The New GI Joe Movie Is Gonna Kill Off The 25th Anni. Line

lldjslim

Just when the 25th anni. line was getting better something has to come along and ruin it. And guess what that is.

I just have that gut feelin' that if the new GI Joe movie does well in the box office, the 25th anni. line will be on the endangered species list.

Thats why we better enjoy this line while it last because when that GI Joe movie hits, Hasbro will then be making and putting more focus into GI Joe toys based off the GI Joe movie, and then the 25th anni. line will eventually fade off into the distance and be put on hiatus.

And then if the GI Joe movie does really well, then there will probably be a sequal to the GI Joe movie. Then a new generation of kids is born into the GI Joe movie based world.

So the 25th anni. line has about 1years worth of life left.

The only thing we can hope for is that the GI Joe movie is a flop and the toys based off the GI Joe movie don't make Hasbro any profit.

When the GI Joe movie finally comes out, lets all do each other a favor and don't go and see it. If you have kids don't even take them to see it.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope the GI Joe movie BOMBS at the box office.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to stay away from the theater just because some people are paranoid that if the movie does well that the 25th line will go away. I plan on seeing it no matter how bad it looks just so I can at least come back here and complain.

Just when the 25th anni. line was getting better something has to come along and ruin it. And guess what that is.

I just have that gut feelin' that if the new GI Joe movie does well in the box office, the the 25th anni. line will be on the endangered species list.

Thats why we better enjoy this line while it last because when the movie hits, Hasbro will then be making and putting more focus into GI Joe toys based off the movie, and then the 25th anni. line will eventually fade off into the distance.

And then if the movie does really well, then there will probably be a sequal to the movie. Then a new generation of kids is born into the GI Joe world.

So the 25th anni. line has about 1years worth of life left.

The only thing we can hope for is that the movie is a flop and the toys based off the movie don't make Hasbro any profit.

PS Don't Go And See The Movie

PPS they'll be the same figures, just different characters.

-Kevin

I just have that gut feelin' that if the new GI Joe movie does well in the box office, the 25th anni. line will be on the endangered species list.

Your gut is wrong.

I have it on reasonably good authority that 25th-style Joes and comic packs are continuing right through and well past the release of the movie product and will continue for the foreseeable future.

The movie stuff is going to run parallel to the regular lines, from what I understand.

dude the main joe line may go away for a bit when the movie hits but it will be back hopfully with sigma figures back on shelfs too but right now your line is safe unless hasbro starts using aliens and "day glow"colors in joe then it will be safe

wait

I highly doubt with the sucess they are having with the 25th, that it will stop.

As they have stated they will keep the same idea through the movie and beyond.

Lets hope the Movie brings them more money, to do stuff we really wanna see like, larger vehicles and playsets.

having the Joe Movie become a sucess, is only good news for the Property.

Anyway you look at it the best thing that can come form the movie is new Joes and vehicles and new toys. Myself I always wanted to see the team evolve. New joes new vehicles. I mean I was onlt in the military for 20 yrs so why should any joe stay in there for 30 or 40 yrs and you expect him to be just as kick a** as he was 20 yrs ago. LOL It is ok lets just hom they keep 'em coming. YO JOE!

The 25th line is ending anyways :P .....I know, I know, I am splitting hairs. I know you mean the 25A style figures. People are predicting a lot of doom and gloom. Just chill out and wait.

A successful movie would probably be the only way Hasbro makes larger vehicles and headquarters for the Joes and Cobras. It's the only time they do that stuff for Star Wars. They are doing that arena/Cobra Mountain remolded temple playset for Indiana Jones because of the movie. I say bring the movie stuff on.

Not to mention, a failed movie and a failed accompanying toy line aren't going to automatically bring back the 25th Anniversary line. In fact, if they fail bad enough, they might kill the Joe brand altogether for a while, and we don't get ANY Joe product on shelves for a few years (or longer).

The 25th Anniversary line is not the runaway success that some people seem to think it is. It sells through, but it's also produced in much smaller numbers than the truly "big bucks" successful toy lines (Star Wars, Transformers, Power Rangers, etc...). How can you tell? Look at how much shelf space (or lack thereof) it has compared to those lines. Generally about 1/3 to 1/2 as much, if that (and a lot of places still either don't carry them or don't even have "permanent" shelf space for them).

