DARK KNIGHT: MOVIE MASTERS

pooda

They've been (supposedly) temporarily pulled from shelves and will supposedly be back in a week or two (I'd bet just in time for the movie).

Also, just to burst the conspiracy theorists' bubble - Just because one moron pays $40 for something on Ebay doesn't mean hundreds of thousands of someones will pay that much for it (or even close). Toy manufacturers don't base their prices off the secondary market. They'd never sell anything if they did.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been (supposedly) temporarily pulled from shelves and will supposedly be back in a week or two (I'd bet just in time for the movie).

Also, just to burst the conspiracy theorists' bubble - Just because one moron pays $40 for something on Ebay doesn't mean hundreds of thousands of someones will pay that much for it (or even close). Toy manufacturers don't base their prices off the secondary market. They'd never sell anything if they did.

1st I never said that manufacturers made their prices off the secondary market. If you re-read my post it says the oposite, that scalper are makeing their prices close to retail with a sizeable mark up.

2nd, you say that the masses would never pay a hefty mark up on a toy. MAN-O-MAN what cave have you been living in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

toy history is riddeled with mass crazy people willing to kill for thay one special toy that they just gotta have. Ever hear of Cabbagepatch Kids? Poke mon, dragon ballz cards, & the latest these webkinz that people fork out ungodly cash for. So don't say people won't pay, because there plenty of data that proves you wrong.

1st I never said that manufacturers made their prices off the secondary market. If you re-read my post it says the oposite, that scalper are makeing their prices close to retail with a sizeable mark up.

2nd, you say that the masses would never pay a hefty mark up on a toy. MAN-O-MAN what cave have you been living in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

toy history is riddeled with mass crazy people willing to kill for thay one special toy that they just gotta have. Ever hear of Cabbagepatch Kids? Poke mon, dragon ballz cards, & the latest these webkinz that people fork out ungodly cash for. So don't say people won't pay, because there plenty of data that proves you wrong.

Sure, show me the statistics that definitively proves that the number of people paying exorbitant prices for "hot" toys (on Ebay or otherwise) are more than half the population of toy buyers (which would make them the majority, which could qualify as "the masses"). Since there's "plenty of data" this should be no problem for you, right?

Oh wait, you're not going to find it, so basically you're just blowing smoke.

Second, show me where anyone but hardcore toy collectors particularly cares about the scarcity of the "Movie Masters" figures? If they're not a "ZOMG Every Parent Needs Them For Their Kids" toy, then it's a flawed example.

Lastly, the Movie Masters weren't even on shelves long enough for any sort of definitive data on them being a "cash cow" to come in. The shipped in fairly limited numbers to begin with, and first shipments of such items tend to sell through regardless of prospects for long-term success. Most toy manufacturers aren't going to assume their product is a raging success until it's been out a little longer than a month.

Sure, show me the statistics that definitively proves that the number of people paying exorbitant prices for "hot" toys (on Ebay or otherwise) are more than half the population of toy buyers (which would make them the majority, which could qualify as "the masses"). Since there's "plenty of data" this should be no problem for you, right?

Oh wait, you're not going to find it, so basically you're just blowing smoke.

Second, show me where anyone but hardcore toy collectors particularly cares about the scarcity of the "Movie Masters" figures? If they're not a "ZOMG Every Parent Needs Them For Their Kids" toy, then it's a flawed example.

Lastly, the Movie Masters weren't even on shelves long enough for any sort of definitive data on them being a "cash cow" to come in. The shipped in fairly limited numbers to begin with, and first shipments of such items tend to sell through regardless of prospects for long-term success. Most toy manufacturers aren't going to assume their product is a raging success until it's been out a little longer than a month.

what i think you guys dont understand is......these are some of the hottest toys from one of the hottest movies(rumored) this summer, and they released the toys 2 and a half months before the movie was released in limited #s, so.....of course its marketing! hype it up, then reship......but i dont think that mattel cares about second hand prices, or base the product price on the second hand market. you gotta always tell yourself this.....its only worth what someones willing to pay for it. all the people getting played outta their money, for $30, $40, $50 and on up should of just waited for the second batch around movie time......IMO

Jmacq1, I only get two days off honey. & as much as i'd love to spend that time rummageing around the net looking for data on old toy sales, I'm not.

Queen got a pocket full of cash & a hot man on his way!!! Its G-A-Y pride this week & believe me this SUPREMEQUEEN is gonna go out with a BANG (several if it can be arranged).

So you kiddies have fun & when I get back i'll let you know if any one got arrested. anyway, till then sweeties don't do anything I wouldn't do..................................at least not with out bail money LOL!!!

Jmacq1, I only get two days off honey. & as much as i'd love to spend that time rummageing around the net looking for data on old toy sales, I'm not.

Queen got a pocket full of cash & a hot man on his way!!! Its G-A-Y pride this week & believe me this SUPREMEQUEEN is gonna go out with a BANG (several if it can be arranged).

So you kiddies have fun & when I get back i'll let you know if any one got arrested. anyway, till then sweeties don't do anything I wouldn't do..................................at least not with out bail money LOL!!!

tisk, tisk........(lol)

Anyone gotten any wind of these, anywhere? I went to two Targets, a Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us this morning, all in a matter of about an hour and all before 10 AM in the Long Island area, and I found nothing. The only sign of them I saw were some price labels in Wal Mart and some in Toys R Us with empty pegs. Have they really headed for the highway, are all the recall rumors true?

