NEW CHANGES TO TNI

JoeRhyno

There are some changes going on here at TNI, for the most part, if you only check here in the GI Joe section, you won't really notice it... the main change is the log-in procedure, you now have to log in with your email address instead of your username.

The reason for this change is now all the ENI sites and message boards are linked under your one email address/username... so now, you can go here:

http://members.enewsi.com/

log in, and then click where you want to go, TNI will still look and act the same, but now, you can click the StarWars section, and it'll take you to the new Jedi Insider mesage board, CNI, ENI, GNI and the Marvel boards will also have their own boards now and soon, when you click on them, it'll take you to their own boards... for you Transformers fans, Tformers will now be the new boards, when you click on the Transformers section, it'll take you to their boards and you won't(or shouldn't have to) log in again(I'm not exactly sure if the TNI transformers forum will stay, or if they'll get merged, I'll find out)...

Hope this is helpful to everyone, it might take a little getting used to, but it's to better incorporate ENI as a whole.

Thank you, if you have any questions, feel free to PM a mod, or post them here.

-Joe

Another ENI question... on the TNI headlines (on the right of the forum pages), why can't Marvel news take us directly to the article on Marvelous News or ENI, instead of the TNI jump page (example)? I'm assuming it has something to do with advertising and pageview counts? Just curious. :)

How long until they incorporate the new login to the shortcut login on top of the forum?

Right now it takes more clicks to login.

I got to agree here. Damn change...... @hmmm@

How long until they incorporate the new login to the shortcut login on top of the forum?

Right now it takes more clicks to login.

I got to agree here. Damn change...... @hmmm@

Yeah, kind of annoying...

Now everything has just been diluted even further............the Marvel forum has a ton of topics now.......

Iron Man

Iron Mans Underwear

Tony Stark's Favorite Foods

Tony Stark's Credit Report.

I can see what they are trying to do but it seems like there is too many different options for topics.......I liked it better when there was just one simple "Marvel" forum....for everything.

Now everything has just been diluted even further............the Marvel forum has a ton of topics now.......

Iron Man

Iron Mans Underwear

I can see what they are trying to do but it seems like there is too many different options for topics.......I liked it better when there was just one simple "Marvel" forum....for everything.

I have to agree.

Ever since ADC became TNI the forum seems to break down into more and more subforums and along with that and the more it happens the less people post.

Maybe less is better.

It's not like it is a major enough of an issue to leave here or anything (Please don't come and yell at me JayC about if I don't like it leave) I don't dislaike it that much. Unless the Joe and wrestling forum get split into ten different forums and are spread out into five different locations. @smilepunch@

Ever since ADC became TNI the forum seems to break down into more and more subforums and along with that and the more it happens the less people post.

Maybe less is better.

It's not like it is a major enough of an issue to leave here or anything (Please don't come and yell at me JayC about if I don't like it leave) I don't dislaike it that much. Unless the Joe and wrestling forum get split into ten different forums and are spread out into five different locations. @smilepunch@

Exactly.........I just hope the Joe forum doesn't change......

Cobra

GI Joe

GI Joe the movie

GI Joe the comic

Snake-Eyes

The Ladies of GI Joe

You get what I'm saying...........I like one stop shopping. B)

Maybe less is better.

Exactly.........I just hope the Joe forum doesn't change......

Cobra

GI Joe

GI Joe the movie

GI Joe the comic

Snake-Eyes

The Ladies of GI Joe

You get what I'm saying...........I like one stop shopping. B)

You forgot one for customs. #US1#

The reason for this change is now all the ENI sites and message boards are linked under your one email address/username... so now, you can go here:

http://members.enewsi.com/

log in, and then click where you want to go, TNI will still look and act the same, but now, you can click the StarWars section, and it'll take you to the new Jedi Insider mesage board, CNI, ENI, GNI and the Marvel boards will also have their own boards now and soon, when you click on them, it'll take you to their own boards... for you Transformers fans, Tformers will now be the new boards, when you click on the Transformers section, it'll take you to their boards and you won't(or shouldn't have to) log in again(I'm not exactly sure if the TNI transformers forum will stay, or if they'll get merged, I'll find out)...

-Joe

OK I just tried to go to the Marvel forums & it wanted me to login again! @grumpy@

Ok well you guys seem to be a little unclear on whats happening. These new boards are not sub forums of TNI. The are new forums for other sites which are sites in the ENI network but not part of TNI itself. Up untill now those sites where sharing these forums and that is no longer the case. The only thing with the login is that for those who might want to check out more then one forum we have made it so you dont need to sign up for each site. You now have one universal login that is tied into the email address you used when you orginally signed up for these boards. Thats really though the only changes to the TNI forums themselves. The sites that were sharing these boards have moved off and launched their own forums and you now login with your email instead of your username.

Now the sites like Marvelousnews, ENI, CNI and JediInsider all have new forums which will be able to better fill the needs of the readers those sites where created to catter to. So if you were say a Marvel fan and came on here because the MN boards where sharing these forums then you will probably want to move over to those boards as that is where the focus of all things marvel will now be and so fourth with each of those sites.

Again though, the TNI forums themselves are fairly unchanged and the orginal Marvel and Star Wars section that the TNI forums began with will remain here and eventually move back up to the top section with the other toy areas just like before. We just left them down in those bottom sections next to the portals to the new forums for a bit so people can easily move over if they want.

So it may be easier for you to think of it this way. Each of these sites and their message boards though part of the ENI network are seperate entities unto themselves and you have to click over to them just as you would any other website. We simply have tried to make it easier so that you have one login and one password on all of the sites.

I'm just glad I remembered my OLD email address I had before the nasty breakup and loss of my computer.

I've been checking in time to time when able, by using OTHERS computers and just logging in with the usual member name and password. Seems email addresses can change (due to circumstances like mine) and could present a problem if you don't have one of your own to use?

Seems email addresses can change (due to circumstances like mine) and could present a problem if you don't have one of your own to use?

True emails can change, but when they do you should update your account so that your information is current. Not only for when changes like this happen but so that you can be contacted by administrators if needed and to keep your account more secure so it's not tied to an old account that you don't use or check anymore and could become accessible by someone else.

Seems email addresses can change (due to circumstances like mine) and could present a problem if you don't have one of your own to use?

True emails can change, but when they do you should update your account so that your information is current. Not only for when changes like this happen but so that you can be contacted by administrators if needed and to keep your account more secure so it's not tied to an old account that you don't use or check anymore and could become accessible by someone else.

I'll probably wait till I'm set up again with my own computer and NEW email address, and do just that (update the info).

I did have a moment of angst and panick though, when I tried to login yesterday and noticed the change and had to rack my brains damaged memory cells trying to come up with my old email address. ^_^

Well worst case there is a button on the ENI Members page that says CONTACT US. If you can't remember your email then you can use that and someone will help you.

Iron Man

Iron Mans Underwear

I have to agree.

As do I.