just come from it and ..........

shokker

Hey Wheeljack not a dumb question bro...I saw Hellboy II and some others ones that didn't really stand out...save for the one with Brad Pitt where he starts out as a really old prunish wrinkled fetus then as the movie progresses he turns younger and younger...sort of being brought into this world in a reversed way :S it was kinda odd, but the trailer and music and some of the shots were beautiful...

...it's called the Story of Little Jackamo Trotsky or some crap like that...forget to be honest...but nothing else that really grabbed my attention anyways.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...I really don't know where to begin..my head is filled with so much....disbelief, sadness, depression.....gobbledeegook if you will....

Alright...first off, I know that you can't please everyone. Not every single person has the same tastes I get it. The people involved in this film (or heck ANY film, I've seen it first hand myself numerous times) obviously busted their balls to make this film for everyone. Speilberg said he wanted this movie to be for the fans....Harrison was proud of the script, everyone was just ravin' about this picture and it's potential...

...then the theater lights dimmed and the film opens with..........a @##@@ CGI groundhog...?!?!?

Ok I said...alright, no big deal....this is an Indiana JONES movie man! I have never experienced one before in the movie theater...I grew up watching these films because my parents introduced them to me. I remember being scared, excited and just in awe of the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie...it was awesome...truly awesome. Still stands up today in my opinion, I think a lot of people would agree...perhaps it's because of our fond memories mixed with it being a cool movie..I'm leaning towards the latter..but ah..I'm rambling...ok....

Lucas does have a point---"Fans and critics are going to hate it already...they've already made up their movie in their heads and they hate this film" is what he said, or something along those lines. And he is right, you can't really please every single person/fanboy/girl out there.

But this movie was just chock full of bullshit in my humble opinion. I don't think I'm better than anyone and that I am that important to have everyone read my review, but I just had to get this off my chest and heck, why not on a message board eh? :)

I did not mind that Indy got old..that's what happens. What I did mind was a few of the following elements/scenes/things:

****Potential SPOILERS*****

CGI---christ almighty man they really need to tone that #$## down..if it looks like a cartoon....IT IS FAKE! If it's done practical, the human eye has a tough time discerning whether it is real, thus making it much cooler to watch cuz you're like "Wow...did that really happen?" I love CG when it's appropriate--great example? Abe Sapiens eyes in Hellboy...practical make up with CG elements...awesome. Not so awesome? Shia LeBoeuf swinging around in a CG jungle, on CG vines with...sigh...CG monkeys. Mutt fighting Agent Spalko between two vehicles with everything around them being CG..it look fake and stupid and...silly...and well..stupid!

Indy and company going over a CG waterfall not one...but THREE times! It was goofy and I thought Bugs Bunny was going to come out and start dancin' around.

The CG Aliens at the end....christ it looked bad.

Indy in a pit of quicksand asking that crazy old bastard Ox..well yelling actually, he yells at this crazy prick to get him help...he's like "DONT JUST STAND THERE....GO GET SOME HELP!!!" or something like that...why was that even uttered...he obviously goes and gets the bad guys because...well...because there is NO ONE else in the jungle except umm..well them...and the BAD GUYS! And then Indiana is like "Aw geez Ox..why did you get those guys!"..or "Thanks for the help!" or some crap like that.

The way the Alien elements were handled. It was just written and handled poorly I thought...the scene were Indy is looking into the Crystal Skull and then has a mind connection with that crazy old guy....it was just stupid!

I'm so glad Marion was back in the movie...but at points she just seemed like some crazy old senile whacko at points...(although it was kinda neat they got reunited and got married at the end).....but the end..let's talk about that...it was just...I don't know...lackluster...or..felt like the ending of a bad tv movie or something.

Agent Spalko actually SHOWING Indiana an Alien corpse..and then him not even flinching going "Ahhh shucks sweetheart that's just a legend!" (in reference to a story she's talking about...something about a Lost Temple or something?)...geez..yeah it's a fairy tale but.....there's an actual Alien corpse on the table there man!...and then later on in the movie it's like he has some big realization that there are aliens out there....it was just..I can't explain it..maybe I'm not explaining it properly..maybe I'm just so disappointed right now this is all coming out as gibberish....who knows...

Either way I know it's just a movie, and there are more important things to complain about...it's just I've waited for this for a lonnnng time and I wasn't expecting a repeat of the magic that was "Raiders"...but I'll tell you this much, I wasn't expecting me to leave the theater wanting to go home and throw out off the KOTCS merchandise I purchased LoL!

