Where is the Flash and Joker?

JohnnyRebelV2

.i will give you this the marvel movies are better than DC,but thats all they have going for them.

thats only because Marvel puts out a new movie every other month, so they have the law of averages going for them...but lets be honest a good 95% of them are awful movies

Lets not forget that Marvel Legends Wave 1 was Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America.......and Toad. Seriously, Toad. Lets not pretend that Marvel Legends put out all the top characters first. Assuming that angry guy wants figures in order of importance, Marvel should have released Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, and Iron Man in wave 1.

Spiderman's first figure was wave 10!

Wolverine was in wave 3! (never mind he was way too tall)

Punisher was in wave 4!

Is DC's distribution of characters all that bad? Superman and Batman were released before the line even started, as were most of their big villains. In early waves we are getting a classic Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. Are you so angry because you didn't get Flash yet. I'm sure he'll come out, so chill out.

I guess the angry guy would rather have the first few waves have the big JL characters so that by wave 7 everyone can complain about the low level characters being released that only hardcore fans care about with a bunch of repaints/alternate uniform a-listers. Saving some good characters to look foward to in latter waves is not such a bad thing.

Is it really better to get all the good characters up front and then complain about how almost every damn wave has a Wolverine figure in it? Honestly, did you really need 10 Wolverines? But that's who sells. So we are going to see a Batman or Superman in every wave.

I like Marvel and DC characters and movies (well, outside of any movie with a 3 in it, haha). I was a hardcore Marvel guy as a teenager but as I got older I grew to appreciate DC's more sophisticated stories and characters. I'm sorry, Marvel just seemed like it was aimed at younger kids. It's not a matter of one is good, one sucks. It's just a preference.

Louis

Marvel needs a Crisis of Infinte Earths event to fix the screwed up crap they've been dishing out lately. I mean serious, I like Marvel and DC equally for the characters, but I can't even read Marvel stuff lately. Crappy stories, one after another, and crappy changes to cool characters abound.

Anyway, this person is just a troll looking for attention. Ban him, can him, let's move on as we await the next waves of DCU in the coming months.

I've been into comics for about 35 years (showing my age here). I read mostly Marvel comics as a kid because I got large lots secondhand from my cousin and he was a Marvel comics fan. I dipped sporadically into DC, specifically Etrigan The Demon, Green Lantern, Firestorm, and Hawkman. As I got older I expanded my DC readings. I like alot of things about both companies, but mostly I just like superheros. Both companies have their fair share of great, iconic characters who could headline a comics title, a movie, or an action figure line/wave. But supporting characters are every bit as important as the A-listers. Just look at online DCUC and ML want lists or battle boards or respect threads, and you'll see that just about every character (in either company) is loved/hated by someone. I want an Amazing Man figure (DCUC) and a Count Nefaria figure (ML), and it doesn't make me any more second-rate than someone who wants (insert character name here). I like what I like without apology. I own just about every ML character made and I hope to say the same of DCUC when they're as deep into the DC roster. I just happen to love superhero action figures. DCUC is on fire right now because their figures are amazing. And if it gets Hasbro to raise its game, its win-win for me. Mattel has the DC license for 5 years. They can't just shoot their load in the first year. It just wouldn't make good business sense.

Sorry for rambling but I'm old, and we old folks do that some time.

I've been into comics for about 35 years (showing my age here). I read mostly Marvel comics as a kid because I got large lots secondhand from my cousin and he was a Marvel comics fan. I dipped sporadically into DC, specifically Etrigan The Demon, Green Lantern, Firestorm, and Hawkman. As I got older I expanded my DC readings. I like alot of things about both companies, but mostly I just like superheros. Both companies have their fair share of great, iconic characters who could headline a comics title, a movie, or an action figure line/wave. But supporting characters are every bit as important as the A-listers. Just look at online DCUC and ML want lists or battle boards or respect threads, and you'll see that just about every character (in either company) is loved/hated by someone. I want an Amazing Man figure (DCUC) and a Count Nefaria figure (ML), and it doesn't make me any more second-rate than someone who wants (insert character name here). I like what I like without apology. I own just about every ML character made and I hope to say the same of DCUC when they're as deep into the DC roster. I just happen to love superhero action figures. DCUC is on fire right now because their figures are amazing. And if it gets Hasbro to raise its game, its win-win for me. Mattel has the DC license for 5 years. They can't just shoot their load in the first year. It just wouldn't make good business sense.

Sorry for rambling but I'm old, and we old folks do that some time.

I am so happy someone else wants Amazing Man. Not the new version (seriously I am black and I live in a major city and have never seen someone black dressed like the latest version of Amazing man) give us the classic version, heck DC should go back to the classic outfit too!