Anyone gotten any wind of these, anywhere? I went to two Targets, a Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us this morning, all in a matter of about an hour and all before 10 AM in the Long Island area, and I found nothing. The only sign of them I saw were some price labels in Wal Mart and some in Toys R Us with empty pegs. Have they really headed for the highway, are all the recall rumors true?

Hi & welcome! & yes, sorry u wasted your gas, but there are NO MM any ware to be found. Its not an "Offical Recall", but the bottem line is that they've been taken from the pegs & with the movie edgeing closer & closer w/every passing day, I'm starting to wonder if they'r gonna put them back on the shelves.

Now I think its either in this thread or the "Movie Masters recalled? " thread that I posted info on ebay seller selling two packs. Now as I read up on these two pack MMs they were discribed as being 7" tall. That a full inch taller than the 1st wave. & that has me wondering if the 2nd wave is totaly "re-vamped" from the 1st??? If so then the 1st wave truly is gone forever. But the 7" thing might just be a typo.

Either way the 1st wave is still gonna be chace figs. it might seem silly but our community has a history of placeing outrageious value on 1st wave packageing, even if the toy inside is the exact same!

Thanks for the welcome, Supreme Queen. Don't worry about the gas, I've been syphoning it from Republican SUV's. Desperate times call for desperate measures. #US1#

I'm kind of confused. When you say wave 2, you're talking about a completely different line of figures, right? The Fear Toxin Batman, the Begins Batman, etc. You don't mean that wave 2 is just a repackaging of Joker, Thug, etc.? Am I EVER going to be able to get those figures without dropping 60, 70 bucks on ebay?

yeah, I did read something about the two packs coming out in July, & when you heard me say wave2, that's part of what I'm talking about. wave 2 has alread hit stores in the form of 4" figs & new vehicules.

As for MMs ever coming back out in single pack, hell man that's any bodies guess. But if I were to hazzared a guess i'd say no. I think there just gonna roll with the two packs. I'm just hopeing the two packs are the same product as the singles.

I'm starting to lean more towards they idea that they're just holding the toys off and waiting until the moment closest to the release of the movie to let them go. I wish we knew some employees here from stores, but I bet they've got a stock full of MM's in the back rooms, with specific orders not to shelve them until the movie comes out, or around it...

I'm starting to lean more towards they idea that they're just holding the toys off and waiting until the moment closest to the release of the movie to let them go. I wish we knew some employees here from stores, but I bet they've got a stock full of MM's in the back rooms, with specific orders not to shelve them until the movie comes out, or around it...

go 2 toysrus.com and preorder the 2-packs.

I found Two thugs and a bunch of regular Batman Movie Masters today at the Palmyra, PA Wal Mart.

Don't know if this means they are shipping out again, or if they just had a case somewhere and just found it.

I'm trying to make customs of all the thugs from the movie, so I bought both thugs and a Batman.

I found Two thugs and a bunch of regular Batman Movie Masters today at the Palmyra, PA Wal Mart.

Don't know if this means they are shipping out again, or if they just had a case somewhere and just found it.

I'm trying to make customs of all the thugs from the movie, so I bought both thugs and a Batman.

good find!

good find!

Thanks, I think I noticed something different about the package. Or maybe I just didn't notice it before when I got my Joker.

But, there's a small hole punched in the back of the card near the bottom on all of them. I think it's there so the plastic fumes don't build up and you don't get hit with a face full of fumes when you open it, kinda like how the DC Universe has holes in the bubble.

Does anyone remember/know if the first batch had these holes? Maybe that's what mattel wanted to do when they recalled them.

good find!

Thanks, I think I noticed something different about the package. Or maybe I just didn't notice it before when I got my Joker.

But, there's a small hole punched in the back of the card near the bottom on all of them. I think it's there so the plastic fumes don't build up and you don't get hit with a face full of fumes when you open it, kinda like how the DC Universe has holes in the bubble.

Does anyone remember/know if the first batch had these holes? Maybe that's what mattel wanted to do when they recalled them.

I bought 2 of the Jokers when they first came out. I didn't notice it at first, but I just looked at the one still in the package and it does have a hole in the back.

Hurry! these are on the Walmart website for sale! just put my order for 2 jokers and 2 thugs- no batman available - you must go to new arrivals- do not click on batman or dark Knight- they are on the second page. 11,97 each with free shippingg with ship- to -store

Hurry! these are on the Walmart website for sale! just put my order for 2 jokers and 2 thugs- no batman available - you must go to new arrivals- do not click on batman or dark Knight- they are on the second page. 11,97 each with free shippingg with ship- to -store

sorry- web site now states no longer available- was going to get extras for trade- just happy i was able to get what i got- again sorry if you missed out

yup! it happened in front of my very eyes! I saw the green "in stock" change to "sold out" just that effin fast.

I did pre order my twin pack! Oh yeah, I know its not realy the topic of this thread & I will go & post this info over in the Stealth Batmobile thread, but at the TRU in Vinland NJ the Stealth Launch Batmobile is up for pre order & they'r throwing in a free mask!

if anybody else got an extra mm joker lmk