DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

cool toy review had a Q and A up for mattel and they posted up my question lol,:

Cool Toy Review: When are we going to see a Movie Masters Two-Face? Almost everyone wants to know, so if you can just tell us about it and any other new movie masters you are planning, that would be great! Thank you.

Mattel: Two-Face will be out in Spring of 2009. We were not able to get reference for this character in time for the movie launch, but everyone at Mattel is very excited to get this must have character into the line.

I think I speak for everyone that.... that is a load of crap!!! And by the time spring rolls around alot of people want even be interested any more. Its almost like mattel wants there hotest toy lines to die off. But they continue to make cars line toys and that movie has been well forgottin about. It just makes me wantt to scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

actually you dont speak for me at all I am not gonna lose interest in this, and relax it is not that big of a deal just gotta be laid back we will see pics of new movie masters between now and toyfair and nycc which are less than 2 months away

So you dont think there excuses are a load of crap????

I don't care thats all

Personally I think that just arguing back and forth if you care or if you want lose interest serves no purpose but either way I think that its true that Mattel is pulling something strange here, why would they want to wait till 09 to add to the line? Christmas shopping season should be the target they are going for. It doesn't make any sense why they would want to hold off. And Pooda, were you referring to movie Two Face or like the character in general?

movie two face. everything made from the movie came out before the movie except him..... they didnt even put him on any posters.

True, but we saw cell cam pics of the movie Two Face for the 5+ a few months before the movie came out. We also saw Slade too. So that means they at least had the designs early enough for a decent prototype for the 5+. And plus isn't weird that for a master toy license for a big budget movie, not to have the designs of a major character? I still say it amounts more to bad business decisions from Mattel than lateness on Nolan's staff.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool toy review had a Q and A up for mattel and they posted up my question lol,:

Cool Toy Review: When are we going to see a Movie Masters Two-Face? Almost everyone wants to know, so if you can just tell us about it and any other new movie masters you are planning, that would be great! Thank you.

Mattel: Two-Face will be out in Spring of 2009. We were not able to get reference for this character in time for the movie launch, but everyone at Mattel is very excited to get this must have character into the line.

I think I speak for everyone that.... that is a load of crap!!! And by the time spring rolls around alot of people want even be interested any more. Its almost like mattel wants there hotest toy lines to die off. But they continue to make cars line toys and that movie has been well forgottin about. It just makes me wantt to scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

actually you dont speak for me at all I am not gonna lose interest in this, and relax it is not that big of a deal just gotta be laid back we will see pics of new movie masters between now and toyfair and nycc which are less than 2 months away

I don't care thats all

Personally I think that just arguing back and forth if you care or if you want lose interest serves no purpose but either way I think that its true that Mattel is pulling something strange here, why would they want to wait till 09 to add to the line? Christmas shopping season should be the target they are going for. It doesn't make any sense why they would want to hold off. And Pooda, were you referring to movie Two Face or like the character in general?

movie two face. everything made from the movie came out before the movie except him..... they didnt even put him on any posters.

True, but we saw cell cam pics of the movie Two Face for the 5+ a few months before the movie came out. We also saw Slade too. So that means they at least had the designs early enough for a decent prototype for the 5+. And plus isn't weird that for a master toy license for a big budget movie, not to have the designs of a major character? I still say it amounts more to bad business decisions from Mattel than lateness on Nolan's staff.

yet they pulled all pics of that fig(at 1st), and its still not in any of the stores that ive been to. plus....we still dont know the hand warner bros. plays in all of this.

I don't care thats all

yet they pulled all pics of that fig(at 1st), and its still not in any of the stores that ive been to. plus....we still dont know the hand warner bros. plays in all of this.

True and True, but my point was that they were able to design a prototype that looked good before the movie ever came out. So they got the designs early enough for the 5+ prototype. Now you are right they haven't released him in stores. Again who knows, also WB could be wanting to push the figures back but then again wouldn't the Studio want the merch to come out either during the theatrical run or with the DVD? Not Q1 or Q2 of 09?

