Got to love figure swappers

Crimson Twins

Ha, Ha, ha,, ha

Poor fool, he's getting a Valor vs. Venom version of Wild Weasel.

Thats is too funny. The sucker who is bidding on it thinks that it is a rare item.

Thats why its is important to KNOW YOUR JOE.

"I'm not expert on G.I. Joe but . . . . . ." = avoid.

Yeah...people like this are ones to stay away from. I remember a guy awhile back trying to sell terrible quality Transformers Alternators KOs, and claiming that he "Didn't know anything about transformers."

so y dont u guys say somethign to the seller?

so y dont u guys say somethign to the seller?

I think everyone is assuming that he knows full well what's going on. Saying something to him really accomplishes nothing. Saying something to ebay is pointless- he never said it was the original figure, there are pictures, buyer beware and all that.

Saying something to the bidder/buyer is really the only way to try to head things like this off.

He's got 100% feedback though. Hmmm...... I wonder if he's ever pulled something like this before? @hmmm@

Thats why its is important to KNOW YOUR JOE.

I believe it's "knowing is half the battle" :P

He may be completely innocent and think that he has some rare variant. Not everyone knows what to look for and for all we know he could have been looking through the 2 packs, saw a bunch of red WW's and one black/red one and thought it was some sort of variant.

Then again he could have pulled a fast one.. You can never tell anymore.

Why would a swapper put up something he obviously knew was a fake? That would totally discredit him on ebay. I think a swapper would know better and just take it back to the store where he bought it. Less chance of the person at the customer service desk, who doesent care, noticing his swap than all the scrutinizing collectors on ebay. I think this guy is an innocent uninformed bystander.

Aaah, America - how awesome is it to take advantage of the uninformed? Gee, I wish there was a way to apply that to other aspects of life?

I feel bad for the buyer. However, caveat emptor, and all that.

Maybe after the sucker finally visists Wal-Mart and he sees that same comic book pack w/ a different Wild Weasle and for less money. Then he would know that he was scamed.

I guess the least he could do right now is to give the seller negative feedback.

Wow, poor guy!

Maybe after the sucker finally visists Wal-Mart and he sees that same comic book pack w/ a different Wild Weasle and for less money. Then he would know that he was scamed.

I guess the least he could do right now is to give the seller negative feedback.

obviously he knows that there is a regular version for $10; he thinks this is a variant which is why he is buying it for so much, which also inherently means he knows there must be a regular version. you can't know think there is a variant without knowing there is an original. I'm not sure how seeing the real one on the shelf would convince him that he has been scammed when he has to know there was a real one to begin with to think there is a variant worth what he is paying for it. I'm not following your logic.

I think this guy is an innocent uninformed bystander.

I agree, putting up something that is a known sham is an awful risk on eaby.

I don't know. His wording just seems like it's vague enough to dispell any kind of liability. He says he doesn't know GI Joe that well. He says that he would say it is rare, but isn't saying that it is for sure. Then, he throws in the 'you decide,' placing any and all blame on the buyer themselves. It just seems a bit odd the way everything is worded just right. Seems a bit shady. But there's nothing the buyer can do. He's getting exactly what he saw in the pic. And he's get exactly what was described in the auction. I just think it's sad that the buyer got screwed in the end. But then, maybe the buyer should have done some better research themselves.

I think this guy is an innocent uninformed bystander.

I agree, putting up something that is a known sham is an awful risk on eaby.

I don't know. His wording just seems like it's vague enough to dispell any kind of liability. He says he doesn't know GI Joe that well. He says that he would say it is rare, but isn't saying that it is for sure. Then, he throws in the 'you decide,' placing any and all blame on the buyer themselves. It just seems a bit odd the way everything is worded just right. Seems a bit shady. But there's nothing the buyer can do. He's getting exactly what he saw in the pic. And he's get exactly what was described in the auction. I just think it's sad that the buyer got screwed in the end. But then, maybe the buyer should have done some better research themselves.

True. I got the same feelin when I was reading the descriptions; it is as if he is saying he doesn't know much about joes, but knows this is rare to avoid getting in trouble by ebay or by the buyer. I mean, he is saying along the lines like "I am confident this is a rare item, but I know jack about gi joes. So, you the buyer should decide whether or not this is a sought off item by bidding."

I'm of a bit of a different mind on this thing.

None of us here are in danger of being suckered by something like this......so what's there to worry about?

If someone isn't clued in about what to collect and what not to--its not my problem.

Doom on them.

Is the seller in the wrong? Nah, its his item to sell in the first place.

Is billing it as something its not wrong..........yea, probably, but how can anyone qualify whether the seller knows or not.

Caveat Emptor means "let the BUYER beware", not "have the seller be honest".

Nope, no empathy for either party in this case. Those that know, will not get screwed--those that do not know..........<cue Nelson's laugh>.

You know the other thing that's wierd , is that there were actually 5 people gullible enough to bid on it ..LOL

Actually, all considering, that is not that surprising. @lol@

How about this one:

TOMAX XAMOT RIPOFF

"SOMEONE HAD ONE OF THESE ON EBAY A WHILE BACK. I GOT THIS FROM A GUY WHO SAID IT IS REAL BUT SOLD IT TO ME TO CHEAP TO BE REAL. BUT I BOUGHT ANYWAY BECAUSE IT LOOKS GREAT. THE BACK AT THE TOP LEFT HAS A LITTLE PAPER LOSS AND EDGE IS A LITTLE SOFT. THE GLUE AROUND EDGES IS COMPLETELY SEALED AND WAS NOT TAMPERED WITH SO IF IT IS A CUSTOM IT IS A GOOD ONE. GOOD LUCK BIDDING. I AM GOING TO SELL THIS AS A CUSTOM EVEN THOUGH I DON'T THINK IT IS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANYONE COMPLAINING WHEN THEY GET IT. I DON'T KNOW THAT'S IT SO GOOD LUCK."

So, he doesn't think it's real, but he's gonna sell it for $150 anyway?

How about this one:

TOMAX XAMOT RIPOFF

"SOMEONE HAD ONE OF THESE ON EBAY A WHILE BACK. I GOT THIS FROM A GUY WHO SAID IT IS REAL BUT SOLD IT TO ME TO CHEAP TO BE REAL. BUT I BOUGHT ANYWAY BECAUSE IT LOOKS GREAT. THE BACK AT THE TOP LEFT HAS A LITTLE PAPER LOSS AND EDGE IS A LITTLE SOFT. THE GLUE AROUND EDGES IS COMPLETELY SEALED AND WAS NOT TAMPERED WITH SO IF IT IS A CUSTOM IT IS A GOOD ONE. GOOD LUCK BIDDING. I AM GOING TO SELL THIS AS A CUSTOM EVEN THOUGH I DON'T THINK IT IS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANYONE COMPLAINING WHEN THEY GET IT. I DON'T KNOW THAT'S IT SO GOOD LUCK."

So, he doesn't think it's real, but he's gonna sell it for $150 anyway?

@loll@ That's Hilarious! I do fell for the poor sucker who'll bid on that!