Is 25th Major Bludds helmet removeable?

EvilGenius

it comes off, but isn't intended to be removable, unless you want a bald major bludd with a gaping segment of his head removed where the helmet is glued in..

Ah frak, I've been wanting a hatless Bludd for years. :(

I can cope with the Zartan body, I can cope with no elbow articulation on the armoured arm, but this is too much. The prototype head looked much better and had the advancement of removeable headgear.

I suppose its saved me some cash as Ebay and importing is expensive.

Ah frak, I've been wanting a hatless Bludd for years. :(

I can cope with the Zartan body, I can cope with no elbow articulation on the armoured arm, but this is too much. The prototype head looked much better and had the advancement of removeable headgear.

I suppose its saved me some cash as Ebay and importing is expensive.

DTC Bludd's helmet is removable.

I can cope with no elbow articulation on the armoured arm, but this is too much.

NO ARTICUATION ON THE CYBERNETIC ARM??? Is that true?? If so thats just Bull%^$#!

I was perfectly ok with Bludd, but a no bend arm is Duke arms to the 1000th degree!

Are you KIDDNG!!?!?!?!!

So Hasbro's big move to "get Bludd right" was to use 85% repainted parts (none of which are particularly suited for the character, the focal point of which is that to recolor the figure [Zartan] to fit Bludd's needs means coloring two completely different parts of the outfit [the undershirt and the chest armor] to seem like one solid piece when clearly they're not), to ruin the arm with zero articulation "to be accurate", and now to have remolded the head so that the helmet *Isnt* removable???

Wow... you know, there's drop the ball, and then there's kick the ball off a bridge, into a garbage, then burn the garbage can in effigy of Fans everywhere.

Are you KIDDNG!!?!?!?!!

So Hasbro's big move to "get Bludd right" was to use 85% repainted parts (none of which are particularly suited for the character, the focal point of which is that to recolor the figure [Zartan] to fit Bludd's needs means coloring two completely different parts of the outfit [the undershirt and the chest armor] to seem like one solid piece when clearly they're not), to ruin the arm with zero articulation "to be accurate", and now to have remolded the head so that the helmet *Isnt* removable???

Wow... you know, there's drop the ball, and then there's kick the ball off a bridge, into a garbage, then burn the garbage can in effigy of Fans everywhere.

I was perfectly OK with Bludd being reused parts, I'm OK with him not having a removable helmet, I'm OK with the 'mouth-breather' head sculpt. But that no elbow joint is just making me so mad!! Once Bludd shows up in the mail he's got a date with an M-80!

I'm curious - where is this information coming from? I do not see any sources cited or pictures posted, aside from the early ebay version. The two images (promos) I've found do not clearly indicate one way or the other if the arm is jointed or not. Did someone actually get their hands on one?

I can cope with no elbow articulation on the armoured arm, but this is too much.

NO ARTICUATION ON THE CYBERNETIC ARM??? Is that true?? If so thats just Bull%^$#!

I was perfectly ok with Bludd, but a no bend arm is Duke arms to the 1000th degree!

I just picked Bludd up, last night, and I too was miffed that his right (cybernetic?) arm didn't have any points of articulation at the elbow, like the original fig. That was my only gripe about the original one, and they repeat it. I was really looking forward to a v1 styled Bludd with a working elbow.

Question answered. Makes me wonder if I should wait for a version 2. I'm sure Hasbro has gotten enough hate mail about it to consider a fix. Worked for the Duke arms and the diaper crotch. (Duke arms being fixed was stated in the last QA session, though oddly, I did not see a link to that one here anywhere... saw it on gijoeclub.com - April Q&A)

The last answer I saw regarding the Duke arm is that they've intended to fix it since day one, but they can't until it's out of production... but since they've been using the arms for *someone* constantly since the summer, there's been no timeframe between production runs to modify the tools.

So technically, they *have* said it's being fixed... at some indeterminate future date when suddenly they stop using Duke's arms for every third figure in the line!

As far as Bludd, the no-articulation arm thing has been know since Toy Fair... I'm surprised it's still shocking people. And again I say... *this* is what Hasbro's designers considered "Getting it just right"? I don't see it.

Also, Bludd's arm is not cybernetic, not robotic. It's just fancy blast-shield armor to protect him from the backblast of his hand cannon.

Wow......... and I thought Bludd was crappy before I read this...... I somehow missed the fact that he did not have any elbow articulation till now :( I think he will be joining Ace as the only two figs I hate!!

Draven

Are you KIDDNG!!?!?!?!!

I was perfectly OK with Bludd being reused parts, I'm OK with him not having a removable helmet, I'm OK with the 'mouth-breather' head sculpt. But that no elbow joint is just making me so mad!! Once Bludd shows up in the mail he's got a date with an M-80!

Well people aren't complaning (so much lol) about the reused body parts. From what I can tell comparing the pics of the "wave 7" Bludd and the "wave 8" Bludd, the only difference is....

THE HEAD?!?

#WTF#

How the hell did they screw up the figure when everything but the head and right arm are reused parts? And since the right arm is the same on both figures that means they screwed up the head AFTER the wave 7 pics were taken.

man! that's bad news! guess i'll wait for a better version! i'm sure someone on here will come up with an easy way to improve him, there'll be tons of extra figures to cannibalize from.

The head doesn't really bother me, the removeable helmets tend to be more trouble then they are worth as they always fall off or don't sit straight on the head. The non-articulated bionic arm doesn't bother me much. The only thing about the re-used Zartan parts that bothers me is the skull belt buckle, but since it's only noticible if you are really looking at the figure close up I can live with it. What bothers the crap out of me with this figure is the stupid rockets on his backpack that at the slightest touch fall off. It sounds like a cool idea on paper to have his gun use reloadable rockets and to have the rockets on his backpack be useable, but in practice they just fall off to damn easily.

The head doesn't really bother me, the removeable helmets tend to be more trouble then they are worth as they always fall off or don't sit straight on the head. The non-articulated bionic arm doesn't bother me much. The only thing about the re-used Zartan parts that bothers me is the skull belt buckle, but since it's only noticible if you are really looking at the figure close up I can live with it. What bothers the crap out of me with this figure is the stupid rockets on his backpack that at the slightest touch fall off. It sounds like a cool idea on paper to have his gun use reloadable rockets and to have the rockets on his backpack be useable, but in practice they just fall off to damn easily.

Something else I didn't know....

It's easily fixed, but still.. @grumpy@

man! that's bad news! guess i'll wait for a better version! i'm sure someone on here will come up with an easy way to improve him, there'll be tons of extra figures to cannibalize from.

My formula for a decent custom:

Major Bludd head, right arm, and dog tags.

HISS Driver chest/waist & belt

Cobra Trooper left arm

Red Star legs

A lotta bit of brown paint, and at least he'll look like Bludd.

Here an idea...

I was planning to cut off Major Bludds arm around the elbow area and drill it out enough to glue one of my extra 25th Black Snake-eyes rights arms (which I'll have to also modify) into the place where the end point of his "Glove" meets, dremel a hole to attach the lower arm to the upper arm, and there you have it.

Now, all I need is the Major Bludd figure to do this with.

db

What bothers the crap out of me with this figure is the stupid rockets on his backpack that at the slightest touch fall off. It sounds like a cool idea on paper to have his gun use reloadable rockets and to have the rockets on his backpack be useable, but in practice they just fall off to damn easily.

JayC--use the all-purpose cure-all: a lil' dab of poster putty. They should hold fast once you use that stuff.