Also everything you said was true.

Johnny really doesn't know what he is talking about. Marvel makes more money than DC because the masses are still stuck in the Marvel zombie mode thanks to the 90's X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons. People forget that X-Men was going to get cancelled until they revamped it. Anyone who is reading or have read both DC and Marvel in the past 20 or more years can attest to DC being better to their characters and just overall writing better stories. Marvel has cheated on EVERY major storyline it has ever had, I remember being caught up in the whole X-Men thing and getting each new saga before I realized their was never a real ending with merit. DC has done more to develop their characters personalities and the reasons and motivation behind their characters. Check it out people! Only place DC is lacking is in the movies, but DC has better cartoons, toys, and comics.

Is it really better to get all the good characters up front and then complain about how almost every damn wave has a Wolverine figure in it? Honestly, did you really need 10 Wolverines? But that's who sells. So we are going to see a Batman or Superman in every wave.

And it's still not bad when you consider the wide variety of those characters we're getting.

Wave 1 gave us 'classic' Bats.

Wave 2 was Superman Red/Blue- say what you want about the story, but at least it's a Superman we haven't seen a million times before.

Wave 3... we have Nightwing and Robin; I guess you can call them a Batman stand-in.

Wave 4 has Batman Beyond! Who saw that coming? Honestly!

Wave 5 has Eradicator standing in for Supes. The non-fans (and retailers) think they're looking at Superman in funky battle gear, but the fans know better. ;)

The point is even in putting 'marquee' characters like Superman and Batman in every wave, Mattel is mixing it up enough to not bore anyone. They are miles away from doing the sort of lame Wolverine repaints that have become expected of ML (and I say that as a huge ML fan). Maybe later down the line in a few years, we'll start to get nonsensical, non-comic costume variants and such... but let's burn that bridge when we come to it.

And it's still not bad when you consider the wide variety of those characters we're getting.

Wave 2 was Superman Red/Blue- say what you want about the story, but at least it's a Superman we haven't seen a million times before.

Wave 3... we have Nightwing and Robin; I guess you can call them a Batman stand-in.

Wave 5 has Eradicator standing in for Supes. The non-fans (and retailers) think they're looking at Superman in funky battle gear, but the fans know better. ;)

The point is even in putting 'marquee' characters like Superman and Batman in every wave, Mattel is mixing it up enough to not bore anyone. They are miles away from doing the sort of lame Wolverine repaints that have become expected of ML (and I say that as a huge ML fan). Maybe later down the line in a few years, we'll start to get nonsensical, non-comic costume variants and such... but let's burn that bridge when we come to it.

what people arent understanding is.....the heads of companies rarely know anything about what theyre making, it's the team they hire that does all the work. that being said....a toy company's main goal is to SELL! that means to everyone! every comic based toy company does the same marketing as the other. both put headliners in every wave so that you can associate them with characters that you dont already know. for some reason my son loves the ml sinister fig(calls him the vampire???) but he doesnt know him as a character, he seen him on the back next to spidey and said " i want the spiderman vampire" im thinking morbious....hes thinking sinster. its a ploy to get kids intrested in the figs by saying that all of these figs go together. its a toyfare issue(the one talking about the onslaught wave) where jessie falcon say this is exactly why marvel does that with every wave, and this was the first time since wave 4 that they put all unknown characters(unknown by children) in a single wave. i dont think that its fair to assume dc figs are peg warmers, because they ship mass amounts of figs so that everyone gets one....not that b.s. marvel does(7 figs in a series, 4 reg, 2 shortpacked, 1 chase.) it takes forever to assemble one team, youre always missing something.

what people arent understanding is.....the heads of companies rarely know anything about what theyre making, it's the team they hire that does all the work. that being said....a toy company's main goal is to SELL! that means to everyone! every comic based toy company does the same marketing as the other. both put headliners in every wave so that you can associate them with characters that you dont already know. for some reason my son loves the ml sinister fig(calls him the vampire???) but he doesnt know him as a character, he seen him on the back next to spidey and said " i want the spiderman vampire" im thinking morbious....hes thinking sinster. its a ploy to get kids intrested in the figs by saying that all of these figs go together. its a toyfare issue(the one talking about the onslaught wave) where jessie falcon say this is exactly why marvel does that with every wave, and this was the first time since wave 4 that they put all unknown characters(unknown by children) in a single wave. i dont think that its fair to assume dc figs are peg warmers, because they ship mass amounts of figs so that everyone gets one....not that b.s. marvel does(7 figs in a series, 4 reg, 2 shortpacked, 1 chase.) it takes forever to assemble one team, youre always missing something.

No, we all understood it... well, the two people you quoted, anyway. We're all in agreement that certain characters are in there to 'headline' the wave and sell the figures to the non-fans. Batman and Superman, especially- we can argue all day about whether the general public knows GL or Aquaman, but we don't have to, because there's a big blue boy scout or a dark knight detective in every wave, or a very, very close substitute. The point I added was that because the people doing the lineups are obviously DC fans, we get cool comic-based variations rather than 'Neon Ninja Superman' or some costume variation that we already had several times before the line became DCUC, so even the people who are sick of Batman/Superman have something new to look forward to and/or should recognize that they are trying to please the fans even as they cater to the non-fans.

No, we all understood it... well, the two people you quoted, anyway. We're all in agreement that certain characters are in there to 'headline' the wave and sell the figures to the non-fans. Batman and Superman, especially- we can argue all day about whether the general public knows GL or Aquaman, but we don't have to, because there's a big blue boy scout or a dark knight detective in every wave, or a very, very close substitute. The point I added was that because the people doing the lineups are obviously DC fans, we get cool comic-based variations rather than 'Neon Ninja Superman' or some costume variation that we already had several times before the line became DCUC, so even the people who are sick of Batman/Superman have something new to look forward to and/or should recognize that they are trying to please the fans even as they cater to the non-fans.

i never said that they didnt....but some of the people on this board dont. im talking to them.

.i will give you this the marvel movies are better than DC,but thats all they have going for them.

thats only because Marvel puts out a new movie every other month, so they have the law of averages going for them...but lets be honest a good 95% of them are awful movies

I am a Marvel comic- collector, but a fan of both Universes' characters.... and Marvel movies SUCK SUCK SUCK! Spiderman 1 and 2 are pretty much the only good flicks they did.

DC's movies are better, hands down.

I am a Marvel comic- collector, but a fan of both Universes' characters.... and Marvel movies SUCK SUCK SUCK! Spiderman 1 and 2 are pretty much the only good flicks they did.

DC's movies are better, hands down.

...and ironman. that was good, but dc movies are better

I'm not a Marvel fan but there are some movies I do like from them and some I hate(Punisher,Daredevil)

As for DC Steel and that so called Catwoman which had nothing to do with Selina Kyle or the Bat were bombs

We do need a Green Lantern movie

I do wish they would bring back Access who is in charge of the gate between both Universes and have another crossover.

I love Mattel's approach to the DCU Classics line. DC has so many fun characters to mine from that it would be stupid to just do the JLA members and a handful of B and C listers every wave. I think both DC and Marvel have a far deeper roster of characters than the OP is aware of. Crap, at this point Mattel could do 5 waves of figures on the Justice Society Of America alone, and an entire wave of Sinestro Corps War characters (BAF Anti-Monitor anyone?). As was previously mentioned, ToyBiz didn't just shoot out endless variations of the Avengers - they spaced them out pretty well after the first 2 or 3 waves. Based on the inclusion of characters like the New Gods and Etrigan alone, I'd say this line is aimed squarely at DC comics fans more than casual fans of the DC A-listers. As much as I love Barry/Wally/Bart, I'll gladly wait a while for the Flash if it means more love for characters who haven't ever been in a mass market, detail-centric line before. The fact that we are getting Deathstroke and Solomon Grundy is the same wave alone is enough to warm the cockles of my heart.

I feel bad for the hardcore Marvel-only guys out there - Marvel screwed them over big time taking the license away from ToyBiz.

i dont read dc comics anymore only marvel but i have to say i think mattel is doing a good job so far. do i want to see certain characters now? yes, everybody does and that is the problem these companies have is that no matter what characters they put out somebody is going to complain. the only reason i started buying these was when i saw an ad for wave 3. all the characters in that wave r awesome characters that i wanted to see them do. of course most of the characters i enjoy are apparantly what they consider second tier characters. and this topic originally seems to be about dc universe figures and as someone that only picked up 4 figures from the dc superheroes line i hope they do rerelease or resculpt the iconic superman and batman and others from that line(MODERN SUPERGIRL MATTEL PEOPLE). one question tho, did batman ever look like the wave 1 figure in the comics? cause to me that looks like the superfriends version. oh and i dont consider myself a marvel fan or dc fan just a comics fan. just my 1 cent.

one question tho, did batman ever look like the wave 1 figure in the comics? cause to me that looks like the superfriends version. oh and i dont consider myself a marvel fan or dc fan just a comics fan. just my 1 cent.