I don't care thats all

True and True, but my point was that they were able to design a prototype that looked good before the movie ever came out. So they got the designs early enough for the 5+ prototype. Now you are right they haven't released him in stores. Again who knows, also WB could be wanting to push the figures back but then again wouldn't the Studio want the merch to come out either during the theatrical run or with the DVD? Not Q1 or Q2 of 09?

They did relese the two face 5 inch over seas and iv been to a few threads where they some of the people have it in hand.pics of them are over at legionsofgotham.org

They did relese the two face 5 inch over seas and iv been to a few threads where they some of the people have it in hand.pics of them are over at legionsofgotham.org

thats as good as it never being released. somebody always get a few, but that doesnt meant anything.

DHOONIB that figure was for the 5 inch line. WE saw it months early because the 5 inch line is for kids and less detailed. Thats why the joker looks a tad different as well. They wanted to tone down the fright factor. They obviously had concept designs and drawings. SO mattel used those to have the figure ready in time for a proper relase, most likely next month for the dvd. However when it comes to the Movie Master line they want it to be as detailed as possible. SO when the movie had not yet finished working on two-face(last minute changes) mattel could not make the figure in tuime for a release because it wouldn't have been accurate.

DHOONIB that figure was for the 5 inch line. WE saw it months early because the 5 inch line is for kids and less detailed. Thats why the joker looks a tad different as well. They wanted to tone down the fright factor. They obviously had concept designs and drawings. SO mattel used those to have the figure ready in time for a proper relase, most likely next month for the dvd. However when it comes to the Movie Master line they want it to be as detailed as possible. SO when the movie had not yet finished working on two-face(last minute changes) mattel could not make the figure in tuime for a release because it wouldn't have been accurate.

I'm not speaking for dhoonib but i think he knows that. what he is sayin is they had that well befor and could have expaned upon it to make the MM figures. In other words if they can do that one in time then why can't they do a MM figure well befor spring of 2009

I'm not speaking for dhoonib but i think he knows that. what he is sayin is they had that well befor and could have expaned upon it to make the MM figures. In other words if they can do that one in time then why can't they do a MM figure well befor spring of 2009

in time for what? who has it? ovrseas? so would it put you at ease if the MM was done at the sametime as the 5 inch, but the only place that had them was overseas? for all we know they could be done as we speak. i can see it now......"the two face MM is out!" thread gets started, followed by the "crappy MM two face distribution" thread, wrapped up with the "mattel took long enough" thread. im not pointing a certain person, or persons out when i say this, but ALOT of you b!tch waaaay too much. these threads are filled to the top with complaints.

in time for what? who has it? ovrseas? so would it put you at ease if the MM was done at the sametime as the 5 inch, but the only place that had them was overseas? for all we know they could be done as we speak. i can see it now......"the two face MM is out!" thread gets started, followed by the "crappy MM two face distribution" thread, wrapped up with the "mattel took long enough" thread. im not pointing a certain person, or persons out when i say this, but ALOT of you b!tch waaaay too much. these threads are filled to the top with complaints.

Well yeah they are filled with complaints, while I enjoy the series like everyone else on here people tend to fall into the two categories, blame Mattel and eh they are doing alright. And I'm honest I do blame them for a lot of there strange business practices. But I'm not a economist and I can't rate them for everything they do but as a customer and fan I do think its strange that a full fledged wave 3 is not coming out till way after the dvd, in fact in 09. I think its strange that they can't seem to ship DCU, that very few people are able to buy them. And I think its strange they say they are finally trying to cater to the collector with Matty but there is nothing to buy on the site. Everything is sold out or preorder. When you look at like NECA or even Hasbro, they at least have the product out there. Hasbro doesn't get a flip about the collector but hey they are pushing the merch.

Also Batman27 I know that it was just for the 5 inch line but the reason Mattel is giving for not being able to put the MM Two Face out was b/c they did not have the design early enough. But they had the design early enough for the 5+ line now I know that might have been early drawings given to Mattel b/c I remember back when Batman and Robin came out the Bane that was in the figure line was actually a comic book Bane and he looked nothing like the movie version. So that could be it and I will be glad when it comes out. I'm just saying that I feel that its kind of a weird excuse and you would think that they would want the figure out by Christmas for the shopping season.

