DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sup, i'm new here

Good to see some new people around here! 'Whats up', you say? We are just hoping for some new movie masters and talking about the false 'plastic shortage' which is Mattel's excuse for raising the prices. *sighs* Everybody just wants more money when they know people like us want to buy stuff from them.

Mattel's problem: they're too cheap.

They're constantly reusing molds to cut costs (which I don't blame them for at all), but they still remind us (complain) about how expensive it is to make action figures. And now they're taking it too far. They've used the economy and the increased price of plastic/petroleum (and probably some other things I can't think of right now) to justify price hikes across the board, and if that's not bad enough, they're offering repaints instead of new figures for a line that's only had five unique figures in 8 months.

By the way, oil has come back down in price, but is Mattel dropping the prices of their action figures? They sure aren't; they're in fact raising the prices on Infinite Heroes.

If it's too expensive to make figures, don't make them. Let someone else have the license who won't cry about costs, rip us off with price hikes, and then not offer enough/new figures to their loyal customers.

*rant over*

You mean to tell me you realy bought all those lame ass excuses about plastic and oil price!? People there is not now nor will there ever be a plastic shortage. I realy dont kn ow what the hell Mattel's problem is but i totaly agree with you Eric about this lame attempt at repaints after this long ass MM drought.

I dont even know why i bother. i'm just about done with Mattel, im headed back to the world of DCD after wave 8 of DCUC. I've always wanted a Gentelman Ghost!!! And if i score him, then im gonna call it quits for DCUC and all the rest of Mattel . I'm tired of their B.S.!!! @rambo@

I know man, I didn't buy the whole cost of plastic BS either. I mean come on, there is no problem with Lego or Hasbro and Star Wars producing toys so why is Mattel having so much trouble with the cost of plastic. If there is any shred of truth to the whole plastic thing they need to switch suppliers. But most likely its just another stupid excuse from Mattel on why they can't get figures out there. Lets mark that one under, the Two Face design was held back too late in the figure making process so we can't get one out till 09, and above, MMs have been temporarily recalled due to safety issues.

not true. the price of plastc is the exact reason hasbro gave for the price spike on the MLs.(1st excuse among others) im not saying its not b.s., but gas has effected my business greatly. the cost goes up for 2 reasons, 1.) traveling, and shipping suffers a great deal when a 30.00 gas trip cost 75.00 to complete. so add in how much oil they use in their plastic, and then raise the price of the oil by whatever, and thats a big difference! 2.) they can. it may sound bad, but if they see a chance to get more money....theyre gonna take it. you could seel what you have for cheaper than the comp, but youre gonna miss out on a lotta money....not in business fellas....not in business. anyway....mattel is also releasing two face, harvey dent, bank robbery joker, an the rest hasnt been released.

Are you just saying that they are coming out with those because its obvious that mattel would release them, or because two-face/harvey dent, and robbery joker have been confirmed somewhere.

confirmed.

They're constantly reusing molds to cut costs (which I don't blame them for at all), but they still remind us (complain) about how expensive it is to make action figures. And now they're taking it too far. They've used the economy and the increased price of plastic/petroleum (and probably some other things I can't think of right now) to justify price hikes across the board, and if that's not bad enough, they're offering repaints instead of new figures for a line that's only had five unique figures in 8 months.

By the way, oil has come back down in price, but is Mattel dropping the prices of their action figures? They sure aren't; they're in fact raising the prices on Infinite Heroes.

If it's too expensive to make figures, don't make them. Let someone else have the license who won't cry about costs, rip us off with price hikes, and then not offer enough/new figures to their loyal customers.

*rant over*

You mean to tell me you realy bought all those lame ass excuses about plastic and oil price!? People there is not now nor will there ever be a plastic shortage. I realy dont kn ow what the hell Mattel's problem is but i totaly agree with you Eric about this lame attempt at repaints after this long ass MM drought.

I dont even know why i bother. i'm just about done with Mattel, im headed back to the world of DCD after wave 8 of DCUC. I've always wanted a Gentelman Ghost!!! And if i score him, then im gonna call it quits for DCUC and all the rest of Mattel . I'm tired of their B.S.!!! @rambo@

I know man, I didn't buy the whole cost of plastic BS either. I mean come on, there is no problem with Lego or Hasbro and Star Wars producing toys so why is Mattel having so much trouble with the cost of plastic. If there is any shred of truth to the whole plastic thing they need to switch suppliers. But most likely its just another stupid excuse from Mattel on why they can't get figures out there. Lets mark that one under, the Two Face design was held back too late in the figure making process so we can't get one out till 09, and above, MMs have been temporarily recalled due to safety issues.

not true. the price of plastc is the exact reason hasbro gave for the price spike on the MLs.(1st excuse among others) im not saying its not b.s., but gas has effected my business greatly. the cost goes up for 2 reasons, 1.) traveling, and shipping suffers a great deal when a 30.00 gas trip cost 75.00 to complete. so add in how much oil they use in their plastic, and then raise the price of the oil by whatever, and thats a big difference! 2.) they can. it may sound bad, but if they see a chance to get more money....theyre gonna take it. you could seel what you have for cheaper than the comp, but youre gonna miss out on a lotta money....not in business fellas....not in business. anyway....mattel is also releasing two face, harvey dent, bank robbery joker, an the rest hasnt been released.