Yes he did look like that in the comics, throughout most of the 60's, 70's, & 80's.

May as well throw in my two cents... while I am more of a Marvel fan, I gotta say that saying things like DC fans are second rate is obviously a cry for attention. Comparing Marvel to DC is like comparing Coke to Pepsi, so I don't really see the value of an opinion based "fact" as you called it.

So what's the problem with spreading your big players over a few waves? Like I said, I'm more of a Marvel guy, but DC has a rich and colorful history! Sure, I will admit that I don't know alot about the different and less popular charcters comming out, but I am aware of who these people are, and I am just a casual DC fan. If anything, it makes more sense spread out the big guys, so it's not just the hardcore collectors/fans who are buying these by wave 8 (don't forget kids like toys too) I mean doesn't it make sense to have parents/kids buy a few figures over a few months rather than having a "JLA" wave and be done with it? Kind of seems like you would want to put a one or two heavy hitters in each wave, to make both casual customers and hardcore collectors happy. Again, just two more cents being thrown in...

May as well throw in my two cents... while I am more of a Marvel fan, I gotta say that saying things like DC fans are second rate is obviously a cry for attention. Comparing Marvel to DC is like comparing Coke to Pepsi, so I don't really see the value of an opinion based "fact" as you called it.

So what's the problem with spreading your big players over a few waves? Like I said, I'm more of a Marvel guy, but DC has a rich and colorful history! Sure, I will admit that I don't know alot about the different and less popular charcters comming out, but I am aware of who these people are, and I am just a casual DC fan. If anything, it makes more sense spread out the big guys, so it's not just the hardcore collectors/fans who are buying these by wave 8 (don't forget kids like toys too) I mean doesn't it make sense to have parents/kids buy a few figures over a few months rather than having a "JLA" wave and be done with it? Kind of seems like you would want to put a one or two heavy hitters in each wave, to make both casual customers and hardcore collectors happy. Again, just two more cents being thrown in...

i like your 2 cents! i agree 100%

i used to collect everything that marvel released...that is until i grew up and relized that marvel story's suck.seriously what has marvel done that compares to any of the crisis story's.nothing and most of all the marvel legends since hasbro took over sucks also.there is not one character in the marvel universe that can compare to a batman or superman.i will give you this the marvel movies are better than DC,but thats all they have going for them.

God Bless,

JC #US1#

That is true, none of Marvel's characters can be compared to Batman and Superman. That's because DC is written by pansys for pansys. Marvel pulls in more money every year than dc could dream of. Dc didn't go bankrupt because Ted Turner owned them and he would support most of his failing companies to no end. Take WCW for example. It lost money every year but Ted loved it so Ted kept it until the AOL merger and he lost his ownership and power.

personally i think you are full of crap.dc comics have led the way in storys and figures for years.i still reda marvel,but very few,(spoiler)i mean marvel killed capt.america when this country needed a hero in comics and now he's been away trying to get back to earth.come on its almost as bad as the clone saga and thats one story arch that everyone wants to forget.marvel has graet characters i will give you that,but can yopu say other than cap,spidey,ff,iron man,and very few others can even start to compare with green lantern,flash,wonder woman,or even a deathstroke?no you cant and am i the only one that is sick of wolvrerine being in every damn book....yeah he's a loner alright.

get a clue dumb@$$ dc comics have better storys,characters,and figs than marvel has.can you name one character up to the standards of a batman or any other dc a listers?i doubt it.wolverine,cable,and many others have had seies that have gotten cancelde how many batman,superman books are there that sells monthly?because unlike wolverine you can always tell a story withe them without having to re-write their origin to make money every other month.

Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to say something here.

get a clue dumb@$$ dc comics have better storys,characters,and figs than marvel has.

This is no more a 'fact' than anything Johnny said to begin with. Telling him to 'get a clue' because something else is 'better' is just silly.

can you name one character up to the standards of a batman or any other dc a listers?

I could. But I'd like you to define 'standards' and 'a lister' first... actually, no, I wouldn't like you to, because that could/should be an entire thread all on it's own. The only possible answer here is more opinion.

i doubt it.wolverine,cable,and many others have had seies that have gotten cancelde how many batman,superman books are there that sells monthly?because unlike wolverine you can always tell a story withe them without having to re-write their origin to make money every other month.

So having a book canceled is the mark of a bad hero? Do you have any idea at all how many books Batman and Superman have gone through over the years? What about Wonder Woman? As for re-writing origins... please. Origins are rewritten at DC every ten years (whenever the latest 'Crisis-level event' rolls around). Are you forgetting that Superman's origin has changed and been rewritten multiple times? Have you not heard of Donna Troy or Power Girl?