So yeah...there's more stuff but I don't even know if anyone cares..or agrees with me. If you liked the movie, I'm glad...I really am...I like to see people happy LoL...me? And maybe a few others...or more than a few others, I'm not sure....were let down and it just...well sucks :(

Also on a side note, rewatching the other films (Temple and Crusade) it's weird..I remember loving Temple as a kid..now? Some of the parts in that movie are just horrible! And as a kid, Crusade was weak for me..but now, it's awesome! So I don't know if I just can't see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as a kid anymore or it was just a bad movie...either way is sad.

PHEW...there...had to let that out thanks ;)

i felt the same when i came out from terminator3. my girlfriend and my best bud where so scared that i would freak out in the theater. when 400 guys around you where laughing at scenes that had no sense at all. wow i guess i was never that angry at something then there. i tell you when i ever see jonathan mostow, he better runs away. i was so in the terminator 1 and 2 that this was a disaster. ahh yeah good old times. they will never top the 80s again ad i kind of get used to it that the movies arent that intense anymore. in a way i agree with you. back then i didnt care for indiana jones but now i cant even understand why i never bought the dvds? i was a perfect trilogy. funny how the world changes when you grow old. @loll@

Hey Wheeljack not a dumb question bro...I saw Hellboy II and some others ones that didn't really stand out...save for the one with Brad Pitt where he starts out as a really old prunish wrinkled fetus then as the movie progresses he turns younger and younger...sort of being brought into this world in a reversed way :S it was kinda odd, but the trailer and music and some of the shots were beautiful...

...it's called the Story of Little Jackamo Trotsky or some crap like that...forget to be honest...but nothing else that really grabbed my attention anyways.

Was there a Clone Wars trailor?

Okay...I really don't know where to begin..my head is filled with so much....disbelief, sadness, depression.....gobbledeegook if you will....

Alright...first off, I know that you can't please everyone. Not every single person has the same tastes I get it. The people involved in this film (or heck ANY film, I've seen it first hand myself numerous times) obviously busted their balls to make this film for everyone. Speilberg said he wanted this movie to be for the fans....Harrison was proud of the script, everyone was just ravin' about this picture and it's potential...

...then the theater lights dimmed and the film opens with..........a @##@@ CGI groundhog...?!?!?

Ok I said...alright, no big deal....this is an Indiana JONES movie man! I have never experienced one before in the movie theater...I grew up watching these films because my parents introduced them to me. I remember being scared, excited and just in awe of the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie...it was awesome...truly awesome. Still stands up today in my opinion, I think a lot of people would agree...perhaps it's because of our fond memories mixed with it being a cool movie..I'm leaning towards the latter..but ah..I'm rambling...ok....

Lucas does have a point---"Fans and critics are going to hate it already...they've already made up their movie in their heads and they hate this film" is what he said, or something along those lines. And he is right, you can't really please every single person/fanboy/girl out there.

But this movie was just chock full of bullshit in my humble opinion. I don't think I'm better than anyone and that I am that important to have everyone read my review, but I just had to get this off my chest and heck, why not on a message board eh? :)

I did not mind that Indy got old..that's what happens. What I did mind was a few of the following elements/scenes/things:

CGI---christ almighty man they really need to tone that #$## down..if it looks like a cartoon....IT IS FAKE! If it's done practical, the human eye has a tough time discerning whether it is real, thus making it much cooler to watch cuz you're like "Wow...did that really happen?" I love CG when it's appropriate--great example? Abe Sapiens eyes in Hellboy...practical make up with CG elements...awesome. Not so awesome? Shia LeBoeuf swinging around in a CG jungle, on CG vines with...sigh...CG monkeys. Mutt fighting Agent Spalko between two vehicles with everything around them being CG..it look fake and stupid and...silly...and well..stupid!

Indy and company going over a CG waterfall not one...but THREE times! It was goofy and I thought Bugs Bunny was going to come out and start dancin' around.

Indy in a pit of quicksand asking that crazy old bastard Ox..well yelling actually, he yells at this crazy prick to get him help...he's like "DONT JUST STAND THERE....GO GET SOME HELP!!!" or something like that...why was that even uttered...he obviously goes and gets the bad guys because...well...because there is NO ONE else in the jungle except umm..well them...and the BAD GUYS! And then Indiana is like "Aw geez Ox..why did you get those guys!"..or "Thanks for the help!" or some crap like that.

