just come from it and ..........

shokker

You know I went in not knowing anything about the movie and I liked it. I thought it was decent. TObe honest I liked the idea of the aliens and with Roswell. I loved seeing the ARK and You know the Gophers were ok. It reminded me a bit of caddyshack but it was there for comedy and I got a chuckle out of it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry those CGI Gophers looked real enough for me and they didn't bother me as it does for some of you

Well, let me ask you this - did they "look" real or did you actually think they were real?

Dinosaurs and aliens are one thing, but when it's an actual animal that everyone has seen at some point in their life, and everyone knows it's fake, it's not real enough. The illustion is lost, the effect is gone.

Maybe they looked real to some people but from the groans in the audience, they didn't fool many in the theatre I was in...

Well since you guys implanted in my head they were CGI I was looking for flaws

I seen none

When I first seen Jurassic Park I knew the Dinos weren't real but my god my mouth dropped during the scene when they were at the wataring hole

I love CGI and embrace it

As for the people in your theater

it looks asif they went in wanting it to fail

The people around me had a good time and laughed

Of course it had to be CGI you can't get real Gophers to do that

A lot of people seem to be having problems with the whole alien thing. My wife really didn't like that aspect either. She said that Aliens didn't fit because Indiana Jones is about artifacts with powers relating to God...which ever God that may be.

But I look at it like this:

What was Indiana Jones Really about? Indiana Jones was an archaeologist (is that how you spell it?). He's an archaeologist in this new movie.

Indiana Jones was collecting artifacts with these wonderfully crazy legends around them. In this new movie, he deals with Mayan and Incan stuff. Both of which have wonderfully crazy legends surrounding them. Some of which involve the theory that Aliens built their civilizations.

Indiana Jones always reflected the times he lived in. In the original movies, he was in the late 30's and he was dealing a lot with Hitler and his fascination with these godly artifacts. In this new movie, we're in the 50's....a time when the red scare was terrifying people...and a time when all of that U.F.O. stuff first started coming into play.

Indiana Jones dealt a lot with religious themes. In this new movie, the same applies. He deals with an ancient civilization's religion and their gods....they're just REALLY different Gods...It's like he says in the movie after he and Mutt see the pictograph of the god with the elongated head and Mutt says God doesn't look like that....Indy says, "That depends on what god you believe in".

So to me...it almost seems like a logical conclusion to go this route. Sure, there are other ways you could have gone..but I really didn't have a problem with this alien thing....or interdimensional being thing (a lot of people are starting to think these "aliens" that people have been seeing for years are actually beings from a different dimension....if you believe in that sort of nonsense).

My problem was with the pacing and overall story/character development of the thing. It just felt a little choppy to me. And of course the Lunacy of Lucas that was spread everywhere.

Indiana Jones always reflected the times he lived in. In the original movies, he was in the late 30's and he was dealing a lot with Hitler and his fascination with these godly artifacts. In this new movie, we're in the 50's....a time when the red scare was terrifying people...and a time when all of that U.F.O. stuff first started coming into play.

Welcome and Hello

I like your take on this

A lot of people seem to be having problems with the whole alien thing. My wife really didn't like that aspect either. She said that Aliens didn't fit because Indiana Jones is about artifacts with powers relating to God...which ever God that may be.

But I look at it like this:

What was Indiana Jones Really about? Indiana Jones was an archaeologist (is that how you spell it?). He's an archaeologist in this new movie.

Indiana Jones was collecting artifacts with these wonderfully crazy legends around them. In this new movie, he deals with Mayan and Incan stuff. Both of which have wonderfully crazy legends surrounding them. Some of which involve the theory that Aliens built their civilizations.

Indiana Jones dealt a lot with religious themes. In this new movie, the same applies. He deals with an ancient civilization's religion and their gods....they're just REALLY different Gods...It's like he says in the movie after he and Mutt see the pictograph of the god with the elongated head and Mutt says God doesn't look like that....Indy says, "That depends on what god you believe in".

So to me...it almost seems like a logical conclusion to go this route. Sure, there are other ways you could have gone..but I really didn't have a problem with this alien thing....or interdimensional being thing (a lot of people are starting to think these "aliens" that people have been seeing for years are actually beings from a different dimension....if you believe in that sort of nonsense).

This is a well written post. I agree with most of it.

This is almost what Universe X posted

CNN.com (AP) - "'Real guy' Indiana Jones ready to return." - See the excerpt below:

"Resurrecting Indy took more than a decade of debate, disagreement and compromise among the film's three principals, Spielberg and Ford disliking a way-out-there initial idea Lucas had.

"It was the three of us, Steven, George and I, coming to agreement on the central notion of it all," Ford said. "I think the original idea is still a large piece of it in the movie, but it's been developed and worked on in ways that made it a lot more palatable to Steven and I."

Though the filmmakers have been tightlipped on the plot, the era -- 1957 instead of the 1930s -- and the trailer's image of a crate marked "Roswell, New Mexico, 1947," imply aliens are involved. Roswell is where UFO buffs claim an alien spaceship crashed in 1947.

Just as the first three Indy flicks were inspired by the supernatural B-movies of the 1930s, Lucas conceded he took his cue for the new film from the equivalent of the 1950s, when B-movies centered on extraterrestrial menace.

Just how far "Crystal Skull" might venture into "E.T." territory remains to be seen, though it clearly was not as far as Lucas wanted..."