You're welcome to your opinion and all, but you seem to be ignoring facts, and as a result are simply calling the kettle black.

i used to collect everything that marvel released...that is until i grew up and relized that marvel story's suck.seriously what has marvel done that compares to any of the crisis story's.nothing and most of all the marvel legends since hasbro took over sucks also.there is not one character in the marvel universe that can compare to a batman or superman.i will give you this the marvel movies are better than DC,but thats all they have going for them.

God Bless,

JC #US1#

That is true, none of Marvel's characters can be compared to Batman and Superman. That's because DC is written by pansys for pansys. Marvel pulls in more money every year than dc could dream of. Dc didn't go bankrupt because Ted Turner owned them and he would support most of his failing companies to no end. Take WCW for example. It lost money every year but Ted loved it so Ted kept it until the AOL merger and he lost his ownership and power.

personally i think you are full of crap.dc comics have led the way in storys and figures for years.i still reda marvel,but very few,(spoiler)i mean marvel killed capt.america when this country needed a hero in comics and now he's been away trying to get back to earth.come on its almost as bad as the clone saga and thats one story arch that everyone wants to forget.marvel has graet characters i will give you that,but can yopu say other than cap,spidey,ff,iron man,and very few others can even start to compare with green lantern,flash,wonder woman,or even a deathstroke?no you cant and am i the only one that is sick of wolvrerine being in every damn book....yeah he's a loner alright.

get a clue dumb@$$ dc comics have better storys,characters,and figs than marvel has.can you name one character up to the standards of a batman or any other dc a listers?i doubt it.wolverine,cable,and many others have had seies that have gotten cancelde how many batman,superman books are there that sells monthly?because unlike wolverine you can always tell a story withe them without having to re-write their origin to make money every other month.

I can name 50 marvel characters that are superior to anyone DC has in every way possible. Arguing against Marvels dominance of Dc is like a ##$%$# trying to bite it's own ear. It's pointless but it will try anyways. In 1986 Dc erased their entire heritage because the company was such a undisciplined mess. Marvel has put out some garbage but at the end of the day they have the best fictional characters ever created and dc will always be second rate.

Ok first off...Please refrain of the use of the word ##$%$#.I do not appreciate it being used

Your acting like DC are the Gobots and Marvel is the Transformers

Sorry I see it the total opposite.

When I was growing up we had the Superman tv show with George Reeves and the Adam West Batman on tv.Along with the Superfreinds

Then hit Superman with Christopher Reeve in 1978 then the later in the 80's with the Flash Tv show and Micheal Keatons Batman

I did like some Marvel the old Spidey toon and the Hulk TV show

The one thing and only thing that turned me off to Marvel was in the early 80's when any Marvel character had show Stan Lee came on as narrator and talked as if we all new the Marvel Universe

I never did like that but I do like Stan Lee as aperson not a pitchman

and since then I have allways thought Marvel inferior to DC

Sorry to the true Marvel fans here but thats the way I have felt

I can name 50 marvel characters that are superior to anyone DC has in every way possible. Arguing against Marvels dominance of Dc is like a ##$%$# trying to bite it's own ear. It's pointless but it will try anyways. In 1986 Dc erased their entire heritage because the company was such a undisciplined mess. Marvel has put out some garbage but at the end of the day they have the best fictional characters ever created and dc will always be second rate.

I am pretty sure it is possible to like Marvel and D.C.

Any chance you could Back up your opinion/factual comments by naming these 50 superior Characters?

I wait with baited breath and will pass my time waiting trying to bite my own ear off......

As a Marvel guy, I'm also of the opinion that while DC may have the 2 biggest comic guns in Superman and Batman, Marvel has a wider roster of well known and appreciated characters with Spidey, Hulk, FF, Cap, Thor, X-Men, etc. That said, I am enjoying the new DCSH line a lot. Even though I'm not familiar with some of the secondary characters, I will probably get everything. Especially if the BAF's look as cool as Grundy. I am also looking forward to seeing the Flash soon. I want to re-enact JLA versus the Avengers!

I think that Marvel has more memberable characters than DC thanks to the 90s' X-men cartoon. However, that doesn't make the Marvel characters superior than DC. I also don't think that 50 Marvel characters are superior to anyone in DC. No way someone like Ironman is more superior than Batman or Superman. Sure his movie did well, but do you think the average person knew who Ironman is before the movie?

How about villians? I might be bias even though l more into marvel character than DC, but I don't think there is any Marvel villian out there that is more popular than the Joker.

DC characters had some recent exposure because of the Teen Titians cartoon.