The way the Alien elements were handled. It was just written and handled poorly I thought...the scene were Indy is looking into the Crystal Skull and then has a mind connection with that crazy old guy....it was just stupid!

I'm so glad Marion was back in the movie...but at points she just seemed like some crazy old senile whacko at points...(although it was kinda neat they got reunited and got married at the end).....but the end..let's talk about that...it was just...I don't know...lackluster...or..felt like the ending of a bad tv movie or something.

Agent Spalko actually SHOWING Indiana an Alien corpse..and then him not even flinching going "Ahhh shucks sweetheart that's just a legend!" (in reference to a story she's talking about...something about a Lost Temple or something?)...geez..yeah it's a fairy tale but.....there's an actual Alien corpse on the table there man!...and then later on in the movie it's like he has some big realization that there are aliens out there....it was just..I can't explain it..maybe I'm not explaining it properly..maybe I'm just so disappointed right now this is all coming out as gibberish....who knows...

Either way I know it's just a movie, and there are more important things to complain about...it's just I've waited for this for a lonnnng time and I wasn't expecting a repeat of the magic that was "Raiders"...but I'll tell you this much, I wasn't expecting me to leave the theater wanting to go home and throw out off the KOTCS merchandise I purchased LoL!

So yeah...there's more stuff but I don't even know if anyone cares..or agrees with me. If you liked the movie, I'm glad...I really am...I like to see people happy LoL...me? And maybe a few others...or more than a few others, I'm not sure....were let down and it just...well sucks :(

Also on a side note, rewatching the other films (Temple and Crusade) it's weird..I remember loving Temple as a kid..now? Some of the parts in that movie are just horrible! And as a kid, Crusade was weak for me..but now, it's awesome! So I don't know if I just can't see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as a kid anymore or it was just a bad movie...either way is sad.

i felt the same when i came out from terminator3. my girlfriend and my best bud where so scared that i would freak out in the theater. when 400 guys around you where laughing at scenes that had no sense at all. wow i guess i was never that angry at something then there. i tell you when i ever see jonathan mostow, he better runs away. i was so in the terminator 1 and 2 that this was a disaster. ahh yeah good old times. they will never top the 80s again ad i kind of get used to it that the movies arent that intense anymore. in a way i agree with you. back then i didnt care for indiana jones but now i cant even understand why i never bought the dvds? i was a perfect trilogy. funny how the world changes when you grow old. @loll@

LOL SHOKKER!! Honestly man, you have no idea how much I agree with you on T3.....hoooo boy I was gonna LOSE it when I saw that! Not only do I remember breaking up with my gf of 2 years that week but I thought at least...at the VERY least T3 wouldn't let me down and that would give me SOME joy in an otherwise dreary situation...

...yeahhh...not so much. I agree Jonathan Mostow is a giant fuckbag. That guy had NO business putting that stupid fruity scene with that dumb male dancer and then Arnie putting on those 'funny' glasses..and then going "Talk to dah hand!"....groan! What a JOKE! The female villain was so weak she was LAST week and the action was shot so piss poorly...granted its hard to live up to Cameron as that guy is a master when it comes to action...but khrist on a cracker that was sloppy!

And what about that goofyass scene with Doctor Silberling from T2 who shows up at the cemetary there....SOOOO not funny in any way shape or form.

So yeah...Indiana Jones was really crappy :(

And now Wheeljack man, I would have definately remembered a Clone Wars trailer. That movie better be cool..however Lucas has really let me down with his last attempts at film so I dunno....it's so weird, that guys intentions from what I see on special features are sooo noble and good...but for some reason he just makes everything turn to crap...stale, lifeless crap you don't care about....bah! Bitter much eh? LoL

LOL SHOKKER!! Honestly man, you have no idea how much I agree with you on T3.....hoooo boy I was gonna LOSE it when I saw that! Not only do I remember breaking up with my gf of 2 years that week but I thought at least...at the VERY least T3 wouldn't let me down and that would give me SOME joy in an otherwise dreary situation...

