I Found WAVE 7(also known as wave3 '08)

lldjslim

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a handy dandy conversion chart for what W3-08 or W7 is in the grand scheme of things.

http://www.johio.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?...153&start=0

Oh, and feel free to join and look around. ;)

Nice site! I have two questions though, which may have already been resolved, but if my eyes didn't see it, it didn't happen.

1. The Trakker thing. And this is open to anyone. Is there a definitive answer to the whole MASK deal? Or should I pick up that sweet 2006 1:18 Camaro concept diecast that has been sitting on the shelves awhile? (I would think that Matt, having had his base destroyed and married a fat chick who turned out to be Miles Mayhem on Robot Chicken, would keep a low profile for a bit.

2. Being out of the comic loop (Marvel and hence Devil's Due) for years now, Who the F is Glenda? (Only one I know flys over rainbows and helps out degenerate little girls and their puppies)

One thing I have heard about this thing with MASK and Trakker is that Kenner made MASK and Hasbro bought or merged with Kenner. Hasbro now owns MASK. It is possible that Hasbro could make characters from MASK in the GI Joe line. I thought it would be cool to have a connection between Miles Mayhem and Gen. Mayhem. I think it is kinda cool if that is what is going on with this Trakker. Kind of like how COPS was connected to GI Joe too.

I'm not an expert on Glenda but simply what I do know is that she was a repaint of Scarlett that was sold in another country.

cmderinchief, if no one has pointed this out yet, TF Flint is in Wave 8 (W4-08) and it should be TF Duke in Wave 10 (W6-08).

Bunch of buzz killers on this forum.

@haha@

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing.

Like an angry mob...

angrymobsb1.png

;)

Bunch of buzz killers on this forum.

@haha@

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing.

Like an angry mob...

angrymobsb1.png

;)

I agree, I just took it as him having fun with finding them, bunch of stinkers raining on his parade...

why hasn't a mod fixed the title of this threat yet???

fixed... :P

found all that wave today at target except no major bludds

oh ok cool...so im not missing anything then

Congratz on your find! I don't blame you on taking as much as you could. I would've!!! Like it or not, collecting is a selfish hobby with "me,me, and me" before anyone else!

Where are you in Virginia? I'm in Northern Virginia, if you're around there...which Wal-Mart was this at?

Here's a handy dandy conversion chart for what W3-08 or W7 is in the grand scheme of things.

http://www.johio.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?...153&start=0

Oh, and feel free to join and look around. ;)

Nice site! I have two questions though, which may have already been resolved, but if my eyes didn't see it, it didn't happen.

1. The Trakker thing. And this is open to anyone. Is there a definitive answer to the whole MASK deal? Or should I pick up that sweet 2006 1:18 Camaro concept diecast that has been sitting on the shelves awhile? (I would think that Matt, having had his base destroyed and married a fat chick who turned out to be Miles Mayhem on Robot Chicken, would keep a low profile for a bit.

2. Being out of the comic loop (Marvel and hence Devil's Due) for years now, Who the F is Glenda? (Only one I know flys over rainbows and helps out degenerate little girls and their puppies)

One thing I have heard about this thing with MASK and Trakker is that Kenner made MASK and Hasbro bought or merged with Kenner. Hasbro now owns MASK. It is possible that Hasbro could make characters from MASK in the GI Joe line. I thought it would be cool to have a connection between Miles Mayhem and Gen. Mayhem. I think it is kinda cool if that is what is going on with this Trakker. Kind of like how COPS was connected to GI Joe too.

I'm not an expert on Glenda but simply what I do know is that she was a repaint of Scarlett that was sold in another country.

Yep, straight-arm Scarlett repaint as a blond wearing blue, white and chrome. Glenda was sold in Argentina as part of a wave of six (or seven, depending on who you talk to) exclusive Argentinian GI Joe figures that are incredibly rare and very valuable these days. Not really sure why they're so hard to find - for all I know there isn't really a collectors' market down there and a lot are boxed up in closets with other old toys? When you do find them they're usually in crap condition.

This is kind of off-topic though - if you want to get more answers just start a new thread for stuff like this.

scored a SE and Viper at Walmart tonight. Both look great from what I can tell. These are for my MOC set so I won't know for sure till I find more.

Draven

I found all of wave 7 at Wal Mart today. They looked like they got 5 or 7 boxes of the set. :D Love the viper, okay with the SE figure. Lots of excessories, but lots of strange issues. Like the big hole in the head to put the night googles into, kinda looks odd. Right Knee is a permanently bent because the knee pad. Weapons are sweet though. Love the detachable butterfly knives. Viper, yes the googles fall off and the hands are bent in this oddest pose, but he so much like the old viper that it brings a tear to the eye. He is really, really cool.

