DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

Well here's a better Joker one that shows the neck tie.

6708001ma2.jpg

Here's a better shot of the side of my Batman (no holes) I thought this was a wave one...but with that weird UPC sticker I couldn't see any of the original numbers.

6708002vs3.jpg

Here's the one hole in the back of the Batman package

6708003og0.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6708001ma2.jpg

Here's a better shot of the side of my Batman (no holes) I thought this was a wave one...but with that weird UPC sticker I couldn't see any of the original numbers.

6708002vs3.jpg

6708003og0.jpg

My TDK Batman has a hole in the back of the blister card as well but not as big as that one. And I can not see the Joker shirt well enough to tell you, what kind of pattern is it?

The ones appear to be from a third mix that contains 3 DK Batman figures and one of the wave one Joker. I've run across quite a few of them and in fact the Unmasked chase I picked up the other day has that sticker on the bottom, the hole on the lower back of the card.

I suspect it was meant to help Mattel during production keep track of these figures from the recalled ones from wave one. From what I can tell the DK Batman and the Jokers from this wave are identical to the figures in wave one with no changes in paint coloring or decos unlike the Joker that comes in wave two.

6708001ma2.jpg

6708002vs3.jpg

6708003og0.jpg

from the hole in the back, i would say 1st version. if the tie has sideways L shaped designs....its the 1st one. if the lines look like horizontal waves...its the 2nd-3rd.

Jesus Christ...........people this is just plain sad. Has it realy come down to this. Are you guys realy that desperate for some kind of variant MM joker that your scrutinizing microscopic lines on a tiny "winsor knot" & shrit tie collar? Are people realy that determined to find some number or minute differance that make their Joker more valuable than the ones released May 1st?

I think all of you need to find & take some kind of class 3 narcitic pill & CHILL OUT! LOL. when there ready the veriants will roll out. & if they want the figs to continue being a success then Mattle will STEP ON IT! Because if they continue to trifle with my patients then as I've said. the open arm of DCD are always waiting.

Jesus Christ...........people this is just plain sad. Has it realy come down to this. Are you guys realy that desperate for some kind of variant MM joker that your scrutinizing microscopic lines on a tiny "winsor knot" & shrit tie collar? Are people realy that determined to find some number or minute differance that make their Joker more valuable than the ones released May 1st?

I think all of you need to find & take some kind of class 3 narcitic pill & CHILL OUT! LOL. when there ready the veriants will roll out. & if they want the figs to continue being a success then Mattle will STEP ON IT! Because if they continue to trifle with my patients then as I've said. the open arm of DCD are always waiting.

I don't think it has anything to do with value its more just trying to figure out what wave and version we all have. Its rather rare for a company to not release another production run of a wave and instead release the figure either slightly modified or the packaging modified in a new wave. With Mattel's sudden drought and then figures coming out with holes in the packaging and now with wave three coming out and there is no holes and different modifications and whatnot its becoming hard to keep up what wave you have and if there is different waves and who is coming out with what changes. Its really strange to see little changes made to these figures over and over again.

um...that's what collecting toys is all about correct? What a joker..lol #US1#

i wont lie.....i had that same thought. then i realized that WE (SQ, PJ, MYSELF, and someone else....cant remember) were making such big deals and keeping such keen focus on these things(hell...we knew case #'s dcpi #'s ect...) that we forgot that alot of people didnt get these the 1st time around, and need to know whats what.

If there's a sticker on the outside of the package with the UPC# on it...then it's the series 2 figure.

Series 2 UPC sticker -

IMGP0565.jpg

Seriess 1 & 2 figures side by side comparison pics - Scupts are the same. The only difference is the paint scheme. Series 2 has blond hilights in the hair and the shirt collar is painted differently - (I covered up the red above the lips on my series 1 figure)

IMGP0678.jpg

IMGP0677.jpg

" I covered up the red above his lips"......ok I got a question. If most of you guys realy do open your stuff & are willing to customize or kit bash them, then what the hell differance does it make to you what series or wave these things are???

Accordingto most of you, the packageing for all these MMs your talking about should be filling some land fill by now! I know its fun to find the differance & all, & I'm not knocking any one for doing so, I just thought i'd throw that pice of lodgic out there.

I mean after all, its not like any of us are dirty scalpers.............................right.

*tumble weed rolls by*

" I covered up the red above his lips"......ok I got a question. If most of you guys realy do open your stuff & are willing to customize or kit bash them, then what the hell differance does it make to you what series or wave these things are???