...yeahhh...not so much. I agree Jonathan Mostow is a giant fuckbag. That guy had NO business putting that stupid fruity scene with that dumb male dancer and then Arnie putting on those 'funny' glasses..and then going "Talk to dah hand!"....groan! What a JOKE! The female villain was so weak she was LAST week and the action was shot so piss poorly...granted its hard to live up to Cameron as that guy is a master when it comes to action...but khrist on a cracker that was sloppy!

And what about that goofyass scene with Doctor Silberling from T2 who shows up at the cemetary there....SOOOO not funny in any way shape or form.

So yeah...Indiana Jones was really crappy :(

And now Wheeljack man, I would have definately remembered a Clone Wars trailer. That movie better be cool..however Lucas has really let me down with his last attempts at film so I dunno....it's so weird, that guys intentions from what I see on special features are sooo noble and good...but for some reason he just makes everything turn to crap...stale, lifeless crap you don't care about....bah! Bitter much eh? LoL

So we can say the f word here now?

anyway I just came back from seeing it a second time, and it was MUCH better imo. See a little familiarity with the scenes and the characters makes a huge difference.

Well, I saw it earlier today. My two cents:

I have been a huge lifelong fan of Indiana Jones. It ranked right up there with Star Wars in my household when I was growing up. So of course I had alot of anticipation and great expectations for this film ever since rumors began swirling about a fourth movie years ago. And I was always sad to think of The Last Crusade as the last entry in the series. So needless to say I really, REALLY wanted to see this movie. And I was kinda disheartened to read and hear of early bad reviews.

Now that I finally got to see it myself, I have to say I LOVED LOVED LOVED it!! Yeah, there were some over-the-top moments of course, but every other Indy movie had those as well. I loved how they portrayed some of the prominent elements of the 1950s; UFOs, the Red Scare, atom bomb testing, hot-rodding and drag-racing, Roswell; all of those things you associate with the Fifties just made it very interesting.

Also, I personally have always been fascinated with the notion that aliens visited the ancient world and that they could have had a hand in civilization, namely concerning the Aztecs and/or Incans. The way they tied the mysteries of UFOs and the Aztecs and all that stuff was just great. I loved it.

I loved how they did the whole opening shot of the gopher mound that fades into frame in place of the "Paramount Mountain" as is a signature shot in each Indy movie. Funny...

Loved Shia LeBouff's character, and he played well off of Ford's Indiana.

I loved the nods to Marcus Brody and Indiana's father. If they couldn't be in the movie themselves, it was nice for them to be mentioned in some way.

I could just go on and on about everything I loved. I just can't remember everything to list here. I'd like to see it again to be honest, so maybe some of it can sink in. I did notice an abundance of CGI shots, but to me personally it wasn't too distracting. I do agree that movie-makers rely way too much on it these days though...

The only part I thought leaned to the silly side was the whole Mutt-Williams-swings-through-the-trees-with-the-monkeys-like-Tarzan scene everyone's talking about. Yeah...that was stupid. I'll agree. But every awesome movie must be allowed at least one stupid scene; right? (lol)

I just loved it. Really. And they kept referring to Indiana Jones's military record in World War II, and it seems like they called him "Colonel Jones" at one point when the Feds are questioning him about helping the Russians. Made me want to know more about his military experience. He talked about some missions he and Max what's-his-name had been on. Interesting...

It had a huge twist of an ending, and it was very unexpected, but awesome considering how they lead up to it. Indiana Jones sums up the whole alien mystery in one sentence, and it fit perfectly cosnidering what they found in the temple. It kinda reminded me of (SPOILER ALERT!!!) the first National Treasure movie at the end, and that was ironic to me considering National Treasure reminded me of a modern Indiana Jones story in the first place, but anyway...

I see where expectations were high, and I understand where many of you guys are coming from. But me personally, having been a huge Indy fan all my life, I can recommend this movie in complete confidence and would love to see it again. Great movie.

Oh god, that was... just terrible. I mean, there were some good parts - Harrison was pretty good as "Old Indy". Shia was surprisingly very good... well, maybe not that surprising but as far as I knew he was the "unknown/untested element" to this movie. Little did I know (I avoided spoilers and no commercials I saw mentioned it) that this would be Indiana Meets the Martians.

I mean, really, that's a terrible idea right off the bat. Let's face it. Indiana Jones had a successful, entertaining formula. It's like James Bond. You can't make James Bond a spy against aliens and make it work.

Besides that, they were so over the top with it. Did we really need to see a big Independence Day style alien face at the end? Did anyone really think that was "cool"?

