DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I still think its going to be to late for this line i wish they would have relesed these figures already

I kind of agree, feels like they didn't exactly hit while the iron was hot. I know that there was so much stock out there for the movie but now that the movie and dvd have both been released I hope retailers order enough so that the regular figures don't end up being as scarce as the chases.

I think these will still sell fine. They did miss the boat by not having enough leading up to and during the movie's release, but that doesn't mean there's not any potential left. And these all look pretty good, so that definitely helps. They just need to lessen the gaps between new releases. Treat MM like a real toyline. This four figures per year thing is ridiculous.

I know they will sell well thats not the point stors ordering them is what i am worried about. i mean they see those old ones just sitting around and not selling. My toys r us has a but load of the first few waves and a butt load of the scarecrow batman 2 packs. walmarts selling off theres at 7 bucks to hopefully clear them out. So again i just am concernd about stores even odering more

I know they will sell well thats not the point stors ordering them is what i am worried about. i mean they see those old ones just sitting around and not selling. My toys r us has a but load of the first few waves and a butt load of the scarecrow batman 2 packs. walmarts selling off theres at 7 bucks to hopefully clear them out. So again i just am concernd about stores even odering more

Not to be off topic, but I just saw the new Movie Masters Assortments for pre-order on BBTS and EntertainmentEarth. Let me just say the case assortments that they're pushing out is total b.s. For example, one assortment contains: 3x proto-suit Batman (who needs 3? Let alone even 1?) w/ 1x Joker (in thug outfit). The other assortment: 2x Joker Cell and 2x Two-Face, isn't as ridiculous. Who do you think decided to divide these figures up like this? This is getting far too ridiculous. :(

Not to be off topic, but I just saw the new Movie Masters Assortments for pre-order on BBTS and EntertainmentEarth. Let me just say the case assortments that they're pushing out is total b.s. For example, one assortment contains: 3x proto-suit Batman (who needs 3? Let alone even 1?) w/ 1x Joker (in thug outfit). The other assortment: 2x Joker Cell and 2x Two-Face, isn't as ridiculous. Who do you think decided to divide these figures up like this? This is getting far too ridiculous. :(

Yeah, that first one's really terrible. If that's what goes to stores, there's gonna be a problem. This business of Mattel dividing up wave assortments into two cases is crap. These four figures would go nicely into one case, but instead they're dividing it up into two? Crazy.

I have never liked full cases b/c you always end up with crazy case assortments I just try to buy what I can for a decent price but yeah 3 proto-batmans are strange. And I know we have discussed this before but who is Mattel targeting with this wave? Can't be kids b/c there is no TDK-esque thing is sight so it has to be collectors and like I said in an earlier post will there be enough merch and shelf space to go around to keep this wave plentiful, since its going to be just the collectors making purchases?

THANK YOU NONAME! you took the words straight out my mouth. The mainstream fan fair of this movie has (to coin a movie term) "faded to black". All thats realy left is die hard fans like us. In other words we can all expect this wave to be as hard to find has any of the DCUC variant chace figs.

yup!.....its gonna get ulgy.

THANK YOU NONAME! you took the words straight out my mouth. The mainstream fan fair of this movie has (to coin a movie term) "faded to black". All thats realy left is die hard fans like us. In other words we can all expect this wave to be as hard to find has any of the DCUC variant chace figs.

yup!.....its gonna get ulgy.

And i couldn't agree more. I knew this would happen go back n check my post lol i knew this was gonna be relesed to damn late and stores would have or will pass on them or just get one case. And here it is a different year and people memories are real short which is why its important to strike while the iron is hot.

makeing movies from old shows n comics whatever will work but its super hard relsesing toys this way. Now i maybe wrong n the pegs will be slamed full but my gut says no.just us die hards n scalpers will be into this so late after the movie

I have never liked full cases b/c you always end up with crazy case assortments I just try to buy what I can for a decent price but yeah 3 proto-batmans are strange. And I know we have discussed this before but who is Mattel targeting with this wave? Can't be kids b/c there is no TDK-esque thing is sight so it has to be collectors and like I said in an earlier post will there be enough merch and shelf space to go around to keep this wave plentiful, since its going to be just the collectors making purchases?

But the main character always sells more than the other figures... :rolleyes: