DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

"Mattel has shown us good faith"??? "At least we'er getting new MMs"??? Scarecrowbarker you must be realy realy easy to please (my ex-boy friend should have been so easy) lol.

From where I sit, all I can see is a company that has manipulated a hot toy line by creating demand that it can't or won't meet. Mattel is scared that if it floods the market no one will want the merch if it can be found any & every where. So! it keeps availabilty low & keeps us like "pet vampires".

Giving us just enough blood to stay alive.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont complain about complainers, i just get tired of the same complaint voiced a million times over.

Which you then post about, which is *gasp* complaining about complainers.

venting? nooo.....were way past that! so...youre telling me that you feel the need to complain that much about production delays? mattel is going to release those figs when they get good and gotdamned ready. you can complain, whine, b!tch, or whatever you wanna call it, and its gonna do notta! posting how youre tired or sick of mattel everyday is a time waste.

I don't feel the need to complain about anything, but I defend those that want to because it all boils down to just wanting to buy/own these figures but being unable to. But I don't complain about that myself. The thing I've complained about these days is the Infinite Heroes line because of its ridiculous price.

As for being a waste of time, the entire concept of message boards is a waste of time if you look at it that way, yet we do it anyway. One topic of discussion is no more relevant or worthy than the next if there are people willing to join in. This is all for our own amusement, and no one has to get clearance for their posts with you or anyone else.

They havent even announced the chase figures for both the waves, in wave 3 you only have 2 announced figures, probably 2 repacks, and a new chase, wave 4 will have 2 Harveys, Bank Joker, and a repack and a new chase figure, i would suspect this is their procedure for this line, thats what has happened with the first two complete waves....the joker armies hauling into stores was a catching up from all the bullshit....be prepared for them to have the pegs stocked to the brim with these, hopefully because scalpers will have no need to buy up all the cases....one day we will be able to pick up a bank robber joker movie masters off the peg without any complication...yes we can...we will bask in all our Dark Knight glory when arriving at our local Target to find Harveys galore, both Harveys god damnit, and when we pull aside one of those sonar battle batmans to reveal a Nurse Joker chase, we will break down in tears...yes we can...i dont know if that made sense but whatever, thats what im feeling about this Mattel movie masters fumble...in 4 months we will all be complete, i cant Fing believe a bank robber joker mm, i never thought i would see it...what kind of evidence you think, obviously a regular and scarred coin and for the joker maybe....a picture from the bank, SMOKE GRENADE WITH A STRING!!!! no one seems super psyched on this thread about this news....at superherohype people are jumping off buildings from this news....AHSAHHAHAHHAHa pandimonium!!!!

even though there's alot of kit bashing, i think that they chose the characters pretty well. if they give us 3 more thugs, and a matty exclusive nurse joker......ill call it a day.

Pooda man don't be like that, you know we was just having a lil fun w/ya. Don't stop collecting MMs man. There's tons more to be had, like: Comm. Gordon, Rachel Daws, Gun whielding batmen vigilanties ( I hope they make each one just a lil different), endless Joker thugs that are post bank robbery like fat boy who had a bomb in his gut!

Like I said, there gonna be cranking out TDK merch like Nightmare Before Christmass, or dare I say SW!

even though there's alot of kit bashing, i think that they chose the characters pretty well. if they give us 3 more thugs, and a matty exclusive nurse joker......ill call it a day.

Pooda man don't be like that, you know we was just having a lil fun w/ya. Don't stop collecting MMs man. There's tons more to be had, like: Comm. Gordon, Rachel Daws, Gun whielding batmen vigilanties ( I hope they make each one just a lil different), endless Joker thugs that are post bank robbery like fat boy who had a bomb in his gut!

Like I said, there gonna be cranking out TDK merch like Nightmare Before Christmass, or dare I say SW!

i mean, besides ras, i dont see anything else coming out.

"Mattel has shown us good faith"??? "At least we'er getting new MMs"??? Scarecrowbarker you must be realy realy easy to please (my ex-boy friend should have been so easy) lol.

From where I sit, all I can see is a company that has manipulated a hot toy line by creating demand that it can't or won't meet. Mattel is scared that if it floods the market no one will want the merch if it can be found any & every where. So! it keeps availabilty low & keeps us like "pet vampires".

Whatever. You see blood sucking corporate vampires, i see toy boards polluted by ingrates. Whatever rocks your boat, i guess. Just from where I'm sitting I'm seeing a company deliver what it always said it would. Other than your impatience...i really don't see a problem here.

Whatever. You see blood sucking corporate vampires, i see toy boards polluted by ingrates. Whatever rocks your boat, i guess. Just from where I'm sitting I'm seeing a company deliver what it always said it would. Other than your impatience...i really don't see a problem here.

I bet you live in an area where they and or you can just go to the store and find them. but if you were in my area you would be at your wits end and upset just like most of the rest of us thats why we are complaning or whatever you want to call it.

count youself lucky cause if you were in our shoes you would understand. you would understand the frustration of calling around and being told we dont carry that any more or no they haven't come in and we dont know when they will come in.

Better yet driveing 30 to 40 to 60 miles and comeing up with a hand full of nothing.I'm not trying to fight about it but im just sayin walk a mile in our shoes and then see if you still feel so warm and cozy about this line or much of that DC line

I bet you live in an area where they and or you can just go to the store and find them. but if you were in my area you would be at your wits end and upset just like most of the rest of us thats why we are complaning or whatever you want to call it.

count youself lucky cause if you were in our shoes you would understand. you would understand the frustration of calling around and being told we dont carry that any more or no they haven't come in and we dont know when they will come in.