But see the difference was that Hasbro raised the price while Mattel claims they just can't afford to make as many figures. And the whats interesting is that you can walk down a toy aisle and see tons of toys from other companies, the prices might be a little higher but I don't see less Star Wars toys anywhere but Mattel has virtually no presence anymore unless its Barbie related. I get the whole price hike thing but gas prices are down, where I live its 2.08 a gallon. So you can't tell me Mattel can still pull the oil card BS.

*rant over*

But see the difference was that Hasbro raised the price while Mattel claims they just can't afford to make as many figures. And the whats interesting is that you can walk down a toy aisle and see tons of toys from other companies, the prices might be a little higher but I don't see less Star Wars toys anywhere but Mattel has virtually no presence anymore unless its Barbie related. I get the whole price hike thing but gas prices are down, where I live its 2.08 a gallon. So you can't tell me Mattel can still pull the oil card BS.

it might have a small amount of truth to it. like you said, you go down the isle and see SW, indy, trans, gi joe, and ML.... those are all hasbro figs. then you have either dcuc, infinate heroes and DK, but thats about it. ban dai has some ben 10 and power rangers, and jackks has the wwe...but thats it. it could all be BS....but why kill yor own sales?

*rant over*

it might have a small amount of truth to it. like you said, you go down the isle and see SW, indy, trans, gi joe, and ML.... those are all hasbro figs. then you have either dcuc, infinate heroes and DK, but thats about it. ban dai has some ben 10 and power rangers, and jackks has the wwe...but thats it. it could all be BS....but why kill yor own sales?

I think Mattel has some issues we do not know about. I think there has been tons of excuses for there goofy activities. But no real reason why there are so few figures on the pegs.

*rant over*

I think Mattel has some issues we do not know about. I think there has been tons of excuses for there goofy activities. But no real reason why there are so few figures on the pegs.

i can agree with that.

cool toy review had a Q and A up for mattel and they posted up my question lol,:

Cool Toy Review: When are we going to see a Movie Masters Two-Face? Almost everyone wants to know, so if you can just tell us about it and any other new movie masters you are planning, that would be great! Thank you.

Mattel: Two-Face will be out in Spring of 2009. We were not able to get reference for this character in time for the movie launch, but everyone at Mattel is very excited to get this must have character into the line.

cool toy review had a Q and A up for mattel and they posted up my question lol,:

Cool Toy Review: When are we going to see a Movie Masters Two-Face? Almost everyone wants to know, so if you can just tell us about it and any other new movie masters you are planning, that would be great! Thank you.

Mattel: Two-Face will be out in Spring of 2009. We were not able to get reference for this character in time for the movie launch, but everyone at Mattel is very excited to get this must have character into the line.

But Hot Toys was?

But Hot Toys was?

Very interesting. @hmmm@

I think this is a case of "That's our story and we're sticking to it." Mattel's saying they couldn't get reference photos, so that's their justification for 1 new MM figure (Scarecrow) since what, April or May? And by the time Spring 2009 hits, it'll be about a year.

I think I speak for everyone that.... that is a load of crap!!! And by the time spring rolls around alot of people want even be interested any more. Its almost like mattel wants there hotest toy lines to die off. But they continue to make cars line toys and that movie has been well forgottin about. It just makes me wantt to scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think I speak for everyone that.... that is a load of crap!!! And by the time spring rolls around alot of people want even be interested any more. Its almost like mattel wants there hotest toy lines to die off. But they continue to make cars line toys and that movie has been well forgottin about. It just makes me wantt to scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

actually you dont speak for me at all I am not gonna lose interest in this, and relax it is not that big of a deal just gotta be laid back we will see pics of new movie masters between now and toyfair and nycc which are less than 2 months away

I'm afraid I've already lost interest. I don't have a Thug, but I wonder now if I'd even bother to buy one if I found one at retail. I've seen Scarecrow multiple times and passed because my interest just isn't there anymore. If Two-Face is cool or if they announce some characters from other films, maybe that will rekindle my interest.

actually you dont speak for me at all I am not gonna lose interest in this, and relax it is not that big of a deal just gotta be laid back we will see pics of new movie masters between now and toyfair and nycc which are less than 2 months away

So you dont think there excuses are a load of crap????

