DC Direct Figures that fit well with the Mattel Figures

fisticuffs

Hey guys, saw some people doing this on the other board with Marvel Select and Hasbro, so I'm wondering, does anybody know of dc direct figures that fit in well with the mattels as far as scale and size are concerned?

I think the Superman/Batman Darkseid works well as well as Kilowog from the GL series1. Most of the DC Direct figures release before 2004 (Around the Hush Batman series) should be close to 6" scale and fit in well with the Mattel 6" figures.

I have in my DCUC display the Green Lantern Guardians, those two fit in pretty good. I also have Kilowag and the ManHunters. For Batman I got the MadHatter, he looks cool.

The huntress (hush fig) fits with the DC line. I wonder if IC powergirl fits. Hopefully, the 4hm will sculpt her for the mattel series. I wonder which version they would use.

As somebody already mentioned, the mad hatter fits. I would also think Killer Croc from the Rogue Gallery line would fit as well sincehe is suppose to be bigger than Batman and the detail is similar to a DCUC series. The DCSH croc is alright, but the lack of wash on his pants, the lack of knee and elbow articulation. and the use of the more cartoony Batman toy series look makes him feel out of place with the DCSH and the DCUC line.

I don't know Mongul from Infinite Crisis can fit in, he was way out of scale within his own series, he was a huge monster. Others posted that Green Lantern/Guardians/Kilowgg would fit and I totally agree. Black Hand and Parallax also fit pretty good. Everything else I have of DCD stays in the package so I wouldn't think of anything else.

I don't know Mongul from Infinite Crisis can fit in, he was way out of scale within his own series, he was a huge monster. Others posted that Green Lantern/Guardians/Kilowgg would fit and I totally agree. Black Hand and Parallax also fit pretty good. Everything else I have of DCD stays in the package so I wouldn't think of anything else.

Mongul is actually huge in the IC comic, which the toy is based off of, so it is in scale. In issue 1, there is a scene that mongul fights the trinity and he is shown to be that big.

The Hush Gordan fits in well, as do all of the Hush figures really. Scale has been a problem with some of the DCD figures though. Stay away from the Justice series if except for Plastic man who is great and can be posed all sorts of ways. Although from what I've been told the first DC figures from Mattel (Superman, Batman etc.) are a little on the short side so be wary of them too.

Here's a few shots of my DCD figures mixed in with the Mattel figures. Judge for yourself.

toyroom025.jpg

toyroom017.jpg

toyroom018.jpg

The DC Direct Infinie Crisis Mongul will fit in scale wise better then the DC Superheroes line. Mongul is supposed to be bigger that Superman.

Actually there are 2 Monguls, Mongul I. and Mongul II. Mongul I the original is bigger than Superman . He is 7ft tall and so the Mattel DCSH figure is correct sice it towers over Superman and is over 7 inches tall. Mongul II is his son and is much larger than his father. He was in the IC line and is in the proper scale.