Who Is Going To This Years GI Joe Convention In Dallas, TX

lldjslim

I would love to go but can't afford the high cost these days. Gas, food, hotels, plane tickets, you name it its just too expensive for me this year. But I know I will miss out on some cool stuff at the convention this year.

I think I will just order my set on line.

This years convention set looks pretty good. The box art is awesome.

I just hope that next years convention is closer to were I live.

Is it time for the this obligatory thread already!? I guess so. :D

I will be there. Year #6 in a row for me as an attendee. I did my first as an at-home guy. For all of you missing it this year, be ready for the shin-dig next year. You won't wanna miss it!!!!

I'm highly considering it, but I agree with the cost of gas/hotel/convention I may not make it either.

Well, to be fair, the cost of the hotel has been pretty static for the last couple of years. Ranges between $130 -$140/night....still steep, but a good price considering an ES room typically goes for $200+. The cost of the con set went up only $6 or $7 this year. It's the gas cost that will get ya this year. But really, if you have not made plans to be there this year already, it is kinda too late....unless like Shane and you live in the area.

BTW....BAT pics are up......

i wana go too.but no money, so i too will be getting online, i hope the next GI Joe Convention is in NY

HEARD IT FROM THE GRAPE VINE THAT IT WILL BE IN RHODE ISLAND NEXT YEAR BECAUSE OF THE GIJOE MOVIE JUST LIKE THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIE!

I WILL BE THERE :)

i wana go too.but no money, so i too will be getting online, i hope the next GI Joe Convention is in NY

HEARD IT FROM THE GRAPE VINE THAT IT WILL BE IN RHODE ISLAND NEXT YEAR BECAUSE OF THE GIJOE MOVIE JUST LIKE THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIE!

Yea, that's kind of the general consensus at this point. On one hand, it would be nice as we would get a chance to get a tour of Hasbro. Downside is the location. I can think of a lot better places to have a convention that would be more entertaining.

YES!!!!! thank you GILTYONE for the info. Road Trip.. and its not that far away..

I'm highly considering it, but I agree with the cost of gas/hotel/convention I may not make it either.

Shane- Give me a holler, and you've got a place to crash. I have to be there because I'll have a table and have my class this year.

We EXPECT you there Gil!

Frak.....Providence.... clapsarcastic.gif

Once again, what is good for the robot fans is good enough for us. Ugh........

Yea, that's kind of the general consensus at this point. On one hand, it would be nice as we would get a chance to get a tour of Hasbro. Downside is the location. I can think of a lot better places to have a convention that would be more entertaining.

I agree 100% George. I want a return to New Orleans!! ;)

I originally had intentions of making this years con, but I ended up having to start a new job and move so I won't have the vacation days nor the funds this year. If next years is in RI, I doubt that I'll make that one either. That's just too far away for me. I'll agree that a return to New Orleans would be great, especially since I'm only a few hours north of there.