Iron man movie question.

SpidermanClassics

Awesome movie! But at the end when he said he was iron man to the public doesnt that happen in civil war? So like years after already being iron man. Not right away? I could be wrong cause I didnt read a lot of his earlier comics (even though I love iron man). But yeah let me know guys if thats comic correct. Or did they just decide to just like jump to the civil war thing. Let me know guys.

I always thought Iron Man's secret identity a stupid idea.

Iron man is supposed to be his bodyguard, but they are never in the same room.

Yeah, right! And the glasses are a perfect disguise too, Mr. Kent!

techincally you can say bthat boput every super hero.

The movie really has nothing to do with being comic-correct, technically. The origin was comic-accurate in a modern way, but the rest just served to make a great movie and have Tony be accessible to the current comic stuff.

I always thought Iron Man's secret identity a stupid idea.

Iron man is supposed to be his bodyguard, but they are never in the same room.

Yeah, right! And the glasses are a perfect disguise too, Mr. Kent!

They actually have been in the same room at the same time alot over the years. Either Tony had the suit running by remote or Rhodey or someone else was wearing it. There are many ways around that.

I thought that is was cool that they at least put the idea of Iron Man being a body guard out there like that.

Awesome movie! But at the end when he said he was iron man to the public doesnt that happen in civil war? So like years after already being iron man. Not right away? I could be wrong cause I didnt read a lot of his earlier comics (even though I love iron man). But yeah let me know guys if thats comic correct. Or did they just decide to just like jump to the civil war thing. Let me know guys.

Tony Stark even revealed his identity way before the Civil War but later fooled everyone into thinking they were seperate again and then turned around and revealed himself again. It was on of those thing in Marvel where the new writer did not like what the previous writer did and changed it back. That is one of my biggest gripes with Marvel.

The movie really has nothing to do with being comic-correct, technically. The origin was comic-accurate in a modern way, but the rest just served to make a great movie and have Tony be accessible to the current comic stuff.

That is pretty much what they have to do with comic movies these days when they have 30 plus years of history. Even if there is a chance that sequels could be made there is no way that much history could be covered unless it gets crammed in a little out of order or sooner than it happened in the comics.

I think if you want a story that is comic accurate you should just go back and read the comics. It's not like the comics have been erased and can't be read anymore. I think the films do a good job of giving the fans enough to make them familiar and change them enough to get non comic fans interested.

I think it was there because it was a cool ending, nothing more. If they decide he needs a secret identity in the second movie, they just start with a press conference in which Tony says "You guys really bought that? Seriously?" Then he explains that he only said that to cover for Iron Man because he was off on a secret mission for the government. And then Rhodey or some SHIELD agent comes out in the armor, 'proving' that Tony is not Iron Man, but just said it as an alibi so that no one would wonder where IM was.