In any case, the important point is that wanting the movie and more importantly the movie toy line to fail is going to hurt the Joe brand a heck of a lot more than success. If you look at Hasbro's prior handling of properties with two "incarnations" to draw from, they're pretty good about keeping the "classic" stuff out there: Star Wars still puts out plenty of Original Trilogy stuff, Transformers is returning to "Classics" later this year, etc... I don't see any reason to assume they won't do the same thing with G.I. Joe. Even if "classic" characters don't ship alongside the movie-branded line, we'll almost certainly start seeing them towards the end of the year, or the middle of the following year at the latest.

guy the movie will not kill the 25 anny line its for us the the true joe fans. not the kids . if the movie blows and it will the line will live but the movie toys will suck lol. look how well the line is doing now. it will stay that way as long as hasbro don't get lazy with the line.

im not worried about the 25th line either way its for us. as long as we buy them up they will stay.

guy the movie will not kill the 25 anny line its for us the the true joe fans. not the kids . if the movie blows and it will the line will live but the movie toys will suck lol. look how well the line is doing now. it will stay that way as long as hasbro don't get lazy with the line.

im not worried about the 25th line either way its for us. as long as we buy them up they will stay.

Agreed. If the line hasn't died by now it ain't gonna anytime soon.

Your gut is wrong.

I have it on reasonably good authority that 25th-style Joes and comic packs are continuing right through and well past the release of the movie product and will continue for the foreseeable future.

The movie stuff is going to run parallel to the regular lines, from what I understand.

Yeah, and considering Hasbro did the exact same thing with the Star Wars line, it's pretty damn likely that this will happen with the Joes, now that the line has proven to be a success.

Nothing to worry about.

Evidence...?

I just have that gut feelin'

Ah. Well, that's exactly the same as having facts and reliable projections to work from.

The only thing we can hope for is that the GI Joe movie is a flop and the toys based off the GI Joe movie don't make Hasbro any profit.

Yes... because the average consumer won't associate all things Joe with the movie they don't like. They'll look at the pegs and think "oh thank god the retro stuff is still there!" and not "why the sam hill are they still trying?" Hasbro will beg for our forgiveness and flood the market with 25A stuff rather than just yanking it all and trying again in a few years, as they've done every other time similar things have happened.

Obviously, what happens in your gut has no bearing on reality.

Evidence...?

I just have that gut feelin'

Ah. Well, that's exactly the same as having facts and reliable projections to work from.

Yes... because the average consumer won't associate all things Joe with the movie they don't like. They'll look at the pegs and think "oh thank god the retro stuff is still there!" and not "why the sam hill are they still trying?" Hasbro will beg for our forgiveness and flood the market with 25A stuff rather than just yanking it all and trying again in a few years, as they've done every other time similar things have happened.

Obviously, what happens in your gut has no bearing on reality.

I like that last line as well.

I guess the OP doesn't realize that, if the movie DOES tank and the movie toyline flops....why the hell would Hasbro continue anything ELSE Joe related?

Your gut is wrong.

Yeah, and considering Hasbro did the exact same thing with the Star Wars line, it's pretty damn likely that this will happen with the Joes, now that the line has proven to be a success.

Nothing to worry about.

And it's also happening with the Transformers stuff as well. Oh I forgot. The success of the movie sunk the Classics line. @smilepunch@

I thought Hasbro had said at NYCC that there would be both lines at the same time. I can't remember 100% though

Hasbro has stated several times in several different QnA's that the 25th line will run tandem with the movie line. If the movie tanks then maybe we will at least get some new accessories and such out of it.

I just hope they don't go crazy with shooting weapons and action features for the movie figures.

wow. just wow. this clearly has to be the worst thread ever posted on this forum. and there have been a lot of bad ones.

how do you enjoy G.I. Joe at all, nevertheless live your daily life, with something so trivial as this bearing on your psyche.

yes, let's all rob ourselves of something we may enjoy just because lldjslim is terribly afraid of anything G.I. Joe that is not just a rehash from the 80's. well conceived plan, obviously you are having no problem wrangling up the troops to such an inane proposal.

Your gut is wrong.

Nothing to worry about.

And it's also happening with the Transformers stuff as well. Oh I forgot. The success of the movie sunk the Classics line. @smilepunch@

Aren't they bringing Classics back though?

Anyway, GI Joe has a lot more in common, overall, with the Star Wars line. As interest in SW dies down, they're probably looking at "replacing" the void with GI Joe, to a certain degree. It's very similar to what happened in the '80s.

The reason I say that because it is a live action movie.

The new movie should have been a cartoon like it was back in 1987.