Yay, or nay  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Select One

• Retooled New minty White Sharc
    • Repait Sharc
    • No I do not like the Sharc
    • No I have too many already
    • Depends on the packed in figure

I have liked the sharc from the begining, especially packed in with Deep-Six. To me he was a very cool figure even though you could only move his arms. The sharc just seemed like a cool different design for sea and air. I guess most of my favorite vehicles were sea based as my family is Navy all the way. The Whale was my very first vehicle and I was so happy with that, and then the Cobra Hydrofoil was so awesome as well.

I think if hasbro retools the Sharc to either be a little bigger as DPrime says for a command vehicle (with a bigger cockpit for a driver to sit up) prefferably compared to say a simple retool with a lower cockpit, then I would be happy. I only owned the original white sharc, and recently discovered all the dang repaints they did of this. I wasn't stateside for a while so I missed 3-4 years worth of what was going on. I just recently got the night specter mostly for the figure and have to say the white version was is still my favorite of all the repaints (minus the custom job posted on hisstank of tigershark colors of blue and grey which kicked ass).

So heres a poll for all so you can voice your opinion.

I'm not a fan of the SHARC at all. I would buy one if I really wanted the figure.

The other two vehicles in your post, the Whale and the Hydrofoil though: I love them both.

Yeah, since my parents gave away my whale to someone, and my hydrofoil got stolen, I've hoped hasbro would put them back out so I could get them again, am still waiting for an upgraded WHALE, and I did see the repaited hydrofoil at toys R us, and I'm sorry but can't stand repaints. I want the red hydrofoil with those bad assed stickers on it. Hopefully we get both. I don't know what hasbro's problem is. They turn down the terrordrome, when thats mostly what I see people requesting. If they are scared to sit on it make it an online exclusive or TRU exclusive, they have plenty of room. If people are willing to pay $100-$250 for a figure, then I'm sure bigger vehicles/playsets wouldn't be out of the question.

With all the ebay high prices, I wonder if this is getting big and there are a lot of fans, or a split of fans and people just out to make money.

I hate the design of the SHARC.

Yea, I can say I truly hate it--even more than the Battle Hornet or the Neutralizer. Everytime I look at that thing, I keep thinking someone snipped off the nose. The idea of it being able to transition between sub-surface and sky just doesn't work for me, based on the design they used.

I'd MUCH rather have seen the SKYDIVER 1 design borrowed from Gerry Anderson's UFO--a vehicle that does the same thing, and looks a 1000 times better, IMO.

If it were to be rereleased, I'd prefer a total re-do or re-think to it.

I would like the SHARC more if there was some logical way to have someone pilot it. I honestly can't see lying on your belly, as that sacrifices the wonderful view from the all-around canopy, giving up alot of peripheral vision. Also, you crash that thing head-first and you're dead, no doubt about it. I simple reclined seat (doesn't have to be 90 degrees) would be great. And you could put the console label on the interior of the canopy, like the electronic HUDs modern fighter jets have. So really, all Hasbro needs to do is change one piece of plastic, and I think everyone would be happy.

i would like to see the shark with the 2 setter. like from the cartoons..

In that case, they would have to elongate it, or increase the size all-around. Unless they did it like a Star Wars Snowspeeder where one faces the front and the other the rear. I don't remember the cartoon too much, but that might work without a lot of trouble.

A 2 seater would be nice for sure. Also its cool to have 2 divers in tow on the undercarriage but for it to be more believable and for the power, you would think it would be bigger. A hybrid snowspeeder/sharc would be a cool deal too as far as design goes.

Another thing is Deep Six is a deep sea diver which you would think the SHARC if it is his vehicle should be deep sea compatible as well so that also means it should be bigger to withstand the pressure. That little hinged canopy window seems like fishtank glass.

I would like the SHARC more if there was some logical way to have someone pilot it. I honestly can't see lying on your belly, as that sacrifices the wonderful view from the all-around canopy, giving up alot of peripheral vision.

I seem to remember someone posting a pic where they sat Grand Slam up correctly in the new SHARC release, and he seemed to fit well, and it looked natural. Now if I could just find that pic.

But for me, I'm not buying it. If it comes with a figure I want, I'll just buy the fig from someone else.

I would like the SHARC more if there was some logical way to have someone pilot it. I honestly can't see lying on your belly, as that sacrifices the wonderful view from the all-around canopy, giving up alot of peripheral vision.

I seem to remember someone posting a pic where they sat Grand Slam up correctly in the new SHARC release, and he seemed to fit well, and it looked natural. Now if I could just find that pic.

But for me, I'm not buying it. If it comes with a figure I want, I'll just buy the fig from someone else.