Accordingto most of you, the packageing for all these MMs your talking about should be filling some land fill by now! I know its fun to find the differance & all, & I'm not knocking any one for doing so, I just thought i'd throw that pice of lodgic out there.

I mean after all, its not like any of us are dirty scalpers.............................right.

*tumble weed rolls by*

You've lost me here. You quoted my comment, but I was just answering the question on what the difference between the two was. I really don't care what the difference was because I opened them as soon as I got home and took a pic of them for the breakdown I did on them at POA.

http://www.pointsofarticulation.com/phpBB2...ea6533eccaf1022

Now one is sitting at my computer with Scarecrow and my two MM Batman fixups. (added cloth capes to both batman figures) and the other Joker is on a shelf with the all the figures in the series (minus the Fear Toxin Bats which I still haven't found)

*tumble weed rolls by*

I don't think it has anything to do with value its more just trying to figure out what wave and version we all have.

All I know is I have a Movie Master Joker.

I have not read all 29 pages of this thread. I do NOT know how many "variants"-or lack there of- there are.

I just have one and I'm ahppy :D

Is Mattel shipping Joker's thugs figures anymore? I found 3 Jokers today at Wal mart and I really want some thugs. Anyone know?

I found one last week so I assume they are. It was the only one I was missing except for the variants.

If there's a sticker on the outside of the package with the UPC# on it...then it's the series 2 figure.

Series 2 UPC sticker -

IMGP0565.jpg

Seriess 1 & 2 figures side by side comparison pics - Scupts are the same. The only difference is the paint scheme. Series 2 has blond hilights in the hair and the shirt collar is painted differently - (I covered up the red above the lips on my series 1 figure)

IMGP0678.jpg

IMGP0677.jpg

okay....look at the ties on the above pic. look at the difference between them. the one on our left is the wave 1.

I don't think it has anything to do with value its more just trying to figure out what wave and version we all have.

I have not read all 29 pages of this thread. I do NOT know how many "variants"-or lack there of- there are.

Thank you yojoebro, that was totaly my point. Even tho I got my Joker on the 1st of May, if I found out that mine is not a "so called" wave1, I wouldn't loose a seconds sleep over it.

Like you said, I'm just happy I got one. *smile*

Thank you yojoebro, that was totaly my point. Even tho I got my Joker on the 1st of May, if I found out that mine is not a "so called" wave1, I wouldn't loose a seconds sleep over it.

Mine is wave 2 and I'm happy as hell but I do like knowing all the different versions out there. I guess its silly but its interesting to me about all the different versions. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either but I like keeping up with it. @lol@

im a wave 1 member.....doesnt meam s***! only thing i got out of it was, my figs early as possible, not having to pay a scalper price, and again...not having to wait 3 monts to get one. i guess thats alot, but you get what im saying. the sheer satisfaction of having a MM joker should be enough for ANYBODY.

OK I thought you were implying I bought them for some sort of $ value rather than the joy of having them in my collection.

OK I thought you were implying I bought them for some sort of $ value rather than the joy of having them in my collection.

I HIT THE JACKPOT TODAY...I LIVE ON THE EAST COAST...NOT SAYING WHERE BECAUSE I DONT WANT PEOPLE TO STEAL MY MOVIE MASTERS ROUTE....I FOUND 4 JOKERS and A WAVE 1 CHASE...UNMASKED BATMAN...COST ME LIKE 70 Bucks Almost...But it was well worth it....I HAd just won a bid for 48 dollars on ebay for the same chase....so i canceled my payment....IF ANYONE NEEDS A JOKER FOR REASONABLE PRICE....PM ME

So my TRU.com order I had placed back in April for the TRU Exclusive MM 2-packs were canceled last week by TRU.com then resubmitted the next day by TRU.com shipped today. (well half of it) When it was canceled last week my order status had showed the Batman Begins Batman vs. Scarecrow was "located in stock" and being held for a release date and the Batman vs. Joker was on BO. So when they resubmitted it saying it was canceled by mistake the order switched so the TDK vs Joker set was in stock with the Batman Begins vs. Scarecrow on BO. Anyway the Batman vs. Joker set shipped today.

Luckily I didn't/don't really need any of these as I found all except the series 2 Fear Toxin Batman chase figure at TRU/Target/Wal-Mart. But I never canceled the order as I liked how they looked in the packaging, plus I didn't want to mess my wife up with the bills by canceling the order.