Better yet driveing 30 to 40 to 60 miles and comeing up with a hand full of nothing.I'm not trying to fight about it but im just sayin walk a mile in our shoes and then see if you still feel so warm and cozy about this line or much of that DC line

Got news for ya, there's nothing in my area either. I'm in the middle of Iowa, we don't get anything but normal Batmen and a few Jokers here and there. But guess what? Rather than waste all that gas money like you, i guess, i save a little here and there and buy them online reasonably by shopping smart and having a little patience. Don't pull that "you don't know what it's like!" garbage with me.

Got news for ya, there's nothing in my area either. I'm in the middle of Iowa, we don't get anything but normal Batmen and a few Jokers here and there. But guess what? Rather than waste all that gas money like you, i guess, i save a little here and there and buy them online reasonably by shopping smart and having a little patience. Don't pull that "you don't know what it's like!" garbage with me.

Well i pulled it sorry bout ya ^_^

Nope. No Ras. I see wave 4 as the end of Movie Masters.

The MMs have been doing very well, despite the nitpicking and production problems. Begins Batman and Begins Scarecrow were just as good sellers as the other regular figures. Besides this, I believe Pooda listed some info many pages back about the upcoming figs we should expect in the line, and Ras was on there. it was hinted we might see Ubu the decoy Ras as well.

Don't write it off, the MM line will have legs a while longer.

The MMs have been doing very well, despite the nitpicking and production problems. Begins Batman and Begins Scarecrow were just as good sellers as the other regular figures. Besides this, I believe Pooda listed some info many pages back about the upcoming figs we should expect in the line, and Ras was on there. it was hinted we might see Ubu the decoy Ras as well.

All i know is i hope your right this line is some of the best figures in a long time. Reminds me of the movie maniacs line when it first came out the attention to detail and everything was awsome. just like this line for us hero fans..

All i know is i hope your right this line is some of the best figures in a long time. Reminds me of the movie maniacs line when it first came out the attention to detail and everything was awsome. just like this line for us hero fans..

With the movie this far off (the wave 4 figures will be out around the one year point of the original shipment of wave 1) I highly doubt the line will continue further. Sales are lagging on the MMs as it is (I see tons of Jokers, Batman, etc) lingering on the peg. Figures being released from movie lines far past the film have a tendency to be underordered by stores and I'm sure wave 4 will be a pain in the ass to find.

Look at the Temple of Doom Indy figures as proof...Heck look as far back as the Power of the Force line of star wars from 1985. Those were released 2 years after Return of the Jedi, didn't sell well and now days are super sought after by collectors. Point being, the longer you wait the less desirable to the general public the figures are and the more so to collectors.

With the movie this far off (the wave 4 figures will be out around the one year point of the original shipment of wave 1) I highly doubt the line will continue further. Sales are lagging on the MMs as it is (I see tons of Jokers, Batman, etc) lingering on the peg. Figures being released from movie lines far past the film have a tendency to be underordered by stores and I'm sure wave 4 will be a pain in the ass to find.

Look at the Temple of Doom Indy figures as proof...Heck look as far back as the Power of the Force line of star wars from 1985. Those were released 2 years after Return of the Jedi, didn't sell well and now days are super sought after by collectors. Point being, the longer you wait the less desirable to the general public the figures are and the more so to collectors.

Which was the original point most of us "complainers" had. Strike now while the iron is hot instead of waiting until things cool down. But either way Mattel has made mention of moving into other DC movies and producing figures of say Superman and previous Batman incarnations.

There is nothing wrong with complaing as long as you do it in a constructive way. If you don't express what makes you unhappy how does anyone know to fix it. On the flipside there is nothing wrong with also looking at positive things as well and expressing those things as well. Always focusing on the negative can take the fun out of things. As for those complaining about the complainers, don't look now but your complaining to ;)

There is nothing wrong with complaing as long as you do it in a constructive way. If you don't express what makes you unhappy how does anyone know to fix it. On the flipside there is nothing wrong with also looking at positive things as well and expressing those things as well. Always focusing on the negative can take the fun out of things. As for those complaining about the complainers, don't look now but your complaining to ;)

theres a difference between complaining, and getting ignorant. waking up and posting that you hate mattel, when youve posted it every day for 2 months is kind of annoying. i figure that ill complain about the complainers until we see eye to eye on the subject. :D anyway.....we need all of these goons before theyre done.

2698923908_18417331ab.jpg

by the way...how are we going to fix this no necktie problem?

f_Picture85m_91a18f5.jpg

Well i don't know how anal you are about accuracy, so suggestions might seem frail, but for my needs I'd just buy some of those small leather squares you can buy and cut and glue pieces of tie accordingly. If that isn't satisfactory, however, spare rubber parts from other toys can be nicely cut, shaped and painted too. Since it's a rather little piece of clothing accessory, thankfully, it shouldn't be hard to make it look good.

by the way...how are we going to fix this no necktie problem?

f_Picture85m_91a18f5.jpg

you know, if they are using the torso from the 1st scarecrow, it has no collar and looks kind of stupid with the jacket off. I am in the process of making my own TDK scarecrow and I'm using the thug torso cause it has a real collar. I'm thinking then a Dent tie will be secured the same way as the thug tie. So an old switcharoo with the ties would be nice. Or hopefully they just make it right and this is just an early pic.