Just picked up SE tonight. Are his grenades supposed to be removable? They are now on mine, though they might require sticky tack to keep them on. My favorite 25th fig so far, despite the cat glasses. The carabiners on the belt are awesome, and though I haven't tried to use them yet, I'll bet you could thread a grappling hook rope through there. Updated accessories are awesome too. Color me impressed, Hasbro!

I FINALLY found hints of Wave 7 as well. I found two SEs at the Walmart I frequent. It almost kind of pisses me off, because since people have been talking about them at various forums, I've been checking two or three times a week. Two nights ago I was at this Walmart asking one of the guys if he knew if any more 'Joes were coming in, and the guy was clueless. I went today about 30 minutes before they closed, and all I found were two SE, indicated that either they got one case, and someone bought every figure except SE, or they got two cases, and someone bought every figure from both case, and left the two SEs. Either way I'm a bit miffed, since this exact same thing happend at the same store, when they got the wave 6s in. Oh well.

Regardless, I agree that this SE is awesome. I've always thought this was probably the better-looking Snake Eyes of all of his outfits, and I agree that he's probably my favorite of the line so far. One thing about him that I love (and have liked about the 25th line in general) is that you can actually attatch all of his accessories to him somewhere, which was something that was missing from previous lines. Cool, cool, cool, and I can't wait to find more figures from this wave.

I finally stumbled upon some in West Knoxville tonight at Wal-Mart. I've wanted this wave badly since it includes three of my favorite Joes and Cobras; Spirit, Version 3 Snake-Eyes, and Vipers. I actually found three Vipers, which is funny because I think that's how many I had as a kid. (lol) But I found the Vipers, Snake-Eyes, and Duke. That's all they had besides one lone Scarlett.

Duke: I love this figure for the packaging. The card-art is awesome. Yeah, so it's a lazy repaint/repackage with new accessories. It's different enough to me to be cool.

Vipers: What can I say? These were my favorite Cobra troops as a kid, and these new ones are just incredible upgrades. The hands look a little sissified though... (lol)

Version 3 Snake-Eyes: Man oh man, where do I start? To begin with, Snake-Eyes was always my favorite Joe. Maybe it's cliche or considered unpopular nowdays to love Snake-Eyes so much...whatever the word is...but I did and still do. Back when I was a kid, my dad took me to Target, which was for us then a looong trip, just so he could get me the latest Snake-Eyes, which was Version 3. So naturally this figure means alot to me. (I also got Gnawgahyde, Dee-Jaye, and Recoil also, but Snake-Eyes was the main reason...)

Now I love how unified the packaging is. Every figure's card-art has the "explosion" background to outline each character. It used to bug me how they went from that to the digital-looking one around '86 or so. And the file cards are all peach-colored too. (I know; it's the little details that excite me...) (lol)

But I was concerned about his chest-knives since I noticed in the package they're strapped in place. Does that mean they fall off easy? Also, someone else addressed a fear I had in that Snake-Eyes is left with a hole in his head when you remove the night-vision goggles. But someone else pointed-out something I love; the fact that you can attach all of his weapons on his uniform somewhere. One other thing I've noticed is how his sword looks more like a katana sword than his original one did. I always liked the original sword, but to me it looked more like something Conan the Barbarian would carry instead of Snake-Eyes. (lol) So that was a nice touch. And I also love how his mask now looks like what the card-art depicts as opposed to the original. Even as a kid I thought he looked better in the card-art...

Just wish I could have scored Spirit, the H.I.S.S. Driver, and Wild Bill. At least I got a few. I'm thankful for that. Geeze these things never fail to excite me to no end no matter how many times I see them in stores (which is very, VERY rarely BTW).

Congrats DB! I am still hoping to score Spirit, Wild Bill and Hiss Driver soon. I really need the Spirit for I can fix him..... @loll@

Draven

Thanks Draven! But what do you mean when you say you can fix him?

It's funny; I stopped by my local Wal-Mart earlier this evening and I found another Viper and Snake-Eyes. The Snake-Eyes I put back because he had some silver paint on top of his head. But I circled toys again and decided to look through the comic-packs, just out of curiosity to see what they had, and I found the Viper hid amongst them. So I snapped him up. And I say it's funny because about the time I picked the Snake-Eyes up to look at him, this guy I went to high school with walked up and started talking to me. I found out he's a Joe collector too and has been since they came out in '82, pretty much like me. I've known the guy for years and I'm just discovering he's a fellow fan and collector. We stood there and talked about the ones we had and the ones we were still looking for.

cmderinchief, if no one has pointed this out yet, TF Flint is in Wave 8 (W4-08) and it should be TF Duke in Wave 10 (W6-08).

Right, we'll get that edited.

W7 is starting to trickle into my home area, but I've been out of the country for a week, so it really doesn't matter. I'll maybe go on a hunt this weekend.

i have an extra wild bill and 2 vipers if soemoen wants them