Oh, it can easily be done - just has no back support. He'd be forever in 'crunch' position, which no doubt would give him a great set of abs, but would be awfully uncomfortable. :D

Then the SHARC master flex system it is for me, my abs need it too lol. For a simple retool it would be kind of what they did with the hiss and lowering the seat. Back support would be needed for sure so a little more modding would be needed. This makes me want to go out and buy another Night specter to fix it myself. I'll have to look around tomorrow on my day off. Thinking about how they had it when it first came out, to think about riding around in a vehicle with your neck at that angle the whole time, would make me stiff in no time.

I just checked yojoe.com and it said the sharc was supposed to be a submersible high speed reconnisiance vehicle. I can't see it as that but ok.

Then the SHARC master flex system it is for me, my abs need it too lol. For a simple retool it would be kind of what they did with the hiss and lowering the seat. Back support would be needed for sure so a little more modding would be needed. This makes me want to go out and buy another Night specter to fix it myself. I'll have to look around tomorrow on my day off. Thinking about how they had it when it first came out, to think about riding around in a vehicle with your neck at that angle the whole time, would make me stiff in no time.

I just checked yojoe.com and it said the sharc was supposed to be a submersible high speed reconnisiance vehicle. I can't see it as that but ok.

The original SHARC? Submersible? Hell yes! It even had styrofoam inserts within the body and thrusters to keep it afloat if need be. And Deep Six came in an awful deep-sea diving suit that if you hand-pumped an attachable bellow, would allow him to sink or surface. It was not originally marketed as an aircraft, like with the Target exclusive. Should I feel old knowing that? Or older having tested this out in the tub as a kid?

Lol I didnt't know about the styrofoam, my dad put mine together. Yes I remember the evil pump, no matter where you put it it always came back. The box art does show it skimming the surface on the original. I just remember it from the cartoon and them sneaking into the underwater cobra base. I do know when I got the cobra repainted version, I wanted to throw it against the wall cause it was such a pain to put together.

You shouldn't feel old at all.

My girlfriend likes me being a kid at heart.

Your only as old as you feel.

Lol I didnt't know about the styrofoam, my dad put mine together. Yes I remember the evil pump, no matter where you put it it always came back. The box art does show it skimming the surface on the original. I just remember it from the cartoon and them sneaking into the underwater cobra base. I do know when I got the cobra repainted version, I wanted to throw it against the wall cause it was such a pain to put together.

You shouldn't feel old at all.

My girlfriend likes me being a kid at heart.

Your only as old as you feel.

Yeah, that apparently was a tough one. I remember being pissed then about the 'flip-up' cannon. I must have put it together wrong, because the way mine worked, I pushed the button under each wing, which made the gun panels pop up just enough to get your fingernail under to complete the movement, raising the guns. Now here it is, 20 odd years later and some toy guru at a plant in Korea has put the mother together for me, and I realize (20 YEARS LATER!!!) that I assembled it wrong. Now I can slide that little lever back and forth, raising and lowering the cannon! I swear to God! If I had a time machine, I would go back and punch myself in the face for being an idiot and not following through with F-ing G I Joe directions!!!

As far as the girlfriend goes, I'm glad you found a kindred spirit. I think the last thing I would show someone would be my collection. Yes, I am self-supportive. Yes, I am single, and own my own house. Both of which girls apparently go for. But I think when I would bring them downstairs to the toy room, it would take a reeeaaaallll special girl to hold back the laughter at the shelves filled with superheroes and G I Joes that are around the corner from the laundry room! And that would probably be after discussing why He-Man, Superfriends and the like are in my DVD collection! That's a real special girl you got there! (as long as she doesn't invade the room with her heretofore untold of collection of 'My Pretty Pony' or something, anyway!

I've never had a SHARC, but my neighbor did when we were kids, so I would mind one looking like the original now.

I guess Valdin already mentioned my preference. Although I don't hate it, the SHARC is kind of boring. I'll buy it regardless (maybe two side by side would look better, if it's the original version) but I really would like to see something new and a bit bigger - after all a bigger cockpit would be cartoon accurate, which is nice. I'd still use it with my vintage figs as a command version or "SHARC Mk II" or something.

Oh, and for the record Valdin, I also really liked the original Deep Six figure - it was great to have someone a bit different! If they do up a 25th version I hope he's got his bulky deep sea dive suit, and if they made it removable somehow that'd be awesome.

I also liked the Tiger Force version that guy painted up.

I've always like the Sharc, but never owned one as a kid. So the possibility of getting one in the 25th line to go a long with the Night Spector is great for me. I've always liked the idea of having a vehicle that can swap between traveling in the air or the sea. I just hope that the Deep Six version is like the 2nd version of him instead of original version.

I was stoked to finally get a hold of Night Spector. Grand Slam no longer drives it though. Ace is now the pilot & he sits upright in it. He actually fits pretty well that way.

I agree with CIC I will buy at least one of anything they put out. Usually I buy two. I have found that when I pass onsomething I have fits tring to get it later. I amstill cring about the things I didn't get in the past. And most go for more than I am willing to pay now. I guess it just depends on what you want for your collection.