DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

So were getting a DK Scarecrow and a final battle DK Batman and we still want a TWO FACE, they just have to use that body sculpt the left side of the suit jacket so it looks burned, sculpt a tie on the shirt and just make a two face head and maybe a harvey dent one for a variant

we dont know what else were getting, they only showed 2 figs. bats could be a chase...who knows? they already said that were getting 2 face, so i think were pretty safe on that. remember when i said that mattel didnt know what to release? see kit bashes.... ill bet we get a bank robber joker, and another goon as well.

I remember you talking about kit bashed stuff cause I had to ask what is kit bashed ment. But looks like we still wont see anything till 2009 which sucks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Batman is really weak. A battle-damaged Batman figure? What is this, 1990s Toybiz X-Men?

Mattel blows me away sometimes. DCIH have jumped repeatedly in price, DCUC barely ships, and Movie Masters haven't had new figures in months only to offer two repaints as two new figures.

I made these using photoshop:

2009Batman.jpg

2009Scarecrow.jpg

Hell all you have to do is pull the head off the exsisting scarecrow and use the gonn body. Pull off the stupid neck tie thing primer the shirt then paint it looks to be olive green or drak brown from the move and there you go you dont have to wait till 2009. I agree mattel is blowing me away with all this reuseing stuff

But just shows you the limits they go to just to make a buck. Its sad really

And good job on the scarecrow its almost perfect to the movie. Only thing left is hes wearing a dark red or burgendy tie in the movie

Mattel's problem: they're too cheap.

They're constantly reusing molds to cut costs (which I don't blame them for at all), but they still remind us (complain) about how expensive it is to make action figures. And now they're taking it too far. They've used the economy and the increased price of plastic/petroleum (and probably some other things I can't think of right now) to justify price hikes across the board, and if that's not bad enough, they're offering repaints instead of new figures for a line that's only had five unique figures in 8 months.

By the way, oil has come back down in price, but is Mattel dropping the prices of their action figures? They sure aren't; they're in fact raising the prices on Infinite Heroes.

If it's too expensive to make figures, don't make them. Let someone else have the license who won't cry about costs, rip us off with price hikes, and then not offer enough/new figures to their loyal customers.

*rant over*

They're constantly reusing molds to cut costs (which I don't blame them for at all), but they still remind us (complain) about how expensive it is to make action figures. And now they're taking it too far. They've used the economy and the increased price of plastic/petroleum (and probably some other things I can't think of right now) to justify price hikes across the board, and if that's not bad enough, they're offering repaints instead of new figures for a line that's only had five unique figures in 8 months.

By the way, oil has come back down in price, but is Mattel dropping the prices of their action figures? They sure aren't; they're in fact raising the prices on Infinite Heroes.

If it's too expensive to make figures, don't make them. Let someone else have the license who won't cry about costs, rip us off with price hikes, and then not offer enough/new figures to their loyal customers.

*rant over*

I agree 100% if they cant deliver then sell it to hasbro or someother toy company that would give a damn. BUt as far as price nothing has come down price wise. hell gas is 199 here and still everything is the same price or higher food, figures, clothes, etc.

BUt back to the topic of post. Again i see gi joes every where hell there on like wave 10 or 13 and marvel putting out 2 packs and new hulk figures. and damn spiderman everywhere. But dc and or mattel can't put figures out on time or even give relese dates. even on the DCUC web site there bitching about not finding this stuff.

I think its a load of crap about them not being able to put out a two face figure sooner they can keep pumping out all thes repaints and bullcrap different poses. I damn sure think they could do something more. All I know is you really have to be a fool or a fan to stay with dc and or mattel. I guess maybe im both

ill take them! i need a bats thats damaged(always need a damaged fig) plus he has sonar vision. ill also except craine. hes a kit bash, but it wont cost me 25.00 to do it, and he did appear in both movies like that, so......add the ras and two face....and im good until round 4!

All I know is you really have to be a fool or a fan to stay with dc and or mattel. I guess maybe im both

Same here. That's why I care enough to whine on a message board on a regular basis but still buy DCUC when I find it (and Movie Masters when they make new figures). :)

wizarduniverse.com shop has posted up preorders for the 2009 dark knight 5 inch line:

Gotham City's dark protector returned to defend his city against the forces of evil in summer 2008's blockbuster film, The Dark Knight! Now fans can relive the excitement of the film with the new The Dark Knight 5' Action Figures, complete with accessories! Figures in this assortment are scheduled to include Grapel Gear Batman, Shoulder Cannon Batman, Spin Blade Batman, Coin Toss Two-Face, Sky Fyre Batman, Harvey Dent, Punch Packing Joker, Riot Shield Batman, and more! Blister card packaging.

Man, how goofy is that? I wanted one of those Scarecrow's to begin with, but the Batman only looks to have sonar eyes and nothing else. Real "battle-damaged." I've never cared for battle damage figures, anyway, but there's still no concrete guarantee of Ras and Two Face. I'm sure they'd love to release another Joker after all we went through with Wave 1...

*rant over*

I agree 100% if they cant deliver then sell it to hasbro or someother toy company that would give a damn. BUt as far as price nothing has come down price wise. hell gas is 199 here and still everything is the same price or higher food, figures, clothes, etc.

BUt back to the topic of post. Again i see gi joes every where hell there on like wave 10 or 13 and marvel putting out 2 packs and new hulk figures. and damn spiderman everywhere. But dc and or mattel can't put figures out on time or even give relese dates. even on the DCUC web site there bitching about not finding this stuff.

