mattel's DC universe change?

pooda

Maybe this will work:

dsc03973xb2.th.jpg

And I see that Robin IS much smaller than Nightwing.

Pretty cool. So they aren't just reusing the same body afterall.

Maybe this will work:

dsc03973xb2.th.jpg

And I see that Robin IS much smaller than Nightwing.

Pretty cool. So they aren't just reusing the same body afterall.

...which opens up the doors to the possibility of more Teen Titans!

i think that aquaman is a little smaller than bats or supes. i think that they will make flash a little smaller, but that suit, that suit is used too much. they use the same body for most of the figs but it works...the suit just looks like the same fig, i cant get around it no matter what color it is.

Oh, I have no doubts there will be a variety of bodies as the line goes on, and I completely support the reuse of bodies if it works and gets us character variety. I'm just dismayed that we don't have that large a variety right now so I can do my customs. :)

As far as the suit, it's largely a matter of the details. You can use the same body for half a dozen muscular characters, and as long as you change up the details and limbs a bit, it'll work. Not so much with a suit. From the neck down, a guy in a suit is a guy in a suit. Very few characters are going to be packing wild colors and varying glove/boot cufflines.

So I can see your point, and I see where the problem is... but I'm not sure that there really is a solution. Having multiple bodies of guys in suits will end up the same monotony you're complaining about now, but with the added expense of additional sculpting and production to make parts that, for all intents, already exist. Bruce Wayne in a suit and Lex Luthor in a suit will be virtually identical (disregarding the head), and there's really nothing about that that making more suit molds will fix.

i think that aquaman is a little smaller than bats or supes. i think that they will make flash a little smaller, but that suit, that suit is used too much. they use the same body for most of the figs but it works...the suit just looks like the same fig, i cant get around it no matter what color it is.

Oh, I have no doubts there will be a variety of bodies as the line goes on, and I completely support the reuse of bodies if it works and gets us character variety. I'm just dismayed that we don't have that large a variety right now so I can do my customs. :)

As far as the suit, it's largely a matter of the details. You can use the same body for half a dozen muscular characters, and as long as you change up the details and limbs a bit, it'll work. Not so much with a suit. From the neck down, a guy in a suit is a guy in a suit. Very few characters are going to be packing wild colors and varying glove/boot cufflines.

So I can see your point, and I see where the problem is... but I'm not sure that there really is a solution. Having multiple bodies of guys in suits will end up the same monotony you're complaining about now, but with the added expense of additional sculpting and production to make parts that, for all intents, already exist. Bruce Wayne in a suit and Lex Luthor in a suit will be virtually identical (disregarding the head), and there's really nothing about that that making more suit molds will fix.

its not the fact that they use the same body, reuse is fine! the sculpt of the suit is what bothers me. i dont like the fact that the pants are so tight. i think that the movie masters "joker goon" has a nice sculpt, and in comparison with c.kent, two-face, and that riddler fig (coming soon) it looks a hell of alot better. has anyone noticed that the dcsh suit body looks exactly like(or damn close) a closed jacket version of ML9 professor x body(give or take a few details). plus i dont want a "day at the office" bruce wayne, i want "fly-guy, pimp in versace(is that spelled right?), superduper playboy" bruce wayne! i dont think thats asking too much....better than the same, lame a$$, "bruce to bats" theyre always giving us!

i also wanted everyone to know that i HATE the dcsh bane legs.....so i gave him some new ones!

Picture182.jpgPicture184.jpg

im not a big fan of ball joints....period! but they just seemed like a better choice than the "gap" legs.

what figure did those legs come from? how easy was it to do?

i took a lcsh marv, cracked him open, removed the peg, and glued the two pieces together. just that simple. wish it had the dcsh belt

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture182.jpgimg-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture184.jpg

its not the fact that they use the same body, reuse is fine! the sculpt of the suit is what bothers me. i dont like the fact that the pants are so tight. i think that the movie masters "joker goon" has a nice sculpt, and in comparison with c.kent, two-face, and that riddler fig (coming soon) it looks a hell of alot better. has anyone noticed that the dcsh suit body looks exactly like(or damn close) a closed jacket version of ML9 professor x body(give or take a few details). plus i dont want a "day at the office" bruce wayne, i want "fly-guy, pimp in versace(is that spelled right?), superduper playboy" bruce wayne! i dont think thats asking too much....better than the same, lame a$$, "bruce to bats" theyre always giving us!

they need to do the fillers(lois, alfred, jimmy) as two packs