I went into this with a very open mind - if anything, I was looking forward to a great new Indiana Jones movie, but overall I was very disappointed. Lucas... man, I don't know what to say. He's just shown himself to be so out of touch these days...

what twist?

I don't think he was in the military.. OSS as a spy though

more fitting

The part where there turned out to be real aliens, one of which that came back to life. Also the giant inter-dimential spaceship that comes out from underneath the Myan(?) temple. That twist. (lol) Seriously, I think of it as a twist because I don't think anyone expected Indiana Jones to be mixed-up with aliens.

And that whole military part...I was kinda unclear about that. Somehow I didn't catch everything they were saying. I just Googled the OSS. Very interesting! I didn't know that was pretty-much how the CIA got started. I'm like you amazingdm in that it would make perfect sense for Dr. Jones to get involved considering all the globe-trotting he had done and experiences he had.

what twist?

more fitting

The part where there turned out to be real aliens, one of which that came back to life. Also the giant inter-dimential spaceship that comes out from underneath the Myan(?) temple. That twist. (lol) Seriously, I think of it as a twist because I don't think anyone expected Indiana Jones to be mixed-up with aliens.

That's not really a twist, since they established that connection from the very beginning of the story. It would have been a twist if they had kept the origin a mystery for the entire film up until the end, but all that spaceship stuff at the end wasn't a surprise at all.

what twist?

more fitting

That's not really a twist, since they established that connection from the very beginning of the story. It would have been a twist if they had kept the origin a mystery for the entire film up until the end, but all that spaceship stuff at the end wasn't a surprise at all.

Well, I meant mainly it was a twist for me since deep down I'm not sure I expected it to turn out to be real. I guess I've watched too many X-Files episodes and been disappointed or something. (lol) It was a very cool ending IMO. I guess it was just me wondering if somehow at the end it would all have been explained away or something. So it was a cool twist to me anyway...

And amazingdm, I promise I didn't mean what I said as being a smart-@$$ towards you. I promise man. It's just to ME it was a big twist because like I said I guess I didn't really expect them to go all the way and have the aliens be real. But I loved it...

To me it would of been cool if this movie was a lead into Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Or if the Russians were after the Ark

I mean there it was the Ark I couldn't believe I was seeing it again

I like d this movie there were alot of people around my age there

We were all teens when the origional came out

Well, I meant mainly it was a twist for me since deep down I'm not sure I expected it to turn out to be real. I guess I've watched too mnay X-Files episodes and been disappointed or something. (lol) It was a very cool ending IMO. I guess it was just me wondering if somehow at the end it would all have been explained away or something. So it was a cool twist to me anyway...

Well, I can see where you're coming from. For me, I could see it coming, but didn't believe they would actually go that far, if you know what I mean. When they showed the alien come to life, I was like, "really? they actually DID that?" and then the image of the flying saucer was just too much. I mean, I knew Lucas was capable of that kind of disappointment (Episode I) but even though Spielberg has been sometimes hit or miss, I didn't think he'd let it go that far. Even worse was that guy saying "they're from another dimension". Ugh. I mean, people were actually laughing at the end of it in the theatre.

So yeah, in that sense it was a surprise, sort of. Just not a good one.

I'm getting the impression that so many people WANTED to love this movie that they're concentrating on the good parts - all the action, dialogue between Indy and the rest, all that stuff was classic - but the film just doesn't work as a whole. Putting Indiana Jones with space aliens is like putting James Bond with space aliens. It just didn't mix well.

All that WWII spy stuff Indy talked about sounded like it would have made a great movie. Too bad they couldn't use CG to make his face look younger and set him against the Nazis again. Instead, we get CG groundhogs that looked straight out of a Star Wars movie... :(

what twist?

more fitting

Well, I meant mainly it was a twist for me since deep down I'm not sure I expected it to turn out to be real. I guess I've watched too many X-Files episodes and been disappointed or something. (lol) It was a very cool ending IMO. I guess it was just me wondering if somehow at the end it would all have been explained away or something. So it was a cool twist to me anyway...

And amazingdm, I promise I didn't mean what I said as being a smart-@$$ towards you. I promise man. It's just to ME it was a big twist because like I said I guess I didn't really expect them to go all the way and have the aliens be real. But I loved it...

dude calm down haha I didn't take it as such

I didn't like the scrubs janitor in there

and I have a diner in town (johnny rockets, overpriced crap) that is TOTALLY like the one from back to the future

Putting Indiana Jones with space aliens is like putting James Bond with space aliens. It just didn't mix well.

