For the wave 7 HISS drivers...

AlleyViper2

....Do they actually FIT in the cockpit of the tank? Those drivers that come with the tank don't even fit. I think this might have been brought up before, but I don't remember if it was on this board or another one, but those generic soldiers have the diaper-like crotch design, and their legs start to splay out when you move them into a sitting position. If you keep them straight, there's just not enough room. I suppose you could really jam them in there, but I'm afraid of breaking the figure or something.

I've even tried removing his gear and/or helmet, which doesn't seem to change anything. Am I just trying to put him in there wrong, or is there an easier way to get them in there? Or do the actual HISS drivers fit better?

I can get a Cobra trooper to sit in the cockpit for a DTC HISS no problem.

The Target excluisve HISS tanks are retooled to allow for a 25th figure, and as far as I can recall there's no problems getting them in there.

Are you talking about the original HISS tanks?

My HISS troopers fit into mine just fine. You gotta move the torso around and situate the helmet the right way, but I've got them all in there.

I am curious about the HISS drivers though.

I was able to gently force my HISS drivers into the seats, but God forbid they hit a bump in the road - thier knees will shatter! That's one of the reasons I'd like to see a Flying Figg special on the hip/crotch area next. If they had a little more give there, then they could bend at the knee and make it more 'comfortable'. Same thing with the AWE, but there's alot less room to work with there, not an open cockpit like the HISS, so I don't really see a fix.

Yeah, I kinda fanagled it around a bit and got him in there. There isn't tons of room to spare, but they do fit...For some reason, my figure doesn't bend at the feet at all. Not the rotation in the ankle (which works fine) but the actual up and down. If I try to bend it, the plastic of his feet will bend before the joint does...

Pictures

I was plesasantly surprised that the 25th HISS Driver fit in my original HISS and the DTC HISS, see for yourself:

Original HISS

hiss.jpg

hiss2.jpg

hiss3.jpg

DTC HISS

dtc_hiss.jpg

dtc_hiss2.jpg