I guess at this point I'm a little tired of the production excuses. Like the figures disappearing, and production problems, and distribution problems, and then the Batpod was suppose to be shipping b/c of some interview like a month and a half before it actually hit shelves. And then the whole ordeal people are going through to get DCU. And the part that really boggles my mind is that MM wave one and two were like only a month or two apart. And then wave 3 is like 9 months apart? Doesn't that length of time seem a little odd? Couldn't they have thrown us some other new figures between that time? A Gordon or Rachel Dawes? Maybe Maroni or just Scarecrow in his suit and tie?

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant and by no means did I intend to piss anyone off. I'm just saying how I feel. If I did make anyone angry, I'm sorry that was not my intent at all.

Ok guys here's the deal. I have pics of the new wave. They look great. This includes Harvey, Two Face and Bank Robbery Joker. I'll be releasing the pics one at a time starting with Two Face tomorrow morning. Here's a teaser.

1148.JPG

stop it! im trying to get a scan everyone, so the pics of the new MMs might be up later.

00_MOVIE_MASTERS.jpg

Ha! Well thank god there's finally some picture confirmation. this makes me happy, but I still get the giggles out of the kit bashing. Harvey and bank robber joker still have the same hands that scarecrow and the thug did, that odd kinda "mostly closed" hand and the "index finger slightly out" hand. Not complaining, i just think it's funny to line up your toys and find they're all gesturing the same.

But I am really pleased with the two Harveys and Thug Joker. They'll be just what my little shelf needs.

Oh thank goodness. Those look awesome. Finally we get to see some of them. So Battle Damaged Bats and Scarecrow in suit will be in January, do you think there will be a third figure rounding out the wave or is two it?

i dont think that this disscussion has upset anyone, but it gets a little tired hearing about the lack of new MM's, and why. i too want to complete this line, but damn...

Yeah I understand but with the lack of updates on it other than the "WHERE ARE THE NEW ONE FIGURES?!" complaints its "Anyone seen a batpod?". Just not much going on with the line.

I'll have to wait till I get home to see Blight's pics, but my PDA can make out the 1st 2, & might I say they look SWEET!!

now I just spent the last half hour reading the last 3pgs of the thread & getting caught up. Pooda, why are you so hell bent on selling everyone on Mattel's B.S. excuses? Man you know in your heart that Matty is wack! I've personaly watch Two Wawa's break ground & get built.

I've watched as Masterpice after Masterpice get sculpted & released. Pooda this delay has NOTHING & I DO MEAN NOTHING to do with oil prices, plastic prices, or any other cock & bull mattel has spewed out their pie holes in a vain attempt to save their bacon.

This delay has EVERY THING TO DO WITH CORPERATE GREED!! Plain & simple. But you are right about one thing. complaing will do absolutly nothing to get these figs released any faster (mind u I said RELEASED & not MADE). Because I know there made already! Have been for MONTHS now! These figs have been sitting so long, don't be suprised if specks of dust are on or under the paint apps.

My reasons for complaing are not to get them to release any faster (altho that would be cool), but to get their lieing asses to CONFESS, CONFESS, CONFESS!!!..........................you greedy pricks.

Pooda, why are you so hell bent on selling everyone on Mattel's B.S. excuses?

My guess is because he's been able to find anything and everything he wants.

There's nothing to discuss, mainly because there are no new figures (Movie Masters) or they're not available (DCUC), so naturally discussion turns to that. Yet certain people, who have nothing to complain about and don't know what it's like anywhere else, continually defend Mattel and try to make the have-nots feel bad for complaining about being just that.

I think you might be right Eric. Mr. Pooda does indeed seem to have the Golden touch when it comes to aquiring rare figs of any kind. BUT, i'll say this in dudes defence. I don't think he want or is trying to make any one feel bad.

Pooda is a very cool person..............(lucky S.O.B), but still a very cool homi to have.

I think you might be right Eric. Mr. Pooda does indeed seem to have the Golden touch when it comes to aquiring rare figs of any kind. BUT, i'll say this in dudes defence. I don't think he want or is trying to make any one feel bad.

Pooda is a very cool person..............(lucky S.O.B), but still a very cool homi to have.

I guess we need to all move to milwaukee maybe we will have better luck lol