DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

the wave 3 will be two face and others.....until that wave comes, the pod isnt late. the info didnt say that they(2pak/pod) would come at the same time, just that it would be released as part of the 2.5 wave(which is still going on)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wave 3 will be two face and others.....until that wave comes, the pod isnt late. the info didnt say that they(2pak/pod) would come at the same time, just that it would be released as part of the 2.5 wave(which is still going on)

lol so really wave 2 started back in what June? Damn this is the longest wave ever! So basically its just keep your eyes open for the pod type of deal?

lol so really wave 2 started back in what June? Damn this is the longest wave ever! So basically its just keep your eyes open for the pod type of deal?

This does make me feel a little silly for buying the 5 inch batpod out of desperation, but what are we supposed to do with so little solid information to depend on for release information and quantity? I can live with the littler batpod, but I am glad to hear they're finally just coming out and saying, "Yes, Harvey's toy is coming, and R'as is gonna be with him." That makes me feel a lot more satisfied already.

This does make me feel a little silly for buying the 5 inch batpod out of desperation, but what are we supposed to do with so little solid information to depend on for release information and quantity? I can live with the littler batpod, but I am glad to hear they're finally just coming out and saying, "Yes, Harvey's toy is coming, and R'as is gonna be with him." That makes me feel a lot more satisfied already.

I def agree with you on the lack of solid information. We should be hearing something. I'm glad Pooda got that info but even still it doesn't give any real timeline of the MM line itself. It just kind of reiterates the little we know. There will be a batpod, there will be a Two-Face, and we figured a Ras. But as for actual releases we still don't know.

wave two was the begins figs.

the 5" batpod was a good buy. untill they release a bigger one.....it'll have to do.

I def agree with you on the lack of solid information. We should be hearing something. I'm glad Pooda got that info but even still it doesn't give any real timeline of the MM line itself. It just kind of reiterates the little we know. There will be a batpod, there will be a Two-Face, and we figured a Ras. But as for actual releases we still don't know.

i dont think mattel knew what to do next...... they probally had no clue who to release with two-face and ras.

wave two was the begins figs.

the 5" batpod was a good buy. untill they release a bigger one.....it'll have to do.

i dont think mattel knew what to do next...... they probally had no clue who to release with two-face and ras.

I don't think they know now what to release.

Also I knew Wave 2 was the Begins figures but wave 2 is still going, wave 2.2, 2.4, 2....um whatever point is coming up next. So basically wave 2 is the longest wave ever in the history of modern action figures.

PS...something has bugged me today. Mattel said that Two-Face is coming in 09 b/c designs of the character wasn't released till late in the production run on wave one and into wave two. Basically saying that they were given the info on Two-Face so late that they couldn't produce a figure of him till 09. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is the gist of it. But Mattel had a prototype of the 5'' figure a while back and Hot Toys is already showing a pic of there Two-Face figure and even though its just of his lower jaws it still looks cool. So what the point basically is that Hot Toys was able to make this figure much faster than Mattel is, so were they given special privileges to the model of the character? Is the 5'' version just a crappy version based on early models of the character and they are trying to make the MM better? Or is the whole not given materials early enough for the MM thing just BS to shut us up?

i think that we(collectors) scare mattel....i really do. two-face was coming coming late because they didnt want to show him before the movie was released (movie pics got leaked though) thats why mattel came with the BB wave. they probally were going to use ras in the second wave, but the joker demand was too high....so he(joker) was added in. then mattel moved ras to the third wave(who originally only had two-face), and got stuck with a completly different wave, with two figures that they MUST release, and no idea what to do next. the 09 crap would be a result of that.(if any of this were true)

the new Toy Fare issue makes no mention of any different 'waves' of figures...it only lists the figures and their prices as of this month. I think all this 'wave' stuff is just peoples imagination! Including my own! lol. I mean, if their was a separate wave, or different variation, I'm sure they would have listed it in their price guide!

i think that we(collectors) scare mattel....i really do. two-face was coming coming late because they didnt want to show him before the movie was released (movie pics got leaked though) thats why mattel came with the BB wave. they probally were going to use ras in the second wave, but the joker demand was too high....so he(joker) was added in. then mattel moved ras to the third wave(who originally only had two-face), and got stuck with a completly different wave, with two figures that they MUST release, and no idea what to do next. the 09 crap would be a result of that.(if any of this were true)

I understand not wanting to show him before the movie release but didn't mean they had to. At press events several companies put out there line and if there isn't a figure they want to show they just put a cardboard stand in with say a bat signal on it and write "Two-Face coming soon". The thing is though is Hot Toys already has a preview pic of Two-Face available to the public, where the only so called pic we have seen from Mattel is a grainy pic of the 5 incher several months back. And all these mini waves that are just the figures rereleased is getting old. But you know what who knows what Mattel is doing? You could be right we scare Mattel and they don't know how to treat the fans buying this line that Mattel actually made for us.

the new Toy Fare issue makes no mention of any different 'waves' of figures...it only lists the figures and their prices as of this month. I think all this 'wave' stuff is just peoples imagination! Including my own! lol. I mean, if their was a separate wave, or different variation, I'm sure they would have listed it in their price guide!

The variations are too small. And the price is generally the same for figures of wave 1 or otherwise. The only generally noticeable difference between the figures is new suit Batman's pose. Otherwise the figures are pretty much the same. And besides I don't trust Toy Fare anymore. They didn't have a real market value for MMs till July of this year and they had been out and causing a huge mess on ebay for a while at that point.

I understand not wanting to show him before the movie release but didn't mean they had to. At press events several companies put out there line and if there isn't a figure they want to show they just put a cardboard stand in with say a bat signal on it and write "Two-Face coming soon". The thing is though is Hot Toys already has a preview pic of Two-Face available to the public, where the only so called pic we have seen from Mattel is a grainy pic of the 5 incher several months back. And all these mini waves that are just the figures rereleased is getting old. But you know what who knows what Mattel is doing? You could be right we scare Mattel and they don't know how to treat the fans buying this line that Mattel actually made for us.

The variations are too small. And the price is generally the same for figures of wave 1 or otherwise. The only generally noticeable difference between the figures is new suit Batman's pose. Otherwise the figures are pretty much the same. And besides I don't trust Toy Fare anymore. They didn't have a real market value for MMs till July of this year and they had been out and causing a huge mess on ebay for a while at that point.

i figured that toyfare was F.O.S when i started on these boards.

Wait, wait, when was Ras confirmed at SDCC? I saw the quote about Two Face, but Ras? Or is that still just an assumption?

Check the page before this one. Pooda posted a bunch of info about Ras being in wave 3 in 09. Its not 100% certain but we all kind of knew it was going to happen.

Do they have TDK bats in? I see an out of stock joker, Scarecrow, BB Batman, and "Nightmare" Batman.

I wish I had a local Toys R Us, I'd check it regularly, but all i have in my town is a Wal Mart and K Mart. Wal Mart had an astounding 8 Jokers in the MM line on hand, a few BB and TDK Batmans, and nothing else. Scarecrow and Ghoul Bats nowhere to be seen. All I need is that blasted Ghoul :P gah.