I really was tempted to think the same way whenever I heard rumors that aliens might be invoived in this one. I thought, "Aliens? In an Indiana Jones movie?? No way!!" BUT...I've always been fascinated with all the conspiracy theory/unsolved/unexplained mysteries of the world, and to work some of that stuff into an Indiana Jones movie, especially when it involves ancient civilizations and treasures and temples and that sort of stuff, it just made perfect sense to me personally. I loved how they tied it all together into the UFO craze of the 1950s. I just loved it.

Years ago in my Spanish class in high school, as part of a project I did I copied this ancient Aztec drawing of what looks like a spaceman in a flying ship of some kind, and that kinda got me interested in the far-flung theories of aliens or even time-traveling or inter-dimensional beings that visited ancient civilizations like the Mayans or Aztecs, that led to some of their methods of building, farming, etc. So to me the movie went right along with some of that stuff, and I thought it was great personally.

dude calm down haha I didn't take it as such

I didn't like the scrubs janitor in there

Okay good. I read that later and though, "He must think I'm being a smart-@$$." (lol)

And yeah; THAT'S who that guy was!! It was bugging me the whole time wondering where I had seen him. Heh...

Putting Indiana Jones with space aliens is like putting James Bond with space aliens. It just didn't mix well.

I really was tempted to think the same way whenever I heard rumors that aliens might be invoived in this one. I thought, "Aliens? In an Indiana Jones movie?? No way!!" BUT...I've always been fascinated with all the conspiracy theory/unsolved/unexplained mysteries of the world, and to work some of that stuff into an Indiana Jones movie, especially when it involves ancient civilizations and treasures and temples and that sort of stuff, it just made perfect sense to me personally. I loved how they tied it all together into the UFO craze of the 1950s. I just loved it.

Years ago in my Spanish class in high school, as part of a project I did I copied this ancient Aztec drawing of what looks like a spaceman in a flying ship of some kind, and that kinda got me interested in the far-flung theories of aliens or even time-traveling or inter-dimensional beings that visited ancient civilizations like the Mayans or Aztecs, that led to some of their methods of building, farming, etc. So to me the movie went right along with some of that stuff, and I thought it was great personally.

Yeah I'm aware of all that stuff. It's interesting, and it may have even worked, but they went too far with it. Keep it in the background, you know?

For example, having the spaceship and alien at the end (and even seeing the body at the beginning) would be like having God himself, as an old man with a beard just like in Michelangelo's paintings, come down at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark and start killing off the Nazis with lightning from his hands like Emperor Palpatine. It's cheesy. They might have been able to pull it off if they had retained a sense of mystery, but it was too in your face.

Those CG gophers too, ugh. The more I think of it, the more I dislike them. They just looked so fake.

OK i finally saw this film and I have to say I love it! People online with their negative comments had me thinking it was going to be a disappointment but nearly each time something came on the screen that online folks were bitching about it ended up not being as bad as they were making it out. The CGI prairie dogs at the beginning looked fine. I thought they looked real. I however did not like that they showed back up 2 other times for seemingly no reason other than a cheap laugh. It had George Lucas' name written all over it. I think that was honestly my old real problem with the film besides some technical complaints;

Technical Complaints

1. Mutt Williams swinging on the vines would have been better had he not been such a natural at it but it really wasn't all that bad. Reading people's comments had me thinking he was going to do the Tarzan yell. It was just a guy swinging on vines through the jungle.

2. The native warriors that came busting out of the one temple. I didn't really understand that. They broke right out of these little stone chambers as if they had been sealed in there since the temple was built. These did not appear to be zombie warriors. How did they survive in there? I mean if they were just normal guys then what do they do? Get one in the morning, eat breakfast, and then go seal them self in an ancient temple just in case someone comes waltzing through?

3. At the end where the big ship was coming up from under the ground and there was practically a huge tornado I thought it was unrealistic that Indy's hat just stayed on his head. He should of been holding it down as to keep it from flying off.

It was surreal seeing Indy in that mock town with the nuclear blast. And the alien thing may have seemed off the beaten path but the paranormal is the paranormal. I might not rank it up there with the originals but the originals have a nostalgia factor and that is something this or any other Indy film will never be able to capture.