I don't care thats all

I don't care thats all

Thats fine if you dont care thats all you, but i bet alot of others here do care. And there tired of all the lame stories and puched back relese dates and every other story they have thrown at us.

you all act as if youre sitting around biting your nails, rocking back and forth shaking or somethng. when it comes....GREAT! until then...sit on your hands or something. as far as i know, there's little to no products of two face period, from anyon.(could be wrong)

I don't care thats all

Personally I think that just arguing back and forth if you care or if you want lose interest serves no purpose but either way I think that its true that Mattel is pulling something strange here, why would they want to wait till 09 to add to the line? Christmas shopping season should be the target they are going for. It doesn't make any sense why they would want to hold off. And Pooda, were you referring to movie Two Face or like the character in general?

I don't care thats all

Personally I think that just arguing back and forth if you care or if you want lose interest serves no purpose but either way I think that its true that Mattel is pulling something strange here, why would they want to wait till 09 to add to the line? Christmas shopping season should be the target they are going for. It doesn't make any sense why they would want to hold off. And Pooda, were you referring to movie Two Face or like the character in general?

I think a lot of you guys have lost some perspective here. yeah it's been ages for US. the collectors, but keeping in mind some of Mattel's production problems COMBINED with the lateness of release material on Two Face, and it's not so hard to understand. My theory is that it was simply too late to maneuver a christmas release, at least one of quality, due to their other company problems.

Therefore why not wait until spring to make something that's not a rushed hack job? There's a lot of time consuming factors some of you aren't considering, they are a big business after all. Not saying I've talked to their CEO and know every little hold up, or even that they're not being lazy, but they are a business and interested in turning profit off of a popular item, namely anything to do with the wildly popular Dark Knight, so I have difficulty believing the execs are sitting back laughing and WANTING to piss off the fans with delays.

Just grow some patience, the spring product should be good.

(As for the other companies putting out Two Face stuff, keep in mind that the breadth of product those companies ship out and make is less than Mattel, so they have greater leisure to put immediate effort into a Two Face product.)

I don't care thats all

I think a lot of you guys have lost some perspective here. yeah it's been ages for US. the collectors, but keeping in mind some of Mattel's production problems COMBINED with the lateness of release material on Two Face, and it's not so hard to understand. My theory is that it was simply too late to maneuver a christmas release, at least one of quality, due to their other company problems.

Therefore why not wait until spring to make something that's not a rushed hack job? There's a lot of time consuming factors some of you aren't considering, they are a big business after all. Not saying I've talked to their CEO and know every little hold up, or even that they're not being lazy, but they are a business and interested in turning profit off of a popular item, namely anything to do with the wildly popular Dark Knight, so I have difficulty believing the execs are sitting back laughing and WANTING to piss off the fans with delays.

(As for the other companies putting out Two Face stuff, keep in mind that the breadth of product those companies ship out and make is less than Mattel, so they have greater leisure to put immediate effort into a Two Face product.)

I get what you are saying and you very well could be right but I think what most of us are thinking is that we knew Two Face was going to be in the movie. We knew he was one of the main characters in the movie. But for some reason known only to Mattel they did not secure the rights to the figure early on in the figure making process? He should have second or third on the list. The Thug and Scarecrow should not have come out before his extra crispy scalp did. I can understand Ra's Al Ghul taking a bit of time b/c they are having to secure likeness rights from Liam Neeson (spl?) but we know that Eckhardt gave his consent b/c of the Hot Toys figure. So either way we are still left with the question, what gives?

I don't care thats all

I get what you are saying and you very well could be right but I think what most of us are thinking is that we knew Two Face was going to be in the movie. We knew he was one of the main characters in the movie. But for some reason known only to Mattel they did not secure the rights to the figure early on in the figure making process? He should have second or third on the list. The Thug and Scarecrow should not have come out before his extra crispy scalp did. I can understand Ra's Al Ghul taking a bit of time b/c they are having to secure likeness rights from Liam Neeson (spl?) but we know that Eckhardt gave his consent b/c of the Hot Toys figure. So either way we are still left with the question, what gives?

if i may add tothat the hot toys is a part of dc and all or most of the 12 inch figs like the hot toys are molded into smaller 6 inch figs so by x mas they couldnt do that.? and mattel dont give a crud about the collector if they did there would be more DCUC on the pegs. and they wouldn't just throw a different head on the same body.

Just like the he man line you mean to tell me back in the 80s it was easyer to produce a fig with removeabl armor or what ever and in todays times its harder. In mattels case 2+ 2 is comeing up 6 and theres just something foul a foot. and they can produce wave 8 pics of DCUC and pump out thoses silly 3 3/4 DC universe figs that every one seems to hate or at least not happy with.

Be smarter than that come on

I don't care thats all

movie two face. everything made from the movie came out before the movie except him..... they didnt even put him on any posters.