's a really good idea.

I wouldn't mind originals also though, especially if they differentiated them enough from the originals. It'd be nice to have two Outpost Defenders that looked a bit different (say tan sandbags, a "weathered" roof, etc) - it would look more natural that way.

Oh man, please... I hope so! As much as I'd like to get original versions, this would be a great way to get a new Flagg, Defiant, Terrordrome and/or HQ!

I would think it would depend more on how GIJOE sells than Star Wars.

If the large sets do move in the SW line, it MIGHT spark one, maybe two larger items for the Joes--but anything beyond that would depend on how well GIJOE sells as a whole.

Let's face it, Hasbro is being mighty timid with how they are approaching the new figures--what with all the re-used and re-painted characters.

The real clue will be when the movie stuff debuts, how big or elaborate that stuff is........assuming vehicles will be a large part of it.

Remember, retailers are skittish about large footprint items on their shelves, and without the juggernaut appeal of Star Wars, any other line gets the beady-eyed scrutiny. Unfortunately, there's been just a bit too many bad selling large items in recent GIJOE memory that stack the odds somewhat against.

But smaller sets........with figures...............imo, that is DEFINITELY a savvy way to go.

I would think it would depend more on how GIJOE sells than Star Wars.

If the large sets do move in the SW line, it MIGHT spark one, maybe two larger items for the Joes--but anything beyond that would depend on how well GIJOE sells as a whole.

Let's face it, Hasbro is being mighty timid with how they are approaching the new figures--what with all the re-used and re-painted characters.

The real clue will be when the movie stuff debuts, how big or elaborate that stuff is........assuming vehicles will be a large part of it.

Remember, retailers are skittish about large footprint items on their shelves, and without the juggernaut appeal of Star Wars, any other line gets the beady-eyed scrutiny. Unfortunately, there's been just a bit too many bad selling large items in recent GIJOE memory that stack the odds somewhat against.

But smaller sets........with figures...............imo, that is DEFINITELY a savvy way to go.

This is where the movie could help too even if there is not anything big made for the movie line. If the movie really sparks an interest, Joe sales could skyrocket then Hasbro would be more likely to invest more in all the Joe lines with bigger things.