I think its a load of crap about them not being able to put out a two face figure sooner they can keep pumping out all thes repaints and bullcrap different poses. I damn sure think they could do something more. All I know is you really have to be a fool or a fan to stay with dc and or mattel. I guess maybe im both

Can't comment much on the price since I don't know anything but I'm betting Mattel is keeping Two-Face and new characters for NYCC and a release date sometime March-June. The movie Masters line is sculpted by the Four horsemen and Four horsemen aren't exclusive to Mattel so they have other jobs like NECA's TMNT line to work with and not to mention what I believe to be the most time cosuming: The DCUC line. Remember so far we've seen the line up till series 8 and that's like 30 unreleased figures all sculpted by them. Who know's what else is currently in works. Toys are planned ahead a year earlier.

*rant over*

You mean to tell me you realy bought all those lame ass excuses about plastic and oil price!? People there is not now nor will there ever be a plastic shortage. I realy dont kn ow what the hell Mattel's problem is but i totaly agree with you Eric about this lame attempt at repaints after this long ass MM drought.

I dont even know why i bother. i'm just about done with Mattel, im headed back to the world of DCD after wave 8 of DCUC. I've always wanted a Gentelman Ghost!!! And if i score him, then im gonna call it quits for DCUC and all the rest of Mattel . I'm tired of their B.S.!!! @rambo@

scarecrow2.jpg

scarecrow.jpg

sorry my cam suks too this is a small attempt at a custom

what did you do to it? is it photoshop? or did you add lights?

no its not photo shop and no its not lights its just i painted the eyes bright red then took a tooth pick and dotted some white in the middle my version of fear toxin scarecrow

scarecrow2.jpg

scarecrow.jpg

I took bright red paint and did the eyes.

then took a tooth pick and did white in the middle of the eyes. nothing to impressive but i thought it made it a little bit nicer looking. My version of fear toxin scarecrow

scarecrow2.jpg

scarecrow.jpg

then took a tooth pick and did white in the middle of the eyes. nothing to impressive but i thought it made it a little bit nicer looking. My version of fear toxin scarecrow

That's awesome. It came out really cool.

scarecrow2.jpg

scarecrow.jpg

That's awesome. It came out really cool.

thanks alot! these pics dont do it justice but still thanks

*rant over*

You mean to tell me you realy bought all those lame ass excuses about plastic and oil price!? People there is not now nor will there ever be a plastic shortage. I realy dont kn ow what the hell Mattel's problem is but i totaly agree with you Eric about this lame attempt at repaints after this long ass MM drought.

I dont even know why i bother. i'm just about done with Mattel, im headed back to the world of DCD after wave 8 of DCUC. I've always wanted a Gentelman Ghost!!! And if i score him, then im gonna call it quits for DCUC and all the rest of Mattel . I'm tired of their B.S.!!! @rambo@

I know man, I didn't buy the whole cost of plastic BS either. I mean come on, there is no problem with Lego or Hasbro and Star Wars producing toys so why is Mattel having so much trouble with the cost of plastic. If there is any shred of truth to the whole plastic thing they need to switch suppliers. But most likely its just another stupid excuse from Mattel on why they can't get figures out there. Lets mark that one under, the Two Face design was held back too late in the figure making process so we can't get one out till 09, and above, MMs have been temporarily recalled due to safety issues.

*rant over*

I know man, I didn't buy the whole cost of plastic BS either. I mean come on, there is no problem with Lego or Hasbro and Star Wars producing toys so why is Mattel having so much trouble with the cost of plastic. If there is any shred of truth to the whole plastic thing they need to switch suppliers. But most likely its just another stupid excuse from Mattel on why they can't get figures out there. Lets mark that one under, the Two Face design was held back too late in the figure making process so we can't get one out till 09, and above, MMs have been temporarily recalled due to safety issues.

not true. the price of plastc is the exact reason hasbro gave for the price spike on the MLs.(1st excuse among others) im not saying its not b.s., but gas has effected my business greatly. the cost goes up for 2 reasons, 1.) traveling, and shipping suffers a great deal when a 30.00 gas trip cost 75.00 to complete. so add in how much oil they use in their plastic, and then raise the price of the oil by whatever, and thats a big difference! 2.) they can. it may sound bad, but if they see a chance to get more money....theyre gonna take it. you could seel what you have for cheaper than the comp, but youre gonna miss out on a lotta money....not in business fellas....not in business. anyway....mattel is also releasing two face, harvey dent, bank robbery joker, an the rest hasnt been released.

*rant over*

not true. the price of plastc is the exact reason hasbro gave for the price spike on the MLs.(1st excuse among others) im not saying its not b.s., but gas has effected my business greatly. the cost goes up for 2 reasons, 1.) traveling, and shipping suffers a great deal when a 30.00 gas trip cost 75.00 to complete. so add in how much oil they use in their plastic, and then raise the price of the oil by whatever, and thats a big difference! 2.) they can. it may sound bad, but if they see a chance to get more money....theyre gonna take it. you could seel what you have for cheaper than the comp, but youre gonna miss out on a lotta money....not in business fellas....not in business. anyway....mattel is also releasing two face, harvey dent, bank robbery joker, an the rest hasnt been released.

Are you just saying that they are coming out with those because its obvious that mattel would release them, or because two-face/harvey dent, and robbery joker have been confirmed somewhere.