JoeCon 2008 3 3/4" Figure Preview

The Wire

This was the figure I was waiting to see. It determines whether or not I buy this set. The original B.A.T. is my favorite Joe figure of all time. This poorly conceived kit-bash wannabe doesn't do it justice.

I would've much rather have seen them spend the $ on retooling the torso from the V1 instead of the backpack and attachments. And, what's wrong with using the original V1 legs? Everyone knows those molds are easy to find.

I'm sorry to say, I won't be buying this set, unless the Joe selection absolutely blows my mind.

Prolly the best figure of the set. I passing on this set. I really don't like blue headhunters. IMO this is the weakest con sets in years.

this is cool and all, but i wanna see what joes are in this set, so far we see is shock wave..

There are no Joes in the 15 figure set. However, rest assured, the chances are good that the 3-pack for this set sold through the club store will be Low Light, Long Arm and Shockwave.

There's a part of me that said "these guys are being too harsh"... then I looked and I find myself in agreement with "these guys".

The overwhelming use of only 2-3 colors on each figure is almost painful. I'm not even getting into what those colors ARE- It's called detail, make some use of it! Seeing Headhunter look practically monochromatic when he has a belt right there on the sculpt to break up the color is just sad and lame. The BATs are just silver, black, and BORING. It's made even more sad when you think that by adding splashes of one color (yellow, no less!) these same colors were made dynamic over 20 years ago. This is just one huge (sad) step backward.

I don't know what you guys are looking at, but I've actually come around to liking these figures! I'll buy the box set and a loose set, selling off some to help cover the cost, but I'll end up with 1 gristly, probably all 4 head hunters, maybe about 4 stormtroopers, and at least 8 of the BATS.

The BATS are actually what convinced me. They look plenty awesome IMO.