Where the hell are the SF revolution series 1 figs at??

EvilHayato

SF Revolution series 1, or what i like to call Series 5, were supposed to have been out or at least announced as to coming out (or at least shown pics that arent just protos). All i keep seeing is SOTA releasing more and more new things that ARENT part of the sf "figs": Ibuki, Sagat and Blanka statues as well as new cthulu statues but nothing on the sf figs. I mean did anyone see any new pics at this years comic cons so far? i sure didnt. I m just really frustrated because it would be so nice to have them when they are actually supposed to come out instead of delay after delay. I love SOTA but im so burned on them with their delays and now seems cancellations on some (darkstalkers anyone?) which ive been waiting for both since 05 when they were all originally shown and announced.. i mean that anakaris fig looked soooooooo damn good, they all did really..

I really can't wait for Zangeif, Dhalsim, and E. Honda. I agree...they should just get them out already. I know being a small company they have limitations and complications that we know little about, but still. I can't wait for these figures...possibly my 3 favorite Street Fighter characters, and we have to wait and wait and wait...

i realize they are small and have hard times pushing stuff out, but i mean its kinda reminding me of how shocker is. They show all these bitchin products and licenses, and then you never see it. Then they start showing off other new stuff like a year later and youre like wtf? Whats aggravating me the most is i m seeing more of their statues than i am of the figures. I just dont think they realize that the street fighter license they hold is their biggest cash cow IMO. (or maybe they do and that is why they are venturing off doing statues so much)

If you look through the forums you can find the letter that sota posted over on fwoosh. Basicaly because of factory problems, blah blah blah same excuse same excuse these were pushed back until July. Now i'll beleive that date when I see it.

ahhhhh crap... even longer than i was thinking... damn. They really have been getting crapped on... seems like alot of figure companies are getting factory problems, either be it trust issues or just malfunctions. no good.

i cleaned up my street fighter figs last night and i was thinking about the same question? where are they and whats going on? it takes so long to get them and as you say, they release so many other stuff and the fighters seems to never see the day. but i have a little theory about it. capcom will release a new game this year and i think they will get delayed until the game comes out too. i hope i am wrong but it would make sense in a way

capcom will release a new game this year and i think they will get delayed until the game comes out too. i hope i am wrong but it would make sense in a way

funny you should say that, because capcom put up a poll for who we would want as action figures from street fighter 4. They allow 3 choices of the main announced roster, sans akuma which makes me sad... very sad.

btw they are releasing 2 street fighters this year... but really technically only 1 new one. Super turbo HD Remix is supposed to be still coming out this year. Its also street fighters anniversary i believe.. but i can never keep track...capcom likes to remind us about every anniversary. I think its SF2's. There is alot of street fighter stuff happening this year though, with the new street fighter tribute art book coming out, the new movie being in production and possibly coming out?, the 2 new games, new statues and new figs.. Its alot to be busting out all at once and im super happy.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear you.

I'm upset that SOTA might be losing the license...but after all the constant latenesses of SF and the cancellation of Darkstalkers, the new version of SOTA has really dropped the ball here. I was hopping that with SF4 coming out that they could stage a huge comeback and turn things around, but it's been disaster after disaster. I'm expecting Revolution Round One to be the last of SOTA's SF figures. I mean, Capcom can't be too thrilled with SF being held up with delays and Darkstalkers being canceled?

NECA is trying to get the SF4 license. If they get it, then we'd probably get 4 Horseman designed figures faster. And it would be a hell of a time for new customers to start collecting, with all the old SF2 characters AND the relevant new characters.

Here is the proof: NECA wants the SF4 License

It's the second post, last paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...

I think CAPCOM doesn't really care about delays as long as they get paid. I agree Revo1 has been pushed back for a bit long but as long as I get quality figures then I wont complain.

I dont really care much for SF4. To me, it's just a fancy version of Street Fighter with some goofy looking new characters. Will it be greater game than the previous SF series? We have to see.

So far, I think the SOTA is waiting for Zangief. Most of the figures are complete. They mentioned what put them on hold was they are trying to work on the articulation. SOTA and the China factories often have misunderstandings and there's much needed to be changed. Articulations don't always work the way you want them to. You can see a lot of useless joints with the Toybiz Marvel Legends but SOTA's SF figs are always functional(but ofcoz, often too loose)

Also, you can't blame SOTA for the Dark Stalkers. They tried their best to get the line in production but there's just not enough orders to get them made.

i thought the previews sold quite well.. everywhere i had looked they were sold out.. but really all they were were just akuma bodys with a ken and ryu head ... not really a "change"... ... but i am so saddened by darkstalkers.. i wanted some nice quality figures of them for so long... and finally one of my all time favorite characters, lord raptor, would be coming in wave 1! the only thing that wouldve made me happier was to have bishamon in that same wave... woulve been so tight.