25th anni Cobra VAMP/Stinger...

Magic 8 Ball

I was thinking about the 'Cobra VAMP' mentioned in a recent press release, that was later confirmed to be the Stinger. It occurred to me that we already have a Stinger Driver (from the Cobra Legions set)... so what kind of 'exclusive figure' could we possibly get?

Then I remembered the 1998 re-hash of the Stinger as the Rattler 4WD, which came with Vypra... who was a repaint of Jinx. It is possible that we could get Jinx in short order? We all know ready-made repaints are Hasbro's shtick for the 25A line. I'm not a big fan of Vypra, but anything that means I might get a Jinx is cool with me.

Of course, they could just make a nonsensical trooper variation like they did with the HISS, or even reissue the Stinger Driver... But you can't tell me that getting Jinx/Vypra isn't a cool thought.

yeah.. the Stinger is coming in 2009... says Hasbro.

as for Jinx/Vypra.... meh.. don't care for either of them at all.

I'll take another Stinger driver.... maybe with fixed crotch this time.

Well, a Stinger's not wishful thinking, but I doubt they'd include Vypra unless Jinx was available first. Who knows, though, maybe? I'd just want the Stinger myself.

How about this for some wishful thinking? A VAMP Mk II (maybe not so unlikely) or a Cobra MSV?

I'm hoping it just comes with a straight reissue of the Stinger Driver form the 5 pack. I have two but would love to have a few more.

Though Vypra WOULD be pretty cool.. but i would at least want her to have a different head mold than Jinx.

yeah.. the Stinger is coming in 2009... says Hasbro.

as for Jinx/Vypra.... meh.. don't care for either of them at all.

I'll take another Stinger driver.... maybe with fixed crotch this time.

I agree, a Stinger Driver with a fixed crotch would be nice.

I can easily see it as a 'throw away trooper' like the target HISS tanks, or the Rip-it figure that's coming with the standard HISS tanks instead of the drivers.

The boxed images I've seen call him "Cobra HISS Commander". I was under the impression that this is effectively a generic tank battalion leader, using Rip-It's color scheme.

Or is that supposed to be Rip-It's MOS now? Clutch isn't called 'Vamp Driver', but rather the 'Double Clutch' nonsense, so I'm honestly not sure what to think here.

I can easily see it as a 'throw away trooper' like the target HISS tanks, or the Rip-it figure that's coming with the standard HISS tanks instead of the drivers.

The boxed images I've seen call him "Cobra HISS Commander". I was under the impression that this is effectively a generic tank battalion leader, using Rip-It's color scheme.

Or is that supposed to be Rip-It's MOS now? Clutch isn't called 'Vamp Driver', but rather the 'Double Clutch' nonsense, so I'm honestly not sure what to think here.

Well using that same mentality, wouldn't they still be 'throw away figures'? Let's say you get six black HISS tanks, wouldn't you want a bunch of HISS drivers (red) and one maybe two tank battalion commanders?

I mean you set up your army however you want, but that's how I'd do it if I wanted any tank battalion commanders at all (which I don't). That would make the rest that come with the tanks 'throw away figs' or more accuratley custom fodder wouldn't it?

Well using that same mentality, wouldn't they still be 'throw away figures'? Let's say you get six black HISS tanks, wouldn't you want a bunch of HISS drivers (red) and one maybe two tank battalion commanders?

I mean you set up your army however you want, but that's how I'd do it if I wanted any tank battalion commanders at all (which I don't). That would make the rest that come with the tanks 'throw away figs' or more accuratley custom fodder wouldn't it?

I'm just saying that the impression I got from the (apparent) rename is that there is now more than one guy running around in a blue HISS Driver costume, so there's no need to limit to one.

One thing I like about this line is the availability of certain characters that were difficult to come by in the 80s. H.I.S.S. Driver is a good example. Or Wild Bill.

As for the "Rip It" vs the "H.I.S.S. Driver", there are people that army build SNAKE EYES. It could be argued that you would be having, like 5 regular drivers and 1 "leader". Established convention would dictate that the drivers would be red and the leader blue.

But that isn't the set in stone rule of rules. Hasbro has flubbed it themeselves (the Officer and Trooper were switched in the Python Patrol). Whose to say that you can't have the drivers be blue and the leader red.

There is kind of a "pseudo-convention" in that also. The "blue" Cobras (troopers) are the lower levels and the "red" ones are higher levels (Crimson Guard).

I'm just saying that the impression I got from the (apparent) rename is that there is now more than one guy running around in a blue HISS Driver costume, so there's no need to limit to one.

I see, I follow you now. I misunderstood your earlier post.

One thing I like about this line is the availability of certain characters that were difficult to come by in the 80s. H.I.S.S. Driver is a good example. Or Wild Bill.

As for the "Rip It" vs the "H.I.S.S. Driver", there are people that army build SNAKE EYES. It could be argued that you would be having, like 5 regular drivers and 1 "leader". Established convention would dictate that the drivers would be red and the leader blue.

But that isn't the set in stone rule of rules. Hasbro has flubbed it themeselves (the Officer and Trooper were switched in the Python Patrol). Whose to say that you can't have the drivers be blue and the leader red.

There is kind of a "pseudo-convention" in that also. The "blue" Cobras (troopers) are the lower levels and the "red" ones are higher levels (Crimson Guard).

Excellent point.