Who is Hotwire?

majik40

I was reading the filecards for Gristle, Headhunters, Stormtroopers, & Headhunter B.A.T.s over at Master Collector and noticed that the BAT's card mentioned a character name Hotwire. I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but it has got me wondering: Is he an existining character that I just don't remember or is he a new character (like Lt. Clay Moore) that Master Collector has created?

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll end up getting this set, but they are steadily growing on me for some reason.

The club tends to surprise us with a rare or unproduced character figure for the past couple of years. This would be nice despite the fact that I never ever played the game....but he would be cool to own nevertheless.

Hotwire also had a cameo role in the DDp Transformers Crossover. He was one of the techs wworking on rebuilding the Autobots and Deceticons into Cobra weapons. As far as I remember, he didn't have a speaking role, nor was he identified by name, but his distinctive goggles over spikey brown hair, and his speciality as a robot designer guy make it an obvious nod.

Lastly, he was included on the cover to DDP #33, which featured a group shot of G.I.Joe's enemies (from the Identified Threat Matrix... not just Cobra).

A lot of fans that never even paid attention to the card game learned about Hotwire from that comic cover... but he's definitely one of those notable "New Sculpt" Era characters that serves a need (granted, a redundant one when Dr. Knox already exists) but never actually received a "new sculpt" figure...

this is cool a new character, but the name hot wire was also a transformer right,

Yep, he was character back in G1 (Super God Masterforce) according to Seibertron.com

this is cool a new character, but the name hot wire was also a transformer right,

Yep, he was character back in G1 (Super God Masterforce) according to Seibertron.com

I don't mind borrowing